Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Revolvers...24 Shots System

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 28th, 2016, 00:04   #1
mikebarkski

Revolvers...24 Shots System

Is tokyo Marui the only brand that makes a revolver that holds more than 6 BBs? How does their 24 Shots System work? are there just shells that hold 4 instead of one?

I want a revolver for a pants piece that looks badass...but if i can get one that shoots 24 BBs b4 taking a reload, then i would definately pay an extra $100 for one that holds 24 instead of six....i have never even seen/held an airsoft revolver......anything i should know?
mikebarkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 00:27   #2
mikebarkski

i just watched a video saying that most TM prducts (specifically their revolvers) are not metal...at alll? is this normal for TM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-oFbVUDAI
Old June 28th, 2016, 06:20   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Some KWC revolvers also have the 24 shots system. Look at the full plastic Colt Pythons. The newer full metal Pythons may also have this system.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 13:30   #4
Zeroroaster

Yep, the Wesson revolvers are nice and solid. True about the six shots...you really have to count shots and time your assaults or you could run out of shots really fast.

The thing to watch with the Wessons is high fps. Even the 4" is over most field limits. You can modify the revolver to shoot lower but it requires a little machining. My 8" Skeleton (actually a Wesson/ WinGun/ whatever) is shooting at 385. It used to be 490. Now that it's tuned down I easily get over 150 shots on a CO2 cartridge and just make sure I carry a bunch of extra shells preloaded and ready to go. I play primarily outdoors so have no idea how this revolver would do in a CQB scenario, but outside it's fine and the long barrel gives it some range and accuracy.

I don't carry a second revolver (good idea though!) but I do pack an M1911A sometimes as a second. hehehe We also operate as a 3-man sniper team so the one who has the long gun is protected by the two that don't. Usually one AEG and a DMR. Then we switch out being the spotter/ shooter/ whatever to best suit the game on any given day. So, even though I've got the revolver (and the 1911), there's also a 226 and a tactical 1911 not far away.

Last edited by Zeroroaster; June 29th, 2016 at 13:36..
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 13:47   #5
augherk

No mention of tanaka in here...they are harder to find in Canada but probably the most gameable alongside the tm models. Mostly polymer but VERY high quality. The cylinder allows you to put a round in each chamber from the front, and features a hidden magazine that refills the chambers as they rotate. the cylinder also holds the gas reservoir, allowing you to use real steel grips. plus you can use green gas, with no adverse effects, making it one of the most skirmishable revolvers out there. They are also 1:1 replicas, as opposed to the dan wessons or KWC pythons which have a "hunchback." Lots of different models too, from m29's to m500's, and a very nice Colt SAA
augherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 13:49   #6
augherk

also yes, most TM/japanese guns are not metal. This is starting to change with some of tm's recent rifles (their 870's and 416's from what i gather) but none of their pistols outside of the mid hi-capa frame have major metal components.
augherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:39   #7
mikebarkski

idk why but when people first told me TM was mostly plastic, polymer wasnt what came to mind....polymer is great...and makes me think that full metal should not be a selling point necessarily...
with my revolver, having a 1:1 scale is a big selling point
FYI since i just play tag with my homies on private property and not at arenas or these fields that so many members refer to, we dont play with fps limits or anything other than eye protection really so i am not to concerned about having to mod the revolver to be "arena-legal" or to lower the FPS...i care more about it having good range...
i will be looking into the kwc 24 rounders (i have gotten pretty familar with KWC's corner cutting tactics, not claiming to be a tech or a doc, but iv done some kwc gbb repairs)...does anyone know if the 24round shooters make for a worse shot then the regular 6 shooters?
Old June 30th, 2016, 06:16   #8
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Polymer is plastic. Its just marketing double talk to make you think their plastic is good quality or somehow better than the competition's plastic. You'll only know if its good quality plastic once its in your hands or when it breaks.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 14:08   #9
Zeroroaster

How well it shoots is more dependant on gas feed and firing path than on magazine capacity. If the barrel is good, the gas valve consistent, and everything adjusted properly there shouldn't be any difference between a 6 and a 24 shot other than reloading. The 8" barrel Wessons will be more accurate and hit harder solely on the basis of more inner barrel. Then again a pistol with a hop like a 1911 will totally outperform a revolver with the same length barrel.

That said, the gas efficiency of the revolver is stellar and the mechanism is so simple it's hassle free. No broken nozzles, rocket valves, or anything...load, and shoot.
Old June 30th, 2016, 22:11   #10
mikebarkski

if the performance were the same regardless of barrel length i would get the 2.5 incher w/o question....do most revolvers not have good hop ups or something?
if the maintenance is pretty low for revolvers than i will look for a cheap gas powered 24 shot 2.5 incher, unless im strongly advised not to..

although when i shop around it just seems that $200 can get you a reliable aeg rifle that wont give too many problems, but if you want that reliability from a gbb pistol (not a revolver tho) your spending 300 (maybe 250 on sale). but if your not using the revolver as a primary (obviously) or even as your main pistol then it will be more likely to be babied by me and will last long time.

however, i heard from Ricochet "It [barrel length] can have an effect. Really you want a good hop-up and high quality barrel. Once the BB stabilizes in the barrel, extra barrel doesn't help you."
but that means i wanna find a 2.5 incher with good hop up and quality barrel...hmmm?

Last edited by mikebarkski; June 30th, 2016 at 22:27..
Old July 2nd, 2016, 01:44   #11
Zeroroaster

I don't know if there is a revolver with hop up...haven't seen one yet. Some people have made a fixed hop up, and I think the new 715 Wesson has one, but certainly not a mainstream thing. As for maintenance, every pistol needs maintenance. The revolvers aren't as finicky as the GBB's, but they still need to be kept clean and lubed to work properly when you need them to. Because CO2 loves drying out seals and rings, periodic lube with silicone oil will keep them from cracking from the drying and also the freezing effect of the CO2.

The barrel length will make a huge difference in the accuracy of the pistol because of the lack of hop up. The longer barrels are way more accurate. Although the 8" barrel is cumbersome to handle, it's outdoor accuracy is terrific. Then again, a solid GBB with a good hop up will shoot as far. Depends what you like...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion