Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Western Europe
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

French Army, L'Armee Francais Impression (Mk.I)

:

Western Europe

Old April 18th, 2012, 14:14   #1
beastor

French Army, L'Armee Francais Impression (Mk.I)

Just finished this one off last month and took it for a try out last Sunday and I have to admit I like it. I don't use Bullpups that often but I admit I love how handy they are in a CQB enviroment.

I know they are ugly as sin but I have always loved FAMAS. The Marui is a fantastic tried and tested design (The venerable Mk.1 gearbox!) and the strap is perfect for dropping from the firing position to draw your sidearm.

Managed to get a lot of the kit from Army Surplus stores I visited while working in France in Jan, the rest i got from ebay France.

Things that are off: boots (my russian para boots) and the tunic isn't the right cut (but is still a commercial french military product). The holster is a US M9 one the closest I could find to the French PAMAS pistol (what the Berreta 92f is called built under licence)

The "Gilet" vest is a fantastic platfrom: very comfy, lots of pouches for any gear you want to stow and tough.

The "Spectra" helmet was a very lucky find on ebay France, the XL helmet sizes are very hard to get hold of.

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 14:48   #2
89db

Nice loadout!
Used to love the FAMAS as well. It is refreshing to see something well executed that is non-US. Kudos for getting all the gears from France
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:02   #3
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Excellent as always..

now the obligatory dig at France... It's nice to see what the front of the loadout looks like, typically we only see the back of the French.

( sorry.. but I could not resist.. )

Also.. 89db... the plural of gear .. is gear

gears are in the mechbox ... gear is on his back
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:07   #4
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Excellent as always..

now the obligatory dig at France... It's nice to see what the front of the loadout looks like, typically we only see the back of the French.
lol I knew someone would do it! might as well be you grrr ! XD

looks good beastor! as usual a very well made loadout.

boots are easy to find in france if you can find a surplus, it's getting harder outside big cities.
apparently they are difficult to find this side of the ocean...
French army boots are usually very comfortable and very fast to tie up thanks to their metal buckle, you just wrap the laces around them and that's it, no need to make a knot.

Last edited by Jimski; April 18th, 2012 at 15:15..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:07   #5
Crunchmeister

Your impression is not very realistic. You're actually posing in fighting positions with weapons ready rather than running like a scared little girl while waving a white flag.

Ok, now that the mandatory piss-take at the French is out of the way, congrats for a great loadout.
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:17   #6
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Your impression is not very realistic. You're actually posing in fighting positions with weapons ready rather than running like a scared little girl while waving a white flag.
you Sir, are late.plus it's not true anymore, ever heard of the Legion?
And I've heard some armies from this continent were quite happy to find some decend food on the field back in Desert Storm, brought by...the French who couldn't get by without their own food.They would sell it to american troops

Last edited by Jimski; April 18th, 2012 at 16:57..
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:18   #7
Crunchmeister

I know Jim. But still, it's a stigma the French will always have to deal with.
Old April 18th, 2012, 15:19   #8
Jimski

it's ok they deserved it lol
Old April 18th, 2012, 16:48   #9
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I know Jim. But still, it's a stigma the French will always have to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
it's ok they deserved it lol
Welcome to 2012 asshole!

Damn racist comments like that make me mad!

The french can be proud of their fighting skills and the courage they have demonstrated over and over again, usually against superior forces. Do you have any scottish or irish blood in your ancestors, want to hear what the british said about them. Would it make you mad to hear them?

Facts: during WW1 the french lost 1,397,800 soldiers + civilian casualties and had their country ravaged while the british lost 886.939 soldiers and their country was almost untouched! Maybe England should be grateful the french stood between them and Germany. I wonder how long the brits would have lasted alone against the germans?

You will tell me the french lost the second world war, I will remind you the french and the british lost that one and that french troops sacrificed themselves so that the english expeditionnary force could escape, maybe you want to tell me those french soldiers were cowards!

Maybe you should listen to how gratefull the British soldiers were and how happy they were to escape on boats from the german army! If you look it up on the Internet you will find british veterans comparing the french to the spartans, remember the movie 300. But maybe you were there so you can tell everyone the french are cowards that run from a fight.

When you repeat racist stupidities like that you spit on the sacrifice of brave soldiers. Not just french but scottish, irish, indian, american indians and all the other races that get slammed by stupid comments based on nothing but ignorance and intolerance. To repeat them over and over makes you stupid and intolerant, it doesn't make you better!

I have no patience for racist, I dont care what country they come from or what color they are! They are the scum of the earth!
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 16:55   #10
Jimski

lol, is that 'asshole' for me? chill dude, I'm french and I served.Crunch and Brian are joking.
also French is not a race...

Last edited by Jimski; April 18th, 2012 at 17:00..
Old April 18th, 2012, 17:25   #11
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
Things that are off: boots (my russian para boots) and the tunic isn't the right cut (but is still a commercial french military product). The holster is a US M9 one the closest I could find to the French PAMAS pistol (what the Berreta 92f is called built under licence)

The "Gilet" vest is a fantastic platfrom: very comfy, lots of pouches for any gear you want to stow and tough.
If I remember right, front line soldiers don't use those "gilets" anymore they use the "Tigre", which is molle and bulletproof. They switched about 2 or 3 years ago.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 17:38   #12
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
I have no patience for racist, I dont care what country they come from or what color they are! They are the scum of the earth!
You need to re-evaluate the definition of "racism", as there was none here.

Pis pour ton information, chu Gaspésien pis aussi "français" que tois. C'est pas a cause que chu en Ontario présentement que sa change ca.
Old April 18th, 2012, 17:45   #13
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
lol, is that 'asshole' for me? chill dude, I'm french and I served.Crunch and Brian are joking.
also French is not a race...
I know your french Jimski and I believe you when you say it was a joke but it was in bad taste! That kind of joke is a little to close to some things I have heard in the past from english speaking towards french speaking and from french towards english.

It wasn't a joke then and this is not a proper joke now.

Take care, 5kull
Old April 18th, 2012, 17:54   #14
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Welcome to 2012 asshole!

Damn racist comments like that make me mad!

yeah! I agree .. no time for Racists.... fortunately my comments were not Racist... France is a Country.. not a species or a race.. now the Franks.. that was a race.. and those dudes were kick ass.. all over Europe for Hundreds of years... and lets not forget that France dominated Europe in the 1800s..

And yes yes.. the old saw about the French being a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys is old.. but kinda valid looking at the last great war..WW2.. but that was not really the Fault of the French in general.. more the fault of the French Military High Command which put their stock in static defense in the face of mechanized infantry..

so I apologize for my attack upon French military Prowess.. but someone was going to say it.. so I figured we may as well go there early, and get it out of the way
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 18:14   #15
5kull

so I apologize for my attack upon French military Prowess.. but someone was going to say it.. so I figured we may as well go there early, and get it out of the way[/QUOTE]

Apology accepted Bryan.

Take care, 5kull
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Western Europe