Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

EOTech 552 w/trades on Dealextreme - $39 shipped

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 20th, 2010, 19:06   #136
pancakedestroyer

You won't get charged and duty fees with DX orders.
pancakedestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 19:23   #137
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

That is not entirely true, perhaps on low cost orders.

My brother in law purchased two phones from their website and he was taxed slightly.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 19:27   #138
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

It's HIGHLY unlikely you'll be taxed on small orders / individual items.

Safest bet is to order items 1 at a time since shipping is free anyways. I'd make an order, wait 2 days, make another, repeat as necessary.

I once tried making 3 orders in one day -- and they just grouped everything into one shipment. Didn't get hit with any fees -- but just giving fair warning.
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 21:48   #139
audi_bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakedestroyer View Post
You won't get charged and duty fees with DX orders.
Most of the times, but yesterday I was charged 30-75 for a 41.xx Buy, including a bluetooth car hands free kit, worth 33$... I'm going to call CBSA tomorrow to see if I can change their rated value of 200 to proper value...
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 15:08   #140
sAfuRos

Anyone who recently got one, review? Is it the same as the ones people got earlier?
Old April 21st, 2010, 16:54   #141
horto

My expert opinion is, for $37, what the hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpas View Post
Do you think I should buy from the classifieds/shop in Canada or take my risks here? I want to hear from an expert.
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 18:03   #142
valpas

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
My expert opinion is, for $37, what the hell...
I've decided to buy a more higher quality one now, since I rather buy that then get this.
valpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 20:00   #143
sAfuRos

I hope you got a Hurricane or something...most of the replicas in the $100 range aren't much better, with other critical issues like breaking windage adjustment (Dragonredairsoft EoTechs, i'm looking at you)
The ghosting on this doesn't seem bad. Thus i'd say its probably the best value you can get for sub-$100. As long as you get a working one, that is

I ordered one today. I'll make an in-depth review when i get it. Although i'm hoping to sell it back off for more than $37, eheh
Old April 22nd, 2010, 23:49   #144
Percuvius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAfuRos View Post
Anyone who recently got one, review? Is it the same as the ones people got earlier?
I got mine from ebuyairsoft on ebay it is G&P. I didn't have to pay any fees at all when Canda Post dropped it off. I posted a video of it in another thread I made. It works great has a clear and sharp reticule and all the adjustments work.
YouTube- HongKongPackage.AVI

This video shows the reticule when facing directly into bright light, it's actually much better when not looking through the camera.
YouTube- Eotech 552 clone G&P.AVI

Last edited by Percuvius; April 23rd, 2010 at 00:51..
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 20:50   #145
sAfuRos

...are you like advertising that thing? Its not even the eotech that this thread refers to.
Old April 24th, 2010, 16:11   #146
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Just received mine from DealExtreme and I can tell you, this thing is AWESOME. Very little ghosting, the battery cover was easily accessible, everything works just right. Only thing is the misspelling of Military but that's okay. Zero wobble when tightened on my VFC SCAR-L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 17:09   #147
Wildlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
The only sex toys that I trust that come the from the Asia area are those that come from Japan. Even those ones are scary with their crazy settings and what not.
Ha ha! My sister-in-law recently bought one of DX's vibrators "for therapeutic use" (yeah...); it is ridiculously powerful. Really, I've worked with automotive orbital sanders that have less torque. She's scared of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpas View Post
I wanted to know if there would be duty with this purchase as well. If you do know how much, please do not hesitate to tell me.
I've received several orders from DX now, haven't paid a cent in taxes or duty. All were worth less than $60. Canada Post's mail tracking showed them sitting in customs "awaiting review" for a week at a time, but they've never been opened.

Many thanks to the OP! I'd never heard of DX before your post; it's an excellent site.

Received my Docter clone finally! Damn it's tiny. Full metal, got trademarks, though they don't look the same as current-gen RS trades. Came nicely packaged with 20mm rail mount (with American Defence trades), hood, battery (& spare), two allen keys, and grammatically correct English instructions.

The lens appears to be held in by force of will, or possibly an invisible glue; there's a small gap (0.010") between the frame and the lens along its entire outside edge. It has a functional anti-reflective coating! Dot is 3.5 MOA-ish, and quite bright (non-adjustable though; might be too bright for low-light/evening games). Windage & elevation work fine.

The on/off switch clearly doesn't belong; this won't fit on a RS Docter mount without some creative grinding/milling.
Definitely some parallax issues; the dot smears a bit around the edges. I'd say the outside quarter of the radius of the lens is affected. (Does that make any sense? ) Isn't an issue if I center the dot properly when shooting. The instructions claim it's been calibrated to be parallax-free to 40 yards.
All in all, for $30 shipped I'm happy with it. Looks good, feels rock-solid when mounted. Haven't gamed it yet, we'll see how it holds up to repeated abuse out in the bush. The EoTech is still working great & holding zero after several games.

Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:24   #148
xopher

Wow! getting one for my naked CQBR.
did anyone experience any problems when ordering? i was reading one of the comments on the site and their order was stopped and sent back.
xopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 23:23   #149
sAfuRos

So the parallax comes into effect in a box (with 1/8th the entire diameter width) around the edges?
Just to confirm i've got this correct.
Old April 26th, 2010, 01:15   #150
Wildlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAfuRos View Post
So the parallax comes into effect in a box (with 1/8th the entire diameter width) around the edges?
Just to confirm i've got this correct.
Yes. The dot "pulls" or "smears" out of zero around the edges. It's fine throughout the rest of the lens; nice crisp dot.
Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion