bioval bbb

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:38   #31
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Metal Tech are very similar in the sense they they're also custom-manufacutered and have proven to be top performers.
They are made from the same warehouse that Airsoft Elites come from. I am not 100% sure if they are just a rebrand or not but IMO, they are.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:42   #32
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
There is quite a lively discussion going on over here on the matter:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=81725

Donster, I know you're already in there, but anyone reading this thread should probably pop over there for a peek.

Cheers

Please move discussion to above thread, and only post if you have something constructive. IE you shot these BBB max. Or have something that wasnt mentioned in the arnies thread that you want to include.

Mach1airsoft is now the distributor in canada. I dont believe he has ever received product, as american retailers havent receieved product in 6 months due to a suplly glut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:34   #33
Easy

Thumbs up Biodegradability Test

Bioval bio test done in 2005 by VSAF Sweden and posted on Arnies.

They were known as Biotech bb (BBB) back then.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/index.php.../bio_tests.htm

(the powers that be closed the other thread so i will post this here)
Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:06   #34
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
They are made from the same warehouse that Airsoft Elites come from. I am not 100% sure if they are just a rebrand or not but IMO, they are.
I think your Correct Metal Tech BBs are just a rebrand of Airsoft Elites.

Last edited by zone 69; May 8th, 2009 at 10:10..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:43   #35
BlackRain

I am going to try out some of these BB's to see what all the hype is about myself. I have read through a lot of the discussion in both this thread and the other and personally don't see what the big deal is. I have also talked to a bunch of retailers who sell them as well as U.S. players that have used them and they all say the same thing... Best BB's on the Market. I can understand the safety aspect of the discussion and respect it but I am the type that if I try it myself then I will believe it. I ordered some today and should see them soon.

We are not the masks we wear, .... But when we don them we become them!
BlackRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 15:38   #36
Ashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
Is it me or has there been a recent influx of "players" from Switzerland, etc that propose how great BBB's are.

The inner skeptic in me believes an insane marketing ploy.
That and conclusion of safety results from physical tests will be the decision factor for me.
Not just words from some random that just suddenly popped up.

Just seems really strange that all this has happened after we really started to investigate the validity of the claims.
Thaaat's pretty much exactly what I thought the moment I saw the original post.

After seeing this kind of thing and reading Scarecrow's discussion thread, I don't think I'd ever purchase this brand.

Also, Scarecrow, thanks for doing the investigating. I appreciate it, I imagine other people do.
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:35   #37
Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
Thaaat's pretty much exactly what I thought the moment I saw the original post.

After seeing this kind of thing and reading Scarecrow's discussion thread, I don't think I'd ever purchase this brand.

Also, Scarecrow, thanks for doing the investigating. I appreciate it, I imagine other people do.
This sounds a bit trolley. Lets try and keep this on the merits or not of the product. So far anything that even remotely look like evidence was placed earlier in this thread. A link to a Swedish bio degradation test.

Last edited by Easy; May 10th, 2009 at 01:42..
Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:31   #38
Drake
E-01

Here's some more independent third party testing/evidence, from the good folks over at Red Alliance:

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...?topic=10496.0

Digested crux:
  • BBBMAX 0.27 @ 80m/s spalled glass from 1.5 meters
  • ordinary BBs, 0.30g and 0.43g @ upto 170m/s from 1 meter caused no damage.

Which isn't really a surprise, considering Bioval themselves issued a statement (subsequent to the Berget incident) which included:

Quote:
2. The BBBMAX was specifically designed for use by Military and Law Enforcement (MILPOL) training centres in the US, Australia and Europe. The specifications are far superior to normal bbs and so are the ballisticproperties. Breaking windshields and windows was one of the many requirements. In this respect the BBBMAX has performed to specifications.

Considering teeth have been chipped with ordinary BBs when using high enough velocities, I also wonder at what velocity the Bioval stuff would start causing trips to the dentist.
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:53   #39
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Considering teeth have been chipped with ordinary BBs when using high enough velocities, I also wonder at what velocity the Bioval stuff would start causing trips to the dentist.
Sound more like more people going to the ER room with reports of bb shot wounds.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:37   #40
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Sound more like more people going to the ER room with reports of bb shot wounds.
Well, to be fair, none of the tests or reports mention worse injury, and for what it's worth (I have my doubts about them) the Lavante tests claim less injury potential. So that's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

But there does seem to be a lot more potential for material (vehicle windows, radios, plastic AEG bodies, possibly even metal ones, etc), and possibly teeth or pinky fingers (which dont have much meat for padding).
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:33   #41
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
This sounds a bit trolley.
Thats the pot calling the kettle black. I thought we already had this discussion.

Quote:
So far anything that even remotely look like evidence was placed earlier in this thread. A link to a Swedish bio degradation test.
Yes, and its not even for the BBBMax product, its for their old formula so it doesn't even apply to this conversation.

This whole thread is a giant troll on both sides of the equation. The other thread was locked for a reason. You can't get them here right now. Wait until they arrive, try some, burn some in a mass spectrometer, and make a judgment then. What was concluded in the other thread is that the only reliable information is anecdotal in nature, so you're on your own for testing and deciding.

I appreciate the support for my product, but people misunderstand my motivation for discussing it - the BBBMax product is an *entirely* different price point and ultimately, entirely different purpose. In that respect I don't see a conflict between the two products. My only concern is what was posted in that other thread in post #1, and if it means there are details that need to be uncovered. Beyond that you can't answer any more questions until we get it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
Just seems really strange that all this has happened after we really started to investigate the validity of the claims.
Yeah, I find that interesting as well.

Last edited by Scarecrow; May 10th, 2009 at 09:41.. Reason: speeling.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:17   #42
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
So here is my question. Probably silly, and I have read both threads, but I think I am missing something.

Who needs a biodgradable BB?
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:58   #43
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
This sounds a bit trolley. Lets try and keep this on the merits or not of the product. So far anything that even remotely look like evidence was placed earlier in this thread. A link to a Swedish bio degradation test.
And some may say the same for you. Each and every one of your posts has been in one of 2 threads about bioval BB's.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/search....archid=2656923
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:59   #44
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
So here is my question. Probably silly, and I have read both threads, but I think I am missing something.

Who needs a biodgradable BB?
Hippies.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 20:37   #45
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
Hippies.
I thought they were just into granola and sweat lodges...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion