Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA Hicap Magazine Misfeed

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 6th, 2007, 20:54   #1
deltaop1

Question CA Hicap Magazine Misfeed

When I purchased my CA M15A4 Carbine it came stock with a CA hicap 300 round magazine. This magazine seems to misfeed BBs when I use it (i.e. the BBs don't seem to be entering the AEG). I tried my CA M15A4 with a CA lowcap magazine and that works well, it's just the hicap mag that I an having problems with.

I did lube the hicap mag's BB channel with a bit of silicone oil and I made sure that once I loaded BBs into the hicap mag that I used the mag's bottom wheel to make sure the BBs stacked up to the top of the feed channel. I'm not sure what else I should/can try so I thought I would seek opinions here please.

I also notice that BBs sit on top of a spring in the lowcap mags. I don't see the same thing in the hicap mag unless the spring is buried inside the mag. I guess my point here is what pushes the BBs up the channel and into the AEG in a hicap mag?

If you have any suggestions or experience with this problem please post. Many thanks all.
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 22:34   #2
Guardian

maybe you are not aware but... You have to wind the wheel on the bottom of the high cap mag every so often.

"Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant." Henry Miller

Guardian’s airsoft projects @ http://www3.sympatico.ca/aftershock/
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 22:54   #3
deltaop1

Thanks for your reply Guardian!

In terms of winding up the BBs so they move up the hicap mags BB channel I did do that. I can see the first BB is sitting just below the opening that feeds into the rifle. I will try winding up the BBs even more just in case I didn't apply enough force.

I should also mention that the problem occurs right from the start of the insertion of the magazine. It's not that I fired off 30 shots before I ran into this problem.

Thanks once again for all the help, I will retry it.
Old January 6th, 2007, 23:02   #4
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Are you only winding it until the BBs come to the top? If so, you've got to wind it a LOT more, so the spring will actually have some tension in it allowing the hicap to feed the rest of the BBs. Wind until the clicking sound changes.
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:15   #5
deltaop1

Thank you Harleyb!

I didn't realize you needed to wind it to build up spring tension so up to now all I was doing was winding it up to the point where the BB flowed to the top of the channel. In hindsight I should have realized that perhaps I should crank it more

Thank you for enlightening me on that fact, the manual didn't really point this out. I will retry my hicap in this manner.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner