Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian loadout *56K beware*

:

Canadian

Old December 27th, 2005, 01:35   #76
Wiersema

Send a message via MSN to Wiersema
We in the forces call those Cadpat gloves "48 hour gloves" because they're so crappy, they only last 48 hours. And the Cadpat bivvy bags are quite a hot item i must say. But the cadpat fleece jackets are indeed the top of the kit that i can name off the top of my head.
Wiersema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 05:43   #77
Whozat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144
I have a CADPAT bivy bag.
Me two. Sweet piece of kit.
Old December 27th, 2005, 07:51   #78
KC

Send a message via MSN to KC
our entire regiments got the cadpat gloves too...i got mine issued on course. don't think they're THAT crappy...the cadpat pattern does start to fade off after awhile though. seen the cadpat bivy bag on course before but don't own one.they're nice though. anyone have an idea what the balistic goggles look like? those are the next things comming down in our unit
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:29   #79
Greykin

They look like this I think:

I've never gotten mine, over a year and I never got mine =/, I actually had to bring in my own goggles for those dusty helicopter trips.

Also note that these things are in no way can stop fast speed flying projectiles =P, mainly used for sun, dust, and wind, hence the name of the goggles. I heard however that there is actually a ballistic lens replacement in some. I haven't seen any yet though.. so those are probably the ones you have coming in.
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:31   #80
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144
I have a CADPAT bivy bag. They're not that hard to find.
Where did you find yours? Issued? I still have an issued OD one. It works just as well as any for it's intended purpose.
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 13:03   #81
Greykin

I never thought it was that hot of an item, I feel priviledged now lol.

(500 posts =D)
Old December 27th, 2005, 14:56   #82
BawBag

Hey, MikeL: Sorry about thinking you were retired. Please don't hurt me :mrgreen:

Anyways, my digi cam is the one that retired early. So I was stuck using my high speed webcam. Mind the shitty pics.

Theres the Gortex gloves, a feild dressing, winter weight canteen(So when you go to take a drink of water it's not frozen in your summer canteen, its frozen in the winter one :? ) Polypro Balaclava/neck warmer (yummy peices of kit), The OLD gloves good for nothing, the NEW CADPAT gloves that 'no reservist' can have(Ie me?)Just kidding. Last but not least the really nice ballistic glasses. Comes with clear lense but I bet EVERY single person switched it to the tinted one right away.
Any questions/comments go ahead.
I'll try to get better pics and replace them. but if you were a civi and trying to find what soldiers really have, now you know! *edit* Or cadet?? :-x
LOL enough mistakes on my end. Thanks MikeL, I'm on crack today. But I coulda sworn it's a winter canteen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 9.jpg (263.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 10.jpg (243.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 11.jpg (270.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 12.jpg (253.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 14.jpg (250.6 KB, 45 views)
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 16:08   #83
BawBag

Hahah.. Dunno what I was thinking. Just cleaning the house today and trying to post pics so my brain isn't all here with them cleaning fumes.
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:37   #84
KC

Send a message via MSN to KC
ever used the neck warmer in an actual tactical situation yet? does it beat the combat scarf?
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:50   #85
Greykin

Neckwarmer? I'm confused, there is the balaclava, and then there is the gator. As far as I'm concerned people love it. Generally people wear the gator overtop of the balaclava. Seems like the only problem is that little icsicles(sp?) form over the netting part overtime lol. It's quite amusing to see.
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:07   #86
Point_Man

Neckwarmmer and Gator are essentially the same thing.
Old December 28th, 2005, 13:12   #87
-Skeletor-
KC, IMO scarfs suck. Neck Gator/Warmer is a lot better, an not bulky like a scarf.
Old December 28th, 2005, 13:24   #88
Point_Man

The old school combat scarf is more like a combat blanket. I find it almost to large to be a useful scarf. It's pretty good if you plan on wrapping your head up though. But yeah....any more Canadian or Canadian-esque kit pics coming?
Old December 28th, 2005, 19:50   #89
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
McTaz GI stuff is American issue, ie USGI.

Anyways, its kinda annoying when civvies get all the brand new kit(most likely stolen property) off ebay or whatever an a lot of people in the military don't even have that stuff issued yet.
MikeL i hope that you use this word for other civvies that have-use marpat or other military forbidden items....

McTaz
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 17:59   #90
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
McTaz, I don't know what is considered illegal for civilians to own concerning US Military kit. Only time I say things concerning US kit is when I see people wearing insignia they did not earn(Reenacting I don't say much about aslong as they know what they are talking about, an respect everything. If the person has no idea what the f*ck they are talking about, or goes overboard on giving themselves medals, etc I will say something about it. Oh, an posers are another thing I don't like.

I do know what is illegal for civilians to own concerning Canadian Kit(especialyl since most is stolen property) an I will say what I think about civvies owning it. Don't get offended by it though. I'm not trying to attack you or anything.

Don't take it personally; its just the internet/a forum an I say this kind of stuff to everyone.
Hi MikeL,
for me is good understand that you don't want attack me.

i don't speak well english and is difficult for me understand why if canadian user post photo of cadpat items is all ok and if i post photo is problem......

after said this i want remember to all user that buy marpat for civilians is forbidden (only USMC force can have GI items in this pattern)

McTaz
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian