Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Evike.com

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 13th, 2010, 23:10   #61
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Np man. Aeg some times I will cheap out on. My vsr never. Wont risk missing that shot due to shotty parts or anything like that.
Old July 13th, 2010, 23:48   #62
ScooterVauto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast569 View Post
Np man. Aeg some times I will cheap out on. My vsr never. Wont risk missing that shot due to shotty parts or anything like that.
well the plan was a polar star rig, all cnc out of the states. but Evike killed that, I have no intent on trying again. At this point I have (thanks to the find folks in the forum)
603 Promethus tight bore 433 VSR10 barrel (need to get a hop up due to the AEG cut)
150 Laylax VSr spring
125 & 145 Element Vsr10 springs
and the VSR 10 pro of course

getting
VSR pro nozzel (5 different ends) (i assume for changing FPS without pulling the spring)
(Laylax - First factory) Pss 10 trigger system with the orange Neo piston
(Laylax - First factory) Bearing spring guide
King arms 14mm ccw adapter (for plinking with a tracer unit )
Tm Mount for VSR10
Scope rings (to be named later)
and a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9x40

Should be plenty nice to take to the dance after that setup.
Thanks again OC
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 13:45   #63
Mr Haezelnut

Hey,
So I found this really cool consumer grade sniper for 49.99 US, and it's clear and has the orange tip, blah blah blah.
It's on evike.com,and i'm not sure weather or not to buy it, being that I'm not really sure of the shipping policies and all that jazz.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

P.S.
I'm not into airsoft guns that are like replicas and stuff, im good with the clear, lower quality stuff.
Mr Haezelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 14:14   #64
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Haezelnut View Post
Hey,
So I found this really cool consumer grade sniper for 49.99 US, and it's clear and has the orange tip, blah blah blah.
It's on evike.com,and i'm not sure weather or not to buy it, being that I'm not really sure of the shipping policies and all that jazz.

Thanks.

P.S.
I'm not into airsoft guns that are like replicas and stuff, im good with the clear, lower quality stuff.
The one you linked to in your other post is "OUT OF STOCK" and its from evike lol

Get AVed and look around the classifieds or the AV retailers section.

AV is free so you have nothing to loose
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 14:37   #65
Slow
Loves Furries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Haezelnut View Post
Hey,

Thanks.

P.S.
NO airsoft guns can be shipped up into Canada from the USA. So you may look at them all you want but unless you purchase from Canada you may never see one in your hands.

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 14:39   #66
ScooterVauto

here are your major issues with the plan you have.
1 you cannot import weapons (even the clear ones) ya it sucks but it is what it is.
2 EVIKE isnt worth your effort. TRUST ME I KNOW.
3 read the ASC FAQ the knowledge you gain will help in all your future airsoft endevors.
4 There are pleanty Airsoft retailers in canada. there is a mark up but you do have
after sale support.
5 If you decide to try and import a weapon and customs stops it.
a you will loose the weapon out right, B you wil not get your money back so you loose it too, C no after sales support and D the biggy, If you try and import one, you wil get put on a watch list and then ANYTHING you try and import will be flagged for inspection..

Seriously. GET av'ed and goto the Classifieds. you Will find what you want and not have to worry about the headaches..

There is a ASC member whos signature sums up the Great Evike experience..
"Evike is like Everest -- Only the Increadbly Brave or stupid can conquer it."
I was brave but not stupid enough appearantly.

stay in country and Shop smart..
have a look at these places..
http://www.albertaairsoft.com/store/
www.airsoftdepot.ca
www.airsoftparts.ca
http://www.007airsoft.com/main2.htm

oh and also.. some where in the Fourms in a thread.
"so you want to be an airsoft sniper"
Read it..
From my experience.
my Bolt action VSR cost 360 plus $500 worth of upgrades to make it competitive. 494 FPS on .2 It can puch holes in a timmys cup at 125 paces using Madbull .43 bbs
(i wear a size 12 boot so my paces are HUGE )
My M733 (m4) cost $400 plus 210 worth of upgrades and its Full auto
it shoots 383 on .2 and can SHRED a Can at 80 paces on Bastard Black .25
Good luck bud..
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:26   #67
calfun

Dont' ever order from Evike unless nobody else carries what you need.

First of all, you have no idea how much shipping to Canada is and you have to make a payment before getting a shipping quote. It'll take 2-3 days if you're lucky to get a shipping quote. Then if it's too expensive, you can ask for a refund. Then i'll take another 2-3 days to reply saying that they will refund it and if you're lucky again, it'll be another 2-3 day to receive the refund. That's a waste of at least 1 week and what happened on my first try with them.

Second attempt.
They are not clear on their website about the coupon codes so I wasn't sure which one to use. Since shipping was a arm and a leg, i chose to use the 50% off shipping coupon code, placed my order and paid again. (sept 17)
Once, again, 2-3 days to get a shipping quote and what do you know, NO discount! So i email them and another 2 days i get a response saying that the coupon does not apply to international orders! So i complained of course and then after asked if they could change the coupon code for me to the regular 10% off one or do i need to ask for a refund and replace an order and get a shipping quote again cuz that will take another week at least. Then they update my order saying refund in process. Now I'm really angry and decide to call them. My first order with them back in Feb 2010, i could never get through. Now i did get through, complained and then had the guy adjust the coupon code and give me a new shipping quote with the adjustment so I didn't have to wait another week. Then the next day i get an email saying shipping payment received. Now it's sept 24, YES 1 week later already. Also, on the phone I asked them if they could ship my order out before the weekend so i can be hopeful and receive by the following weekend since i had a game. I called them on the 23rd which is a THURSDAY and they said that prob wont be possible as they send out orders only twice a week and since it's thurs afternoon, the second shipment has prob already gone out. The guy said he also made a note to rush the order out.
So, i wait a week and nothing has come in and i didn't even get a tracking number so again, I call and it's Mon, Oct 4th. Again, this rep tells me the same thing about shipping out twice a week and my order will go out with the first shipment. I asked why it didn't go out last week and the rep doesn't know why and just calls the shipping department which immediately sends me an order update email with a tracking number. Then on WED, oct 6th i get another order update email saying my order is now shipped and provide tracking number again. Then i'm thinking, it's WED and you are shipping your 1st shipment batch out? but 2 weeks ago on a THURS, your 2nd batch must have gone out already? this was INSANE.

Anyways, it's Oct 15th now which is almost 1 whole month since i first placed the order and nothing has arrived. the tracking number just says accepted oct6 in california.

So in conclusion, it seems like they have a nice telephone customer service reps now, but other than that, they are the slowest retailer ever.

In the month of Sept, I've ordered from kastway airsoft, airsoftparts, ebairsoft, wgc, ehobbyasia and evike and by FAR, evike has been my worst experience. Even ebairsoft that is in asia and provide free shipping meaning slowest/cheapest method possible arrived within 3 weeks (2 to be honest i think) from the day i paid.

In conclusion, my suggestion is ordering overseas or in canada and DO NOT order from EVIKE
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:18   #68
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I've stopped ordering overseas and use airsoftparts.ca or airsoftdepot.ca. I can physically go and see either of them and get what I need and don't have to contend with CBSA, UPS or any others that stick a hand in my pocket.

Airsoft is only complicated if you make it complicated. It surprises me with the number of stories about Evike.com that they still do business online. If I abused my online customers as much as they have, I'd be out of business.
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:35   #69
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
NO airsoft guns can be shipped up into Canada from the USA. So you may look at them all you want but unless you purchase from Canada you may never see one in your hands.
Actually that is not overly true. There are a number of airsoft guns that have FRT numbers that are allowed to be imported. You just need to make sure you order the EXACT ones that have FRT numbers
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion