Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Venom LiPo Batteries Opinions?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 28th, 2016, 21:34   #1
Datawraith

Venom LiPo Batteries Opinions?

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anybody ever used Venom LiPos before.

I did some web searching, and found very mixed reviews on Venom batteries in general, with everyone saying to stay away from their NiMHs and varying opinions on their LiPos.

Reason I'm asking is cause I've got a local store that has Venoms at a decent price, and there's nobody that really stocks the batteries I'm looking for other than hobbyking (but their shipping kills). If anyone's interested/wondering why regular stick LiPo's won't work, I need a 11.1v LiPo brick battery that has at least 3000mAh, 30c continuous and at least 50c burst (bear in mind, my setup has a Tienly GT45k pulling a M120 spring so it eats batteries like crazy).

Thanks!
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 23:36   #2
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Hi all.

I was just wondering if anybody ever used Venom LiPos before.

I did some web searching, and found very mixed reviews on Venom batteries in general, with everyone saying to stay away from their NiMHs and varying opinions on their LiPos.

Reason I'm asking is cause I've got a local store that has Venoms at a decent price, and there's nobody that really stocks the batteries I'm looking for other than hobbyking (but their shipping kills). If anyone's interested/wondering why regular stick LiPo's won't work, I need a 11.1v LiPo brick battery that has at least 3000mAh, 30c continuous and at least 50c burst (bear in mind, my setup has a Tienly GT45k pulling a M120 spring so it eats batteries like crazy).

Thanks!
A small stick battery definitely won't work.
But you can get a 3s 3300/3700 20c and that will be PLENTY. If your setup pulls more than 66A continuously, rebuild it, it's really wrong (especially pulling only a M120).

I would not touch a Venom pack with a 10' pole. Had 8, all of them puffed within the first 5 cycles. (Yes I know how to maintain my batteries, flying drones with 700$ batteries on).

Try genstattu.com. Shipping is OK if you take the slowest option, but you really should find 2-3 guys to jump in with your order. Quality has nothing to do with Venom's or Hobbyking's LiPos.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 00:57   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

+1
If your setup draws more than 30A, you did something really wrong. Like using a GT45k with 10:1 gears.
Chances are it's not the constant draw that's destroying your batteries, it's probably the startup draw. Which if you need 150A supply to counter that, then you should be really running a polarstar instead of an AEG.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 01:35   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I have Turnigy 11.1v 1800mAH 25-50C packs instock if you're interested. If you need more than that....there's something wrong with your gun.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 15:08   #5
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
A small stick battery definitely won't work.
But you can get a 3s 3300/3700 20c and that will be PLENTY. If your setup pulls more than 66A continuously, rebuild it, it's really wrong (especially pulling only a M120).

I would not touch a Venom pack with a 10' pole. Had 8, all of them puffed within the first 5 cycles. (Yes I know how to maintain my batteries, flying drones with 700$ batteries on).

Try genstattu.com. Shipping is OK if you take the slowest option, but you really should find 2-3 guys to jump in with your order. Quality has nothing to do with Venom's or Hobbyking's LiPos.
Thanks for the help Kos-Mos. I know my batt specs are a bit overkill, but I'd rather have more power at my disposal than too little. I guess I'll grab a couple of batts from Stealth while I wait for a HBK order.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion