Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Another black mark for airsoft. This time on Edmonton Transit.

:

General

Old January 24th, 2007, 10:58   #16
Mud Gunner

Send a message via MSN to Mud Gunner Send a message via Yahoo to Mud Gunner
As being part of the local club exec here if I ever get names those are two people who won't be joining the club in Edmonton...
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:37   #17
SnakeDoctor

Send a message via AIM to SnakeDoctor Send a message via MSN to SnakeDoctor Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeDoctor
I say contact the local police there. Say something like, we would like to keep those people out of the Airsoft group here in Edmonton, would you be able to supply the names of those two people?

This probably won't work, but you could give it a try..

"In 10-15 years, one of the worlds problems will be gone."- Yogi Satyam

I'm worth $1,788,050 on HumanForSale.com

Force 32 Team Forum
SnakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:40   #18
thephenom

2 less retarded kids on the street, at least now they can't shoot around on the streets.

Unless the M4 barrel was sticking out, the security guard is pretty good spotting guns in a duffle bag.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:47   #19
SnakeDoctor

Send a message via AIM to SnakeDoctor Send a message via MSN to SnakeDoctor Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeDoctor
Yah thats true. Nice work done by the guard.

"In 10-15 years, one of the worlds problems will be gone."- Yogi Satyam

I'm worth $1,788,050 on HumanForSale.com

Force 32 Team Forum
SnakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:17   #20
Mud Gunner

The two stupid asses likely had the damn bag open and oogling them inside and the guard likely happened to have leaned over and seen them or overheard them talking.

Guard deserves a pat on the back for being so diligent.
Old January 24th, 2007, 13:59   #21
tunabreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolphsnyper View Post
More applicable charges is a good thing...the more people are charged, the more people think twice about showing off their replica in the public park.

I think better control is in order.
+1
Also, the more parents would think twice about giving their kid a replica.

Last edited by tunabreath; January 24th, 2007 at 21:39.. Reason: spelling
tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 16:38   #22
Jayhad

I'd like to see the parents charged AS WELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 17:06   #23
Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I'd like to see the parents charged AS WELL
For what exactly? Is there more to this story or is that link all there is? Doesn’t really describe what these clowns did to allow the security guard to notice they had the offending items in the first place, nor what the police are accusing them of to charge them with “possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.” This is a contrast to the case last week in Durham where some goofs were playing openly between houses and were not charged.

"Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant." Henry Miller

Guardian’s airsoft projects @ http://www3.sympatico.ca/aftershock/
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 17:18   #24
BC_K
Banned

Damn it!!!! Why couldn't it have happened on Transit out here!!!!

They'd have learned a .40 S&W lesson.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 17:52   #25
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
For what exactly? Is there more to this story or is that link all there is? Doesn’t really describe what these clowns did to allow the security guard to notice they had the offending items in the first place, nor what the police are accusing them of to charge them with “possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.” This is a contrast to the case last week in Durham where some goofs were playing openly between houses and were not charged.

They likely asked them where they were going.... If the answer was "to school" the charges are appropriate...

It is in our best interests as a community to see such cases end up with convictions.

This would illustrate that existing laws are an effective deterrent and an outright ban is not needed.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 18:03   #26
Mud Gunner

Sad part is that we like to play politics too and hope to see convictions, so do the police and if the don't charge and convict, banning looks a lot more feasible. Another thought on that set of tracks in the time it takes to prosecute and police time, banning them would be the way to go. In the end we as the "legitimate end user" of the product would have to show than banning them would cost more in the end...
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:54   #27
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Do we know who they are - perhaps if they have users here?
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:35   #28
Jayhad

Quote:
I don't know for what exactly I'm not a cop, but if these clowns were in fact minors then from my understanding their parents are responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 18:41   #29
Greylocks

Quote:
Supplying a Replica gun to a minor, for one.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 21:07   #30
fasterbassdrums

Send a message via MSN to fasterbassdrums
the guns pictured in the newspaper were cheapo plastic springers, you can buy them at san fransisco in londonderry mall in edmonton, the pistol for $25 and the M-4 for $60 i bought one (m-4) for shits and giggles so my little brother would stop bugging me to shoot my systema ( this shooting goes down in my indoor basemant range under close supervision, so no worries about that one, and no i didnt buy it for him i bought it for me and it stays locked in the case with my systema)

anyways point being the guns that the retards had on the bus were cheapo springers that are readily available at san fransisco cost $60 and they dont ask you for id to purchase, what caught my attention when i was in san fransisco was that a kid no older than 15 bought one and walked out of the store with it, and he wasnt asked for id nor did he have a parent present. so i bought mine for shits and giggles and upon taking it home it was very convincingly realistic (came with vertical grip, laser, and tactical flashlight, and sling) it had weights in the butt and pistol grip as wel as weights in the foregrip and mag and a metal barrel, shoots at roughly 150-200 fps judging by the pain from getting shot in the leg with it.

so i think its not the kids parents fault, its san fransisco's fault for not requiring ID to purchase the damn things, and then on top of that the stupid kids must have been oggling the things on the bus after they bought it, causing attention to be drawn to them ( that why we have an 18+ age restriction) ( should be 21+ as i know plenty of retarded 18 year olds that shouldnt be within a mile of airsoft)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General