Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Trijicon SRS replicas?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old February 9th, 2014, 15:26   #46
wobblypop

Sorry for the necro...

Is the Trijicon SRS for sale at airsoft depot and airsoft store the same one? Seems to be, but apparently there are a few different ones floating around.
http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...oducts_id=2330
http://www.airsoftstore.ca/index.php...roducts_id=321

Last edited by wobblypop; February 10th, 2014 at 11:06.. Reason: Forgot links
wobblypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 23:32   #47
wobblypop

Hmmm no takers eh?
Old February 11th, 2014, 00:36   #48
thebreadbandit.

The link to the Airsoft Store's SRS is dead. Might want to try and re-link, or double check if they still have the product listed because I'm not getting any results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblypop View Post
Hmmm no takers eh?

Instagram: thebreadbandit
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 00:42   #49
wobblypop

It appears that they are no longer selling it. It's not listed on their site anymore. I wonder if there were problems?
Old February 11th, 2014, 00:51   #50
Brit ter

I have airsoft depots SRS and it works great also picked up the kill flash for the SRS from there also !
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:01   #51
wobblypop

Great feedback Brit ter.
Weird how airsoft store doesn't have them listed anymore...
Well ordered the one from airsoft depot. Huang always has been trust worthy on here. Ill post my thoughts.

Last edited by wobblypop; February 11th, 2014 at 01:27..
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:22   #52
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

It's the same one as far as I can tell from the serial number on the side, but we've had some QC issues with DOA units the past few months so we've decided to pull the product for the time being.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:09   #53
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblypop View Post
Great feedback Brit ter.
Weird how airsoft store doesn't have them listed anymore...
Well ordered the one from airsoft depot. Huang always has been trust worthy on here. Ill post my thoughts.
I have been dealing with him for 7 years now , never had a problem with his stuff
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:42   #54
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
It's the same one as far as I can tell from the serial number on the side, but we've had some QC issues with DOA units the past few months so we've decided to pull the product for the time being.
Probably the only retailer that actually removes products that they don't sell and keep their site CLEAN. As opposed to other retailers that don't stock the items for several months, yet have them to make their site look like they have a wide variety of "inventory."
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:38   #55
wobblypop

Great customer service, even potential customer service by managing the website effectively.
I hope the one i ordered is top notch. I feel like I'm playing Chinese clone roulette right now.
Any kill flashes available anywhere in Canada for these monsters? I try to only purchase from Canadian retailers.

Last edited by wobblypop; February 11th, 2014 at 11:10..
Old February 20th, 2014, 01:58   #56
wobblypop

Received and mounted the sight today. Very happy with the performance so far. There was some wiggle mounting the sight on my g&p, but a little electrical tape on the bottom of the sight took care of that. Great kit
Old July 29th, 2014, 14:28   #57
Kilohotel

Hows this sight compared to a XPS2 EOtech replica ?
Kilohotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 15:52   #58
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
I own both.

SRS has a slightly wider field of view, smaller dot, and many more brightness settings. The kill flash for them is also much nicer to use as a lens protector than the EOTech kill flashes. Not as bulky and doesn't obstruct your view as much with the honeycomb pattern.

The XPS2 has a much larger dot along with the hold-over dots and crosshair. This is great for CQB as a larger reticle is easier for the eye to pick up, however some feel that "there is too much going on" in EOTech sight pictures, which is why many opt for the T-1, or in this case, the SRS.

Be advised that the solar panel on the SRS does not charge the battery, not on mine, and not on any others according to everyone I know who uses one. However, the sight uses one AA battery , not a CR123A.

Despite impressions you may get from photos, both sights are approximately the same size with the SRS being slightly longer.

The replicas are hit and miss with shock proofing. Mine held its zero, but the recoulfrom my WE SCAR caused the sight to turn off and on periodically. I have been using on an AEG for some time now without issue. The EXPS2/XPS2 holds zero and functions flawlessly on both AEG and GBBR platforms with no kinks. Both the SRS and XPS2 I tested and use currently were purchased from Airsoft Store.

It's a superior sight in my opinion because of the small MOA reticle, field of view, and battery type.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; July 29th, 2014 at 15:56..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 17:53   #59
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
I own both.

SRS has a slightly wider field of view, smaller dot, and many more brightness settings. The kill flash for them is also much nicer to use as a lens protector than the EOTech kill flashes. Not as bulky and doesn't obstruct your view as much with the honeycomb pattern.

The XPS2 has a much larger dot along with the hold-over dots and crosshair. This is great for CQB as a larger reticle is easier for the eye to pick up, however some feel that "there is too much going on" in EOTech sight pictures, which is why many opt for the T-1, or in this case, the SRS.

Be advised that the solar panel on the SRS does not charge the battery, not on mine, and not on any others according to everyone I know who uses one. However, the sight uses one AA battery , not a CR123A.

Despite impressions you may get from photos, both sights are approximately the same size with the SRS being slightly longer.

The replicas are hit and miss with shock proofing. Mine held its zero, but the recoulfrom my WE SCAR caused the sight to turn off and on periodically. I have been using on an AEG for some time now without issue. The EXPS2/XPS2 holds zero and functions flawlessly on both AEG and GBBR platforms with no kinks. Both the SRS and XPS2 I tested and use currently were purchased from Airsoft Store.

It's a superior sight in my opinion because of the small MOA reticle, field of view, and battery type.
Well put. I have the same findings.

Some airsoft EOTech replicas are plagued with excess reflection or ghosting. Clone SRS doesn't seem to have these issues.

Mounts would be the other thing - holosight replicas with thumbscrew mounts such as the Element XPS can sit oddly on off-spec rails. A buddy of mine who is currently borrowing my SRS replica noticed that the QD lever can be popped off accidentally when it hooks on his kit (he is a lefty). QD lever tensions up pretty good on most airsoft rails (e.g. King Arms Cybergun M4A1), though can be just barely loose enough to have some forward/backward play on other rails (e.g. WE M4A1).
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion