Ugh Kraken Battery Problems?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 23rd, 2008, 17:00   #16
KNIVEZS

www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 17:01   #17
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
Awesome! Thanks guys. Remind me to never trust the kraken instruction booklet again.

<3

Although, I wish that I would have known all this stuff before I bought the gun :P

I'll grab a new battery, and worry about all the other stuff another time I guess.

Last edited by Love; November 23rd, 2008 at 17:15..
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 17:29   #18
Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You could have borked the battery by charging it for that long...
Don’t mess with his head like that… The Kraken battery supplied is a POS from the start and I had a similar experience to yours with it. I have an intelligent charger (which is a great investment if you want long battery life BTW) which indicates the mAh charged. The Kraken battery couldn’t hold half the charge it was labeled as and any of my other airsoft batteries (mini’s are ok) run the Kraken fine. Replace it as suggested earlier.

also... if I were you I would recharge the battery enough to cycle a few shots in semi-auto to allow your spring to decompress. Then don’t play with it until you have a decent battery.

"Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant." Henry Miller

Guardian’s airsoft projects @ http://www3.sympatico.ca/aftershock/

Last edited by Guardian; November 23rd, 2008 at 17:34..
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 17:32   #19
Crunchmeister

Yeah. You probably killed the battery by continually overcharging it. Those wall-wart chargers that come with cheap guns are shit. It's best to toss those in the garbage as soon as you get them, and invest in a smart charger that will shut down once the battery is full. And doing that to a shit battery like the one that comes with the Kraken kills it even faster.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 17:49   #20
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
Don’t mess with his head like that… The Kraken battery supplied is a POS from the start and I had a similar experience to yours with it. I have an intelligent charger (which is a great investment if you want long battery life BTW) which indicates the mAh charged. The Kraken battery couldn’t hold half the charge it was labeled as and any of my other airsoft batteries (mini’s are ok) run the Kraken fine. Replace it as suggested earlier.

also... if I were you I would recharge the battery enough to cycle a few shots in semi-auto to allow your spring to decompress. Then don’t play with it until you have a decent battery.
Didn't say it WASN'T shitty. Of course it probably is. Just another thing that could add to the shittiness of the battery.

EDIT: I'm apparently an echo of what Crunch said, pretty much

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 18:01   #21
Guardian

Syrak - I just meant there is no need to blame the new guy for flucking up the battery on his first gun. Have a heart man... It was already flucked.

"Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant." Henry Miller

Guardian’s airsoft projects @ http://www3.sympatico.ca/aftershock/
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 18:38   #22
Love
formerly Lythinca

Thanks Guardian. (Hey Guardian, I'm actually going to play with you guys sometime and try out for 1rpc.).

Also guardian: The battery wasnt fully dead when I took it out of the gun. I ended up, putting it back in and shot a few times to decompress. But, after its "charged", I'll do it again.

I dont want the troubles of a Ni-CD battery, due to the memory problem. I saw a nice 1050 mah 8.4V Ni-MH battery for like $35 from the place where I got this gun. I'll pick it up, if I dont find a cheaper one online.

(Also, On 1rpc's website I told you guys what happened and told you guys that Im out of comission until I get a new battery. Which is true.)

I'm albit pissed, due to I spent like $180 on this gun, just to find out the battery is crap but whatever. Heck, my freinds TF16 has a better battery than this. (Although the build quality of the gun is lesser than mine, by far.)

All I have to play now is my EBB Walther P99. Ugh.

Last edited by Love; November 23rd, 2008 at 18:41..
Old November 23rd, 2008, 18:52   #23
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythinca View Post
Thanks Guardian.

All I have to play now is my EBB Walther P99. Ugh.
you might as well throw bbs at people. you wont run out of batteries
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:04   #24
Love
formerly Lythinca

Haha yea. :P

I really hope a new battery solves this problem. If it doesnt, I'll be pissed.

Right now, I'm currently charging the battery just for under 5 hours. To see if maybe its somehow "fixed".

A new battery isnt much, but still. I want this gun to last.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:05   #25
Sully
formerly chippy_125

Send a message via MSN to Sully
Quote:
I could just buy a 8.4V Ni-MH 1050mah battery with small connectors. (I'd still have to use this charger though. I dont have the cash to get a better one.)
Ok, I'm gonna say this as either no one saw it or ignored it. If you are going to switch to a Ni-MH battery I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using the stock charger which is designed for a NiCad battery. I have personally seen some not good things come of that.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:06   #26
Love
formerly Lythinca

Thanks for the heads up chippy. I never knew that a Ni-CD charger wont work "correctly" with a Ni-MH.

I dont have alot of cash to spend on a Ni-MH charger, are there any cheap ones that you can recommend me?

Edit: Ugh, I learned that this years gonna be a tight christmas at my house. Not alot of money to be spent.

Last edited by Love; November 23rd, 2008 at 19:17..
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:24   #27
L473ncy

Hey have you taken a look at the "So you bought a Kraken..." thread?

Theres some good stuff in there, things like reshimming, rewiring, throwing out the stock battery, NEVER MOUNTING RAILS ON IT, etc.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:39   #28
Love
formerly Lythinca

Yep, I have.

Also, looks like I'm going to have to get a Ni-MH battery. They dont sell any Ni-CDs at the store where I got my gun, and I cant buy off the internet.

EDIT: Okay guys. I MAY be able to get a battery off of the net. The thing is, I CANNOT afford a new charger. My families tight for cash as it is. If I pick up those 2 batteries on ebay, and then buy a large to small adapter, could I hook that adapter up to the stock charger and charge the battery that way? Or is it better for me to just buy a battery with a small connector, due to me not being able to afford a new charger?

(Basically, could I use the big to small connector, attach it onto the kraken stock charger and charge the new batteries? Or is it unsafe to use that big to small adapter on a charger?)

Last edited by Love; November 23rd, 2008 at 19:59..
Old November 23rd, 2008, 20:08   #29
Amos

Quote:
Yep, I have.

Also, looks like I'm going to have to get a Ni-MH battery. They dont sell any Ni-CDs at the store where I got my gun, and I cant buy off the internet.

EDIT: Okay guys. I MAY be able to get a battery off of the net. The thing is, I CANNOT afford a new charger. My families tight for cash as it is. If I pick up those 2 batteries on ebay, and then buy a large to small adapter, could I hook that adapter up to the stock charger and charge the battery that way? Or is it better for me to just buy a battery with a small connector, due to me not being able to afford a new charger?

(Basically, could I use the big to small connector, attach it onto the kraken stock charger and charge the new batteries? Or is it unsafe to use that big to small adapter on a charger?)
Your problem STEMS from your charger.

You can get a smart charger for 20 dollars...

If you can't shell out 20 bucks for a charger.. You should not be playing airsoft.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 20:12   #30
Love
formerly Lythinca

I presumed that since a universal charger was like $35, that a good charger would be alot more. My family just put out like $15,000 on house renovations. Stupid idea.

So, I'm going to have to purchase a new battery and new charger? Is the charger that came with the gun, just utter crap?

EDIT: Yea, I can afford a charger, those 2 batteries, and the adapter.
I'll check the ebay link to see if that store has chargers. I hope they accept creditcard, I'm not paying with paypal. I dislike paypal with a passion.

Last edited by Love; November 23rd, 2008 at 20:19..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion