Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

anderson order

:

General

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2008, 00:39   #106
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
So your saying that Manitoba Airsoft Association forum is a Private forum for locals only.? Did I waste my time signing up.

Sections of the MAA site are for age verified members only. If you have been verified on ASC, there is a process to transfer that verification to our site. PM the user Ducky to inquire about this.

Last edited by Zekk05; August 1st, 2008 at 00:56..
Old August 1st, 2008, 00:44   #107
Gryphon

Okay, I need to make it perfectly clear that I did not lose my money directly to Mark Anderson. He was supposed to import a custom gun for me from a private seller, which was subsequently seized by customs. I paid the SELLER the $1,000, though I attribute the loss of the gun to Mark and his broker. He represented himself as being capable of importing this item without issue and that turned out not to be the case.

I'm also not unreasonable enough to think that Mark Anderson owes me a thousand dollars, which some people seem to think I do. I'm not that naive. However I lost a significant amount of money AND my gun and have had no satisfaction from A&A on the issue, just the same brush off that everyone else seems to be getting. All I want right now is some closure.

Regarding it not being proper to repost here, I am trying to respect the privacy of the MAA site by not copy and pasting these sections here. I hope you can all appreciate and respect that.

Last edited by Gryphon; August 1st, 2008 at 00:46..
Old August 1st, 2008, 00:52   #108
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
I'm not going to strictly "call" bullshit on those who say that retailers hardly make any profit on their imports but I am going to give it a strong firm nudge of BS.

Speaking from a little personal experience here, there is tons of money to be had. You just have to go about it the right way. Those 300% markups were mostly PROFIT I'd say. Things are real easy if you don't have to worry about getting slapped by the bitch that is the CBSA. Brokerage and these other "fees" he gets charged....like where are they coming from?? He got the guns himself. I'm sure he wasn't numbskulled enough to use something like UPS so these random fees sound quite ficticious. No order I've ever done, no matter how big, was ever charged these mysterious "misc. costs and fees." As far as I know, IF you get slapped by the CBSA, it's one lump sum of bullshit charges and taxes that are soley based on the invoice you include....which is not hard to BS. Now he has a licence so I can't imagine this making things HARDER with the CBSA than the average guy like me.

I have had a few dealings with A&A, all were pretty smooth....but now that this has come to my attention, there was some hint at fishyness. For one, I had an order that consisted of a few boxes of mags among other things. The mags came in boxes of two. All was well except for the fact that one box had been opened and purposley had a mag removed. This would not go unnoticed so it was purposely put in my order that way. When I inquired about, I was promised the mag. I never got it. Only works out to a $12.50 value though so I let it go.

On another order I placed just after the prices skyrocketed on average $100 an AEG. I inquired as to if I could have the "old pricing" on the item. I got it right away....so much for slim to nil profit eh? Was nice of him and I feel sorta like a dick saying this but it just goes to show you the "legitimacy" of prices.

Pre-orders are shit I have to agree. Never go for one if it's just some guy making a flashy promise.

But this instance is inexcusable. When you are a "retailer" it's all on you. You have an obligation (which is likely legal as well, but I'm no expert) to either fulfill the wishes of your customers in exchange for funds or fully refund that money. It doesn't matter what it takes, that's the commitment you make as a retailer. You should also be responsible enough as a retailer to not fuck yourself by making a large promise without being able to deliver. The whole point is to minimize promises and gambling at the point money is exchanged, no?

If any of what has been said in this thread is true, hell, even I'm pissed. It's just a SHITTY thing to do.

Has anyone who has been really fucked actually met Mark face-to-face recently or tried to do so?

Last edited by Rumpel Felt; August 1st, 2008 at 00:59..
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:01   #109
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
There's probably going to be implied bias here, but let's look at facts.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Faq#q29

Quote:
What kinds of guarantee are offered?
Unless airsoft is illegal in your country, we offer a MONEY-BACK guarantee that you will receive your order and that customs does not seize it. If a seizure does occur, we give you your money back or ship a replacement!
http://www.wgcshop.com/shop_inquiry/...y_shipping.htm

Quote:
4. Will you ship products to me if airsoft guns are illegal in my country?
We can still ship the items to you, but we will not guarantee delivery and shall not be held responsible for any customs seizures/ confiscation. In the event of customs seizure, no refunds will be available.
http://www.uncompany.com/pagepaymentandterms.asp

Quote:
UNCompany does not take responsibilty for the delay or Lost goods by shippers or any customs seizures/confiscation. If this happen, please advise UNCompany.com via email, we wil try to contact the shipper or the custom to solve out the issue. Again, YOU MUST MAKE A CLAIM WITH EXPRESS SHIPPERS.
None of them take responsibility for seized guns. Just my $0.02
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:12   #110
Rainer

I never saw a disclaimer like that on A&A airsoft site, nor was I ever told about any disclaimer.
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:14   #111
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

actually Mark was quite... addiment that his orders wouldnt get seized....
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:26   #112
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
I never saw a disclaimer like that on A&A airsoft site, nor was I ever told about any disclaimer.
Mark orders from Redwolf/ WGC. It's simple to figure out.
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:16   #113
Torque

i didnt make my order though red wolf or wgc, i made my order though A&A, why should i know their policies? my order was listed on A&A's website so i didnt know he delt with them. he said he could do it legal so why should i have worried?

Zombie Emergency Response Operations
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:09   #114
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
i didnt make my order though red wolf or wgc, i made my order though A&A, why should i know their policies? my order was listed on A&A's website so i didnt know he delt with them. he said he could do it legal so why should i have worried?
Regardless of "legal" things will get seized or held in customs. Just having the licenses and paperwork squared means there's less risk of seizure, it doesn't guarantee complete absence of seizure. CBSA goes case by case and decides whether or not to let things through.

And "didn't know he dealt with them", that's fine. But these guns didn't materialize out of thin air. Most of them came direct from redwolf or wgc. Manitoba players knew this.

Hell, I had my first vest held up at customs for two weeks despite it being a non-prohibited item from a recognized retailer.
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:41   #115
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.meoff View Post
not sure what you guys are talking about but this GRYPHON guy is an asshole and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about I talked to Mark today and this Andrew guy has his ass stuck up somebodies eles ass as he doesn' now anything anout anything and I'm not sure but I think he is only 14
Turns out this is another account created by Mark. Both have been banned. How the hell do you stick your own ass up somebody else's ass? That's confusing me.
Old August 1st, 2008, 10:12   #116
Maverick0

Hmm, that's pretty childish...

Firewalker, if someone who has no idea about the status of airsoft in the country orders through Mark, would you tell them the same thing? They probably wouldn't get it... I don't think it makes sens to place blame on redwolf or wgc if an order is placed through A&A because nobody really knows what mark has or doesn't have in stock. If you just ask him "Can you get me X gun" and he says yes, that sort of implies that either he has it or it's not a problem to get it... if it is a problem to get it, it needs to be made clear.

You can't assume that everyone who places and order knows where the guns come from and that they might not even get here. Assuming makes an Ass of U and Me.
Old August 1st, 2008, 14:59   #117
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
Assuming makes an Ass of U and Me.
Actually, Assuming makes an ass out of U and ming.

Assumptions go both ways though. Assuming that customs won't mess with a shipment, just because they've not in the past is just the same. And that's all I've got to say about that
Old August 1st, 2008, 15:31   #118
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
The availability of rifles to Mark should not affect the way he conducts business. If he promises a rifle, then he delivers a rifle or a refund, simple as that. Blaming it on Redwolf or whatever is just finger pointing. Customs can mess with it all they want, that is not my problem, your problem , or anyone elses problem, its the businesses problem. We pay the 300% mark up to avoid hassles and to ensure we get the product we want. If I wanted to deal with customs myself, I wouldnt be buying from a retailer.

If this is too much of an issue, maybe he shouldnt be selling stuff he doesnt have in his hands. problem solved there.
Old August 1st, 2008, 15:39   #119
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05 View Post
The availability of rifles to Mark should not affect the way he conducts business. If he promises a rifle, then he delivers a rifle or a refund, simple as that. Blaming it on Redwolf or whatever is just finger pointing. Customs can mess with it all they want, that is not my problem, your problem , or anyone elses problem, its the businesses problem. We pay the 300% mark up to avoid hassles and to ensure we get the product we want. If I wanted to deal with customs myself, I wouldnt be buying from a retailer.

If this is too much of an issue, maybe he shouldnt be selling stuff he doesnt have in his hands. problem solved there.
Actually when I did a special order with Mark he quoted me $100 MORE than what everyone else local had the gun listed it but because they were sold out I had to get it ordered.

I remember talking to someone and Mark quoted him $600 to bring in a Luger GBB!
Old August 1st, 2008, 15:49   #120
Maverick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
Actually, Assuming makes an ass out of U and ming.
Fine, I'll have to revise my clever quips about assumptions.. lol

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General