Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 27th, 2011, 23:36   #1066
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

It's the tiny allen screw that sticks out the back of the trigger. By default, it should be recessed, but it's possible it's rolled out during transport. You access it from the front of the trigger (where your finger pulls). I'd recommend threadlocking it with temporary locker (like Henkel Blue Threadlock).
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 00:24   #1067
Gunmage

Tried it. Didnt work. Hammer still wont go back up after trying to pull the trigger
Gunmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 00:46   #1068
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Have you tried watching the mechanical action with the grip safety removed? That's usually the easiest way to see what's going wrong with the disconnector levers.
Old April 28th, 2011, 00:54   #1069
Gunmage

Yup. So this is what happens. When i rack the slide, it seems as if the right prong just lays on top of the disconnector and the disconnector barely moves as if theres not much pressure being put onto it. I have to cock the hammer down to actually move the disconnector so that the right prong sits in the right place on the disconnector. Its a very odd thing to explain but its frustrating.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:03   #1070
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Okay, so if you "assist" the bottom of the disconnect lever to go up in to place with... let's say a pen or a punch or something that allows you gently push it upwards... does it do anything? Or is the sear totally blocking it?

The right prong is SUPPOSE to lay on top of the disconnector. Its purpose is to apply pressure on the ramp, which will push it upwards in to place. Sometimes, the prong is too weak (if you inadvertently bent it, or if you upgraded to a light weight version) to push the disconnector behind the sear. If this is the case, you'll need to bend the prong to add more pressure. One way to prove whether this is the solution, is by attempting my suggestion of "assisting" the disconnector upwards. If it pops in to place with a bit of assistance, than increasing the right prong pressure will alleviate the symptom.

Technically, the hammer doesn't touch the disconnector. In fact, the hammer has NO direct contact with the disconnector whatsoever. Rather, what you're seeing could be an intermediary issue with the sear, which could indicate no problem with the disconnector at all. Try viewing the action without the safety levers installed either. You'd have to really know how the mechanical action is suppose to work to see how this is playing out. It's very difficult to e-diagnose like this, because I'm just going by what you're seeing, and if I'm relying on what you're seeing (or not seeing, or not knowing what to look for), then my diagnoses are only as limited as the information you're giving me and I'm basically shooting in the dark here.

If you could take a well lit and in focus video of the action, I could see what's going on. Sadly, 90% of the pictures and videos that send to me are so blurry and poorly lit, I still can't help people anyways.

Last edited by ILLusion; April 28th, 2011 at 01:09..
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:04   #1071
Gunmage

Heres a video for any of you who might have encountered this
YouTube - Hi capa disconnector problem
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:45   #1072
calfun

ya, this happened to me before...i dont remember how i fixed it but I think illusion is right.. i would try bending both the middle and right prongs so that more pressure is being applied to the sear and disconnector.

Last edited by calfun; April 28th, 2011 at 02:50..
calfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:09   #1073
StrikeFreedom

Based on the video, it seems like the sear is in the way. In fact your disconnector started off in the "down" position. Try to shorten the trigger bow, ie. by slightly pressing in the front and back. As a result, the disconnector will have more room to slip up in front of the sear.

In addition, the right prong seems to be "scratching" the disconnector. Bend tip so that the curved part contacts the disconnector to ensure the two have as little friction as possible, since this will prevent the disconnector from moving up.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:37   #1074
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmage View Post
Heres a video for any of you who might have encountered this
YouTube - Hi capa disconnector problem
Did you do what I suggested by trying to assist the disconnector upwards by nudging it? If it's impossible to push up, than bending the prong will do nothing.

There are a few solutions to this, as mentioned above. Also, filing a ramp behind the sear will also help the disconnector to slip up behind the sear.

Last edited by ILLusion; April 28th, 2011 at 11:42..
Old April 28th, 2011, 14:57   #1075
Gunmage

I did do that. So where do i file this exactly? A picture would help. Also, now i have a new problem, when i cock the hammer and pull the trigger, the hammer only moves to halfway, and it wont go back up or down. i have to take apart the whole grip and frame
Old April 28th, 2011, 16:10   #1076
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I did do that. So where do i file this exactly? A picture would help. Also, now i have a new problem, when i cock the hammer and pull the trigger, the hammer only moves to halfway, and it wont go back up or down. i have to take apart the whole grip and frame
In the back of the sear, where the disconnect lever tries to go behind. The purpose is just to create a bit more room to make it easier for the disconnect lever to slip behind.

This solution is assuming you've already ruled out increasing strength on the right prong to solve the problem. That would be the easiest solution and would be my FIRST approach to solving the problem. And again, this is given that assisting the disconnector is possible with the gentle push of a probe.

As for your new problem - again, please post video of the internal action. It sounds like you're having some issue with the sear. During your attempt to insert the leaf spring (or if you've been trying to bend it), you may have weakened the middle prong, which affects sear tension.

Folks, this is why you shouldn't mess with your gun if you have no clue what you're doing...

Last edited by ILLusion; April 28th, 2011 at 16:12..
Old April 28th, 2011, 16:18   #1077
StrikeFreedom

Be careful of the angle you file down, cause the disconnector may actually slip down upon a trigger pull. This is why I prefer to create room by shortening the trigger bow, and is totally reversible.

And yes a video of your new problem would help.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 16:25   #1078
Gunmage

If i increase the strength, it just makes it impossible to pull the trigger at all. But ill try what you said and post a video
Old April 28th, 2011, 17:08   #1079
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom View Post
Be careful of the angle you file down, cause the disconnector may actually slip down upon a trigger pull. This is why I prefer to create room by shortening the trigger bow, and is totally reversible.

And yes a video of your new problem would help.
Agreed. You don't need to create a ramp all the way up. Just a very slight angle to smooth the edge so that the disconnector has room to get behind. The spring power will do the rest of the work to get it up behind the sear.

Quote:
If i increase the strength, it just makes it impossible to pull the trigger at all. But ill try what you said and post a video
Why is it impossible?
Old April 28th, 2011, 18:11   #1080
Gunmage

its like the trigger wont move back any more at all. Like something is pushing it forward, making it impossible for me to pull the trigger back.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications