Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Legality of importing Night Vision Rifle Scopes

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 18th, 2006, 21:09   #16
ert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
I did read. The question still stands. I think he forgets little details like shipping, exchange rates and Customs Duties.

He did not say if he had looked at Canadian resources or was aware of them.
I think you should stop juming to conclusions so quickly. You sound like an old nagging mother. He may well have thought of that stuff and just not posted it because he assumed it was common knowledge.

You really just like any excuse to jump all over everyone don't you? I think you need to step away from your keyboard for a while and quit being so cynical of people.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 21:10   #17
Nervikaire

Send a message via MSN to Nervikaire
Why is that? I could get one from my local hunting store, it's just that the guy is asking way too much... (would be the same thing, not Bushnell, real EOTech)
Nervikaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 21:25   #18
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ert
Quote:
I did read. The question still stands. I think he forgets little details like shipping, exchange rates and Customs Duties.

I think you should stop juming to conclusions so quickly. You sound like an old nagging mother. He may well have thought of that stuff and just not posted it because he assumed it was common knowledge.

You really just like any excuse to jump all over everyone don't you? I think you need to step away from your keyboard for a while and quit being so cynical of people.
ERT, all I had for information is what he posted. Did he say where else he had checked? No.
Do you read minds? I dont.

When you ask a question on a forum, it's reasonable to post where you looked first.
If he had said "I checked Canadian Retailers and they want too much, but I can get the item for xxx$ US; is it worth the effort?" then he would have gotten a far more complete answer.
Newcon Optik have excellent prices that will compare favorably with what you can get from the US after Customs has reamed you, and there are no importation headaches or guesses.

Maybe you would prefer that I stop trying to save folks money? Tell you what, how about you do all the recommendations? Tell him where to shop, the costs, import fees, etc. Go for it. Then I wont have to nag, will I?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 21:35   #19
ert

You can continue you're quest to save people money if that's what you want to call it. I would prefer however that you don't jump on people for them not giving every detail on what they did that day as a history to their question just to satisfy your never ending quest to give people a hard time about everything they post.

Sorry about the OT chat here Falcon. I'll leave it at that for now.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:28   #20
PTE. Pyle

Send a message via MSN to PTE. Pyle
sorry to inturput your arguement but do you guys have any idea where you can find a price list on http://www.newcon-optik.com/nvs7_2wa.html
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:14   #21
Bigmatty
Super Moderator

I would love to see your logic, considering there are EOTECH dealers in Canada.

GS there is no End user cert for an EOTECH, its not like a PEQ or gen 3-NVG

BUY/SELL RATING
Bigmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:18   #22
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTE. Pyle
sorry to inturput your arguement but do you guys have any idea where you can find a price list on http://www.newcon-optik.com/nvs7_2wa.html
$3,612.50

Dig in their website, their Ram Optic company.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:39   #23
Gryphon

$3600 for a Gen 2!! No wonder Falcon wants to shop out of the States.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 17:30   #24
Falcon_MB

Send a message via MSN to Falcon_MB
Quote:

I keep all my options open and consider every aspect of a purchase before committing. A smart shopper compares options. If I can spend $500USD plus shipping at our current dollar rate it comes out to under $600CAD. If I can get a $1000+ CAD scope off Ebay for under $600 give or take customs excise, don't you think that'd be a good deal?

Our dollar is so good right now it's almost stupid not to import certain expensive items. It's not like when our dollar was .60c USD.

Of course it's only a good deal if it's legal to bring in, thus the point of my question.

As for every detail necessary... the question was every detail necessary. Only question I had was about legality, not about what Canadian retailers sell for... it's pretty much irrelevant to the question honestly. Legality of importation has nothing to do with pricing. It's a CAN I do this question not a I'm GOING to do this question. But anyways don't want to argue with you Greylocks and I take your posts in stride, I'm not 12 and don't get my feelings hurt by a comment or two so nobody needs to jump to my defence when Grey gets crotchety at me lol.
Old May 19th, 2006, 18:07   #25
Ghost Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmatty
I would love to see your logic, considering there are EOTECH dealers in Canada.

GS there is no End user cert for an EOTECH, its not like a PEQ or gen 3-NVG
Yes, there are dealers here, I know. I'm not saying you cant get them at all, I'm saying you need an export license. Think of it this way. If you buy an airsoft gun in the US, can you get it shipped here? No. You need a license. Airsoft stores have these licenses so they can get them. They in turn sell them to you, just like with an Eotech. You cant (technically) get one, but you can get someone to get one for you. Make sense? Its just a way of controlling, to an extent, who gets them.
Old May 19th, 2006, 19:16   #26
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervikaire
EOTechs can be shipped from US to Canada, that's how i'm going to buy mine in a couple of weeks, from Lightfighter prolly.... (talking about higher end nv's.
Heads up people,
The Shooting Edge has pretty good deals. $450 for a 512, when you factor in customs, shipping, duties, it's probably a better deal than lightfighter or even Cheaper than Dirt.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:26   #27
Falcon_MB

Not meaning to revive a quite old and dead thread but...

To answer my own question and for the sake of the smart people that use the holy SEARCH feature...

It is legal to import night vision rifle scopes into the country. My new scope cleared customs no problems at all. All said and done I imported a Gen1 night vision rifle scope for $309.23CAD that's including shipping, customs, etc etc. I couldn't find an NVRS for cheaper anywhere else including in Canada.
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:34   #28
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
You got ripped mine cost less then 300 shipped! =p
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:31   #29
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastyman
What a ridiculous statement. That's like saying "I got my car for $1000, you paid $40,000 for yours? You got ripped!" Meanwhile he got a new Benz and you're driving a Yugo. Perhaps some comparison of specs is in order.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 14:34   #30
Falcon_MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastyman
Gryphon has a point. Mines brand new with a 4 year warranty. 3x42 NVRS, camera adaptable etc. I'm quite happy with it and couldn't find anything near that price for the quality. Post your specs Blastyman and lets compare. And how much below $300 was yours?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion