Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 12th, 2010, 21:06   #556
rickbattosai

hey guys!

I'm relatively new to airsoft. I had registered a while ago but had problems posting. Since I'm finally able to post I wanted to start off by saying hello and hope to get to know the community. I hope to maybe get to know those of you here in Montreal. I went to get myself age verified already (Thanks again Drake). I'm just waiting for it to show on the forums.

I hope to learn a lot more things from this site and about airsoft. I guess I'll see you guys around on the forums. :grin:
rickbattosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:21   #557
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by selectz View Post
I came to Victoria for alittle change of scenery and to find work though my girlfriend is at UVIC. And no worries about the questions I don't mind answering at all. You ever play in the Victoria area?
Actually my brother is in Victoria right now for school and I think he might be trying to find games/rides/rentals (and AV rep to get his AV done). Right now I'm sure he's pretty busy with midterms and stuff but I think when things start to wind down he might try and get out sometime.

EDIT:

@Longstone: You might be a bit disappointed. Most "weekend skirmishes" at least from what I'm seeing is more of a run and gun spray cowboys and indians type play. In fact last weekend I was playing in the UK and the gameplay here from my observation seems to gravitate towards milsim paintball/woodsball. We used hicap mags ("tactical maracas") but at least people were somewhat conservative with shooting and didn't spray 100 round strings of BB's (that said, according to the field owner there are a lot of big milsim games with ammo limits and all that, which usually happen in the summer season). Milsim games on the other hand is what you'll want to be looking at and those are the big games like BorderWars, Operation ColdFront/Keystone, Claybank, etc.

Last edited by L473ncy; October 13th, 2010 at 03:30..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 19:22   #558
aflimadimdim

Can someone delete my intro in the General section (:, Hello I'm 14 underaged but this sport looks so awesome Playing fps all my life and reading and watching war movies I knew I wanted to try the less real and more fun and less serious thing , I've been looking into a sniper but people say it's bad for a first gun :/
aflimadimdim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 18:18   #559
gam3rgodproductions

Hello everybody, new here and would just like to say hello and that i have browsed this site for a little bit and finally decided to join.
gam3rgodproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 22:03   #560
Eric R

Hello everybody
I have discover airsoft a few weeks ago and this forum at the same time.
I would like to start by get a 1911, get AGV, and why not try to go to a game.

Thank you all

Eric
Eric R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 22:09   #561
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Hi everyone. Im Eric and am fairly new to airsoft. I played scenario paintball before, but wanted something more realistic. Im planning to enlist in the CF when im 19.
Have a nice day
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:36   #562
Black Jack
Col.Angus

Heyya

HI All!

Im new to the site and the sport. Ive played a couple games and am friends with some other addicts of airsoft who have got me into it. Im just building my first kit and gear set now and look forward to getting to know people here and joining the community.

Thanks!
Black Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 22:58   #563
Raskas
formerly Someone110

Hello! I've been reading up on Airsoft for a year or so now, finally picked up an AEG, and am now anxiously awaiting the first skirmish I can get to.

Also, 21.
Raskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 13:43   #564
Ivanatom

Hi All!
I'm new to airsoft, but very interested in knowing more and yehh.... try it out.
The only concern is that I'm planning to build Russian/Soviet kit. If there are Russian players, or teams - that would be great! If not - no problem, I'm sure there are ppl, who has Soviet/Russian weapon, uniform e.t.c.
Geographically I am located in Western Toronto (almost on a border with Mississauga).
Thanks, and hope to hear from you, guys, soon.
Ivanatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 20:17   #565
b-slice

Right off the bat, you can lose respect for me because I will say that I am 16. However, you can gain some of it back because I don't want to argue the unarguable fact that I shouldn't airsoft or own an airsoft untill I'm 18? or 19...?
I think it's stupid, but I won't elaborate why, there's no point. We all have opinions. I have a gun fetish, I really love gas airsoft, blowback pistols, and all the new blowback rifles that have been coming out. I've played with airsoft for the past 4 years or so, when A&A was around and still selling guns I picked up a CYMA AK, KJ works USP Compact, but I then just went to play paintball because it was more accessible. Annnyyywayyyss... hi gaise, i'm new wher can i go to get an awp? i want an awp that shots 500 fps
Old October 25th, 2010, 22:01   #566
grim reaper

Hello all im new to this site first and foremost i'll admit upfront i have terrible grammar my posts tend to be one giant run on sentence lol anyway im james/reaper if you prefer been "plinking" with quality airsoft guns for awhile now but never played an actual game i see you need to be "age verified" im wondering if theres anyone in the Beamsville area that could take my info i'd like to see whats up for grabs in the classifieds but im not willing to head out to toronto just to show my ID anyway looking forward to jumping into the scene
grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:18   #567
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim reaper View Post
Hello all im new to this site first and foremost i'll admit upfront i have terrible grammar my posts tend to be one giant run on sentence lol anyway im james/reaper if you prefer been "plinking" with quality airsoft guns for awhile now but never played an actual game i see you need to be "age verified" im wondering if theres anyone in the Beamsville area that could take my info i'd like to see whats up for grabs in the classifieds but im not willing to head out to toronto just to show my ID anyway looking forward to jumping into the scene
Sorry to say but you'll probably have to go to Niagra or Hamilton. Although I don't believe there are any reps in Hamilton I believe some in Markham might meet you half way. That's the best I can do for you.

Also you don't need to be AV'ed to play/sign up but it definitely does help since you'll have gear anyways. Hell a lot of people do their AV at the games anyways (cause it's easy since thats where all the reps congregate).

Good luck and have fun

EDIT: @ B-slice. Yew ne3d 2 g0 2 yew-ess-aye 2 get 500 ef pee ess gunz or use m3lded spr1ng tekneek.

Seriously though at 16 you might be able to attend games if the admin/safety marshall/field owner approves but don't count on it. 18+ is usually the rule because there's no headaches with parents and whatnot (since you're legally responsible for yourself and hopefully can take care of yourself by then). It doesn't hurt to ask and at least you get your foot in the door.

Last edited by L473ncy; October 28th, 2010 at 07:21..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:24   #568
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim reaper View Post
Give MR EVOLUTION a PM and he'll probably meet you somewhere in between. He's the Niagara Region Age Verifier.

Cheers,
FACE
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 18:43   #569
Flash_Point

Hey all!!! names Justin, been into airsofting for a few years and just started to get a little more serious. this site is a dream come true guys, you provide the most in depth and welcoming help out of any forum ive ever delt with. hope to be with you guys for a while and get out to some of your events!!!
Flash_Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 21:25   #570
cookie_monster

Hi guys gals!

My name's Paul and I'm hoping to start getting into airsoft (duh!). I'm currently in Thunder Bay and looking forward to getting age verified started in the sport! So far I've learned so much and I'm so exited to meet up with some of you and start experiencing some games.
cookie_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank