MadBull shotshells for real shotguns

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 7th, 2008, 10:37   #46
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
I what the darn things for at home,not for a AS game.As for them
getting damaged,that will not be a problem.So since I can't seem
to locate any,you won't have to worry about me having them.
Old November 7th, 2008, 10:58   #47
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
However...what do you think the percentages are of people who have these, loaded them up, shot off the rounds and promptly ejected it out of their shotty...sending that pristine machined aluminum shell sailing out of the shotty and smacking it on the floor, compromising either the function or finish (or both)?
You can't get your guns or mags dirty or have any wear on them?
Also, I doubt they'd be damaged if they're CNC'd aluminum. Also, you dont think the actual real steel shotgun would put more wear on them than hitting a floor lightly?

Needless to say they shouldn't be used in a game anyhow.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:27   #48
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You can't get your guns or mags dirty or have any wear on them?
Also, I doubt they'd be damaged if they're CNC'd aluminum. Also, you dont think the actual real steel shotgun would put more wear on them than hitting a floor lightly?

Needless to say they shouldn't be used in a game anyhow.
HA!....you've never seen me play or seen the state/condition of my stuff. What an asinine, useless comment.

I've dropped a "40mm grenade" (120rnd shower shell) on the floor of my basement (which happens to be concrete) and the impact bent the rim and put a nice scratch on the body of the shell.

Containers that are made up of multiple pieces that are screwed together and are intended to hold gas at high pressures don't normally hold up too well to repeated impact shock for very long.

Cosmetic scratches or wear would be an expected result of normal use. But it's a shame to mess up brand new pretty things just for the hell of it.

Real steel shotguns are ejecting spent shells to clear the action and to prep for another shell to feed. There's nothing in the design of a shotgun's ejection that attempts to preserve the integrity of the shell....and whereas real spent shells are disposable and retain little to no residual value, these are obviously different in those regards.

The sarcasm of my question that was lost on you was that these things are so realistic, and used in such a realistic manner that I bet a high percentage of new owners of them promptly racked the slides of their shotgun back after shooting it and sent their very pretty, new, and relatively very expensive shell sailing out of the gun to the crash on the floor.

I don't see too many (some, but by far not the majority of people) drop their rifle and pistol mags when they're empty and continue on (most will recover them and stow them as in a tactical reload)...same with shot/shower shells, most don't just dump their 40mm's wherever they fall, but rather retain them as they reload. Bit hard to do that as you jack a round out of a shotgun...at the very least it's quite distracting and breaks focus significantly.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:31   #49
Styrak

Oh yeah. Well I know 40mm nades are prone to damage since they're so heavy, but I would think these shotshells are pretty light. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I don't see too many (some, but by far not the majority of people) drop their rifle and pistol mags when they're empty and continue on (most will recover them and stow them as in a tactical reload)...same with shot/shower shells, most don't just dump their 40mm's wherever they fall, but rather retain them as they reload. Bit hard to do that as you jack a round out of a shotgun...at the very least it's quite distracting and breaks focus significantly.
Yeah people don't do that with airsoft mags, etc, but you can get shotgun shellcatcher bags.

Old November 11th, 2008, 20:51   #50
Double Tapper

No one hasn't heard where can be bought?.
Old November 11th, 2008, 20:52   #51
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tapper View Post
No one hasn't heard where can be bought?.
They aren't released yet. Check the Madbull website. They aren't even on there yet.

Old November 11th, 2008, 20:55   #52
Double Tapper

Ok,I thought that they were showing them on youtube they were good to go.
I also looked all over their site and could not find them.
Old November 11th, 2008, 21:25   #53
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
seriously though, I would say this would be favorable for home defense... 1100fps on .2g does not give much energy <5J ...
**I'd recheck your calculations if I were you.

And definitly not liking the idea of these....
May years ago, I was present for a "controlled experiment" where in the buck shot was removed from a 12 guage shell and replaced with .20 weight BBs.
The shot gun was then discharged at a piece of plywood and chronied. The shot resulted on a molten mass of splattered plastic hitting the plywood will practically no penetration..... the chrony read ~700 fps.

Now obviously the BBs fired from these "shot gun shells" will not be molten, however, the underlying note here is the fps. These will more than likely be treated as real ammo (reguardless of what they are fired out of, it will be considered a fire arm because it's over 5.7J and over the 500 fps limit), and therefore will be controlled as such.
Shot gun.... non restricted, no biggie, every hunter has had or still has a shotty. But odds are that the Canadian Fire Arms Center will probably out right restrict use of these "shot gun shells" to military use only (for trainning).

Just my opinion.
SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 21:33   #54
demco11

well at "800" fps

Its still way over field limits.

That stuff is meant for the real steel range & real steel applications, not airsoft fields.
Old November 11th, 2008, 21:34   #55
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

maybe after reading peoples reactions to them on different forums, they won't pursue the production of these things. In all likelyhood they really won't sell too many of these to make profit.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 21:36   #56
Tankdude

they did it to check market response you say? Clever
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 21:37   #57
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
**I'd recheck your calculations if I were you.
Lol, 11.2 joules and 1100 FPS. I'd say that was a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demco11 View Post
well at "800" fps

Its still way over field limits.

That stuff is meant for the real steel range & real steel applications, not airsoft fields.
Yeah, at 800 FPS it's still 5.95 joules, and still a firearm.

Last edited by Styrak; November 11th, 2008 at 21:41..
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:59   #58
CerberusNet

Yea, like most of the players and retailers here have responded, I agree this is a bad idea. This would be crossing a line that airsoft was never intended to cross. It is a game for recreational and tactical purposes. Not to see how much damage you can inflict on others before really harming them. Obviously there's major legal issues here considering that anything over 500FPS and 5.7J is treated as a firearm, therefor using such a mod in any game would be looked at as a criminal offense. I hope to god no one tries using this crap on my field or I'll personally see to it they're punished fully. As far as I know this site, much like my company, is in place for the purpose of familiarizing the sport of airsoft as a safe and fun recreational hobby for gamers to enjoy. Not something kids can use to test the limits of the law and players pain thresholds. I disagree with this idea and hopefully it will never see daylight.
CMDR C
The Airsoft Armory
CerberusNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:41   #59
HaZarD SFD

I would just stay away from this product entirely.
Old December 27th, 2008, 21:04   #60
aZn_triXta07

I see this as a cheaper n safer alternative to blank firing replicas in the movie industry (no BBs of course) otherwise this is a no-no to Airsoft
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion