Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dan Wesson fps lowering

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 15th, 2016, 22:48   #1
Jeffthedemelo

Dan Wesson fps lowering

Hey all I'm look at getting a relovler but ones like the dan Wesson or a g7 but both shoot between 400-499 fps or more from what I hear is there a way to lower these to 350 ish so I can game with one? Any info would be nice thank you
Jeffthedemelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 22:52   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I've seen some guys lower it below 400' by cutting the piece in the back of the handle down shorter. I don't know if that covers all models, but there may be a tutorial on YouTube.
Old October 15th, 2016, 23:19   #3
Kos-Mos

Get the low power shells. It bring the FPS down the 350 range without any modifications.
They are basically the same with a smaller hole through so less CO2 reaches the BB.

Or you can modify the spring carrier/spacer, but too much and the gun does not fire. And you need to remove a lot to lower the FPS sub-380...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:09   #4
Zeroroaster

My 8" Skeleton (Dan Wesson) now sports the spring carrier mod. It's variable between 350 and full on fps. It was a little funky to get it just right, but certainly is possible. I also kept the original spring block and spring intact so that if I ever want to revert back to stock, no problem. There is actually no modification to the chassis of the pistol. I removed a cross section from the spring block then added a screw adjust to the bottom so I can vary the fps taking into account our wildly varying temperatures here.

The mods on YouTube are good enough to get an idea of how to do it..mine is a variation of that. Our field limit here for pistols is 420 fps, and mine sits at 386fps with .2's. I run .3's as a BB weight and it works just fine.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion