Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASC redirecting to Airsoft Retreat

:

General

Old April 1st, 2009, 01:44   #46
Moderate

Not impressed. Especially since there are retailers on here that have lost business for the past 4-5 hours...which could possibly mean hundreds of dollars of lost profit. The april fools thing about being owned by airsoft retreat was retarded, if that was true I'm sure there would be a mob of ASC users that would beat the owner of that website to death with his own keyboard...maybe a bit far, but he would definitely receive death threats, some bricks through his window, and maybe slashing of his tires.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:48   #47
Hk-GUY

Damn, Finaly figured how to log in. ASR and ASC sites are going nuts. So is this a joke or not?
Hk-GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:52   #48
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk-GUY View Post
Damn, Finaly figured how to log in. ASR and ASC sites are going nuts. So is this a joke or not?
Still no confirmation nor denial....
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:52   #49
Moderate

Probably won't admit it until April 2nd.
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:53   #50
arman

shit the sky IS falling...hehe

where are the mods anyway??? did they get locked out???

were like mushrooms here....kept in the dark and fed shit

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:56   #51
Hk-GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
were like mushrooms here....kept in the dark and fed shit
LOL, Priceless!!
I like that Arman
Hk-GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:04   #52
ShadowNet

I think it might just be an April Fools joke. wahhhh the suspense is killin me!
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:10   #53
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Yes it was an April Fools joke. All your passwords are safe and the way the boards work they won't accept data from domains they are not supposed to be on (which is why you were able to log on via secure). We've been planning it for a few months. It was supposed to be a round robin between 4 sites, Arnies Airsoft, NL Airsoft, Airsoft Retreat and Airsoft Canada. The admin of NL Airsoft had a death in the family and couldn't participate (our thoughts are with you Ronald). Because Arnies Airsoft is in GMT (London, UK) we started earlier, (it helped confuse people for a bit too).

I came up with the idea from the April Fools joke that XKCD, Questionable Content and Dinosaur Comics played last year. I pitched it to everyone else and they thought it was funny and epic.

The redirects were supposed to be going from Arnies to ASR to ASC, how ever some how Arnies' redirect wasn't allowing traffic to stop at his site so ASR and ASC pointed at each other.

The idea of ASR buying ASC well that was something adlibbed by someone else and I thought it was hilarious so I ran with it. I think Snicker from ASR had already gone to bed at that time.

At this point I've returned the ASC DNS entries to the proper numbers and things should be back to normal fairly soon.

I apologize to those of you that freaked out about the joke. There was no virus, no trojan, no hostile take over, your passwords and PMs are safe.

Jokes that got rejected: shutting down the site and saying that the RCMP seized the server - that's not going to happen, ever. Jarek from RedDragon Airsoft (or what ever it's called) buying ASC - I'm not sure I want to be responsible for what would happen to him. Airsoft officially banned, turn in your guns now - again not ever going to be an April Fools joke. There's others but they get less and less funny.
Have a great day everyone.

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:12   #54
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Wow a few hours without the forum and everyones dying.

PS. Id just like to mention incase noone else has that there is a server upgrade next week and ASC will be down from anywhere between 8-10 hours. What will everyone do then?

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; April 1st, 2009 at 08:17..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:15   #55
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Yesterday, I tought it was one of those new ASC make over. I did not had time to look more into it. And since I don't go to airsoft retreat, I did not know of what they looked like. It fooled me for a minute.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:07   #56
ChaosMonkey

Well I wasn't getting redirected, I was just getting Can't connect to input.. something like that.. well that was....fun...
ChaosMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:49   #57
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Lol I can't believe that people fell for the joke.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQU....I mean APRIL FOOLS.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:55   #58
Moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
PS. Id just like to mention incase noone else has that there is a server upgrade next week and ASC will be down from anywhere between 8-10 hours. What will everyone do then?
Probably just fap to 4chan
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:57   #59
HaZarD SFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
probably just fap to 4chan :d
go 4 chan
Old April 1st, 2009, 13:50   #60
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Yes it was an April Fools joke. All your passwords are safe and the way the boards work they won't accept data from domains they are not supposed to be on (which is why you were able to log on via secure). We've been planning it for a few months. It was supposed to be a round robin between 4 sites, Arnies Airsoft, NL Airsoft, Airsoft Retreat and Airsoft Canada. The admin of NL Airsoft had a death in the family and couldn't participate (our thoughts are with you Ronald). Because Arnies Airsoft is in GMT (London, UK) we started earlier, (it helped confuse people for a bit too).

I came up with the idea from the April Fools joke that XKCD, Questionable Content and Dinosaur Comics played last year. I pitched it to everyone else and they thought it was funny and epic.

The redirects were supposed to be going from Arnies to ASR to ASC, how ever some how Arnies' redirect wasn't allowing traffic to stop at his site so ASR and ASC pointed at each other.

The idea of ASR buying ASC well that was something adlibbed by someone else and I thought it was hilarious so I ran with it. I think Snicker from ASR had already gone to bed at that time.

At this point I've returned the ASC DNS entries to the proper numbers and things should be back to normal fairly soon.

I apologize to those of you that freaked out about the joke. There was no virus, no trojan, no hostile take over, your passwords and PMs are safe.

Jokes that got rejected: shutting down the site and saying that the RCMP seized the server - that's not going to happen, ever. Jarek from RedDragon Airsoft (or what ever it's called) buying ASC - I'm not sure I want to be responsible for what would happen to him. Airsoft officially banned, turn in your guns now - again not ever going to be an April Fools joke. There's others but they get less and less funny.
Have a great day everyone.

Lisa
Can I have my PM's back then please?
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General