Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CF new boots? Brown coloured?

:

Canadian

Old December 18th, 2011, 18:53   #31
Rush
formerly Medix

Anyone know when we can expect to see these being issued out, or have they yet to begin production? I know being in a reserve medical unit I expect to see them, along with the new uniforms, dead last but it wouldn't be bad to know.
Old December 18th, 2011, 19:03   #32
Tom Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Chief of the Army released a CANLANDGEN covering this (and a lot more like new goggle, helmets, Carl.G's, pvs14 purchases etc) two weeks ago. Check out army online on DIN for the whole msg.
Can you PM a link or email me the PDF?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 20:10   #33
-Skeletor-
Tom, the link would be a DWAN link, so unless you have access to the Mil Intranet, you can't see it and I don't believe theres any .pdf files of CANLANDGENs. Might have to wait till someone goes back to work to copy and paste the CANLANDGEN here, I'm not back to work till 10 Jan, and I would assume the rest of the Reg Force pers here would have similar leave blocks.

Medix, the release time I saw was June or July 2012. Priority for issue is units deploying, then Regular Force Infantry units, other combat arms units, schools, Combat Support/CSS units, etc

Last edited by -Skeletor-; December 18th, 2011 at 20:13..
Old December 18th, 2011, 20:24   #34
Tom Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Tom, the link would be a DWAN link, so unless you have access to the Mil Intranet, you can't see it and I don't believe theres any .pdf files of CANLANDGENs. Might have to wait till someone goes back to work to copy and paste the CANLANDGEN here, I'm not back to work till 10 Jan, and I would assume the rest of the Reg Force pers here would have similar leave blocks.

Medix, the release time I saw was June or July 2012. Priority for issue is units deploying, then Regular Force Infantry units, other combat arms units, schools, Combat Support/CSS units, etc
I'll have to check the bulletin board where all the CANLANDGENs are posted at the Armoury in the new year then.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 20:31   #35
Rush
formerly Medix

Thanks -Skeletor-
Perhaps being attach posted to a armoured unit next fall might land me a pair earlier but Im in no hurry. Id miss my non issued ones too much haha
Old December 18th, 2011, 20:55   #36
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Wait we're getting new uniforms? I know the airforce techs are getting cadpat coveralls.

Would be nice to get an actual bdu
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 21:04   #37
Rush
formerly Medix

Basically were going to the same style as the americans but in cadpat
Velcro, padding in pants, pen pockets on arm, etc.
Old December 18th, 2011, 21:44   #38
-Skeletor-
Medix, going to a Reserve Armour unit? Maybe you'll get it sooner then the Field Amb, but probably going to be a little while till you get it as I would assume the majority of the new ICU would go to the Reg Force Army first.

takagari,
http://soldiersystems.net/2011/07/08...ombat-uniform/
Old December 18th, 2011, 22:07   #39
FoxhoundNB

News flash: Black boots look brown, tan, whatever colour the environment is after wearing them in said environment for 30 minutes. My boots have NEVER given my position away. Between mud, dust, and general rough treatment, my boots were always better cam'd to my environment than my cadpat ever is.

It's another colossal waste of money in the CF; it's what we do best. They're solving a problem that doesn't exist, and ignoring the ones that DO need to get fixed. For any taxpayers out there, I've been issued at least 1600$ worth of boots, and I only wear 2 pairs, and they're the cheapest of the set, at ~200$ a pair. I have 800$ of boots I have to "have" despite them not coming in my size, 2 pairs of 200$ boots fell apart in 2 weeks and I was forced to buy my own for a deployment... And at least 75% of the people I know wear 0$/1000$+ of the boots the've been issued.

The CF are totally retarded when it comes to foot wear.

EDIT: as an aside, I've seen the new boots, they're fugly as sin. We've been trialing them for a couple of years now. They're "alright" for comfort but nowhere near as good as anything else we can buy.

Last edited by FoxhoundNB; December 18th, 2011 at 22:12..
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 22:49   #40
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
sounds about right for the way we buy boots
hell the ones we have now are supposed to be able to be retreaded. Talk about saving money in wrong places.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 22:58   #41
-Skeletor-
Foxhound, you have to have the boots? Unit strict on that?

I turned in all the CF issue footwear I had minus my ankle boots and mukluks last year, no problem.
Old December 18th, 2011, 23:06   #42
Rush
formerly Medix

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Medix, going to a Reserve Armour unit? Maybe you'll get it sooner then the Field Amb, but probably going to be a little while till you get it as I would assume the majority of the new ICU would go to the Reg Force Army first.
Attach posting to an armoured unit while I go back to school. As for the Reg Force getting it first, I sure hope they do. Wouldn't make much sense for us to get it before people doing the job full time. Then again, all the Reg Force Medics I know are still rocking the old rucks and almost all the reserve combat trades have had them for awhile.

ICU, who the hell picked that as the name?? *sigh

Last edited by Rush; December 18th, 2011 at 23:15..
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 23:08   #43
FoxhoundNB

I don't have the boots yet, but one Coy of pers (who are now going on tour with them) and a couple scattered platoons have been issued different versions of brown boots. They're mostly like the GPs with a couple of differences.

Seeing as most of the Bn is getting ready to leave for Afghanistan, dress is all over the place with different coloured boots, shirts, rigs, head dress.... You can get away with anything now.

But the Base CO has said in writing that once issued Brown boots, you'll only wear what you've been issued. Which, for anyone who isn't familiar with the way things actually work, will be an end to the "doesn't matter as long as it's black" policy we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medix View Post
Then again, all the Reg Force Medics I know are still rocking the old rucks and almost all the reserve combat trades have had them for awhile. :?
That's because they're not a field unit. Most (if not all?) RegF field units have the new rucks, and any pers who'll operate with the field units will get the "field kit" including new rucks, FPVs, etc. That's how it's worked in my experience anyway.

New ruck's just a glorified duffle bag anyway.

Last edited by FoxhoundNB; December 18th, 2011 at 23:11..
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 23:13   #44
Rush
formerly Medix

Eh, Im not complaining, don't mind the old ruck at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
News flash: Black boots look brown, tan, whatever colour the environment is after wearing them in said environment for 30 minutes. My boots have NEVER given my position away. Between mud, dust, and general rough treatment, my boots were always better cam'd to my environment than my cadpat ever is.
You've got a point, I can see quite a few things that need to be changed before our boots

Last edited by Rush; December 18th, 2011 at 23:19..
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian