Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

For anyone thinking of getting the Toronto Airsoft Mystery Box

:

General

Old December 12th, 2013, 16:05   #1
SGL

For anyone thinking of getting the Toronto Airsoft Mystery Box

You have two less G36c to worry about.

These our are first guns for my girlfriend and I. Overall pretty happy with them. They feel pretty solid and I like the look. Think they should well do for beginners like us.

Just a couple of questions.

There was a (an extra?) spring in the box. Do I have to install this or is this to downgrade the gun for CQB? Thought I would ask before opening up the gun. I believe it is pretty simple for this gun but still wanted to ask before doing anything.

To calculate charge time for the battery we do Battery Capacity/Charger output right?. So 1100/250 = 4.4 hours? Is it better to unplug it a little later or a little earlier?

Also meant to get age verified while I was there but there was a cat terrorizing puppy out of its crate in our apartment so wanted in out quickly going to do a trip back to get verified. The staff there did ask for our ID's before giving the guns.

Also swag included was a magpul tshirt in one box and 2 small packets of madbull bbs in the other.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum it started off as post just to talk about the mystery box but my noobieness seeped out.
SGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 16:27   #2
FirestormX

My thinking is that the spring in the gun is probably shooting over 366 FPS for import, or possibly over 400 FPS.

The spring is either to bring the gun sub-350, or sub-400. My guess is that the gun is currently shooting over 400FPS, and the spring is included to bring it sub-400. But I can't find anything on the TA website about it.

The only way to really know, is to either chrono it yourself, or to call TA - I would call TA.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 23:55   #3
arman

yea dont "open" the gun by yourself at least the first time, bring it to a gun doc.

what brand are they? and i loved my TMg36c you will like the folding stock

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:55   #4
Swattiger

The extra spring is the stock one that you should change it back as soon as possible, as it will make the gun last longer. And you should get a gun doctor to do it for you if you are new to the whole thing.

Or you can just ask the gun doctor to upgrade the internal parts of the gear box to withstand the strong spring. But I doubt if this worths the money for a beginner gun.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 15:13   #5
Chotto

Send a message via MSN to Chotto
buy a good Smart charger for the battery. Don't risk killing your battery. It is well worth the investment
Chotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 16:48   #6
thebreadbandit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotto View Post
buy a good Smart charger for the battery. Don't risk killing your battery. It is well worth the investment

+1.
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 17:26   #7
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Do NOT use the chargers these things come with. They're complete garbage. Buy a smart charger, it doesn't have to be fancy, but it won't run the risk of damaging the batteries.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 15:26   #8
SGL

Thanks for all the feed back everyone. Going to take them to TA to get the downgrade for indoor combat and it looks like a smart Charger will be a good investment.
SGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 00:35   #9
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Do NOT use the chargers these things come with. They're complete garbage. Buy a smart charger, it doesn't have to be fancy, but it won't run the risk of damaging the batteries.
+2
Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General