Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2014, 03:50   #1036
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Self clearing seems pretty straight-forward from what I've read (giving it a try on a package that's due this week).

Simply put, from what I understand all you really need to do is get the relevant information (Waybill#, Unique ID #, invoice) from the shipping company, in this case, UPS and pop down to your local CBSA office to pay duties and taxes once your package is in town. Once done have them fax off the receipt/form (B15?) stating everything has been paid to UPS and you're good to receive your package without the ridiculous fees UPS charges.

I called UPS for the information, got all I needed and then noted I wanted to self clear (lady didn't seem to like the idea and sorta floated between "you can't really do it but you sorta can"). Shouldn't have a problem as I never consented or implied I wanted to use their accounting services so anything they paid to clear it isn't my problem as I'm legally entitled to clear my own packages. I already paid the shipping fee, once I've paid duties and taxes they can't deny me my package.

One thing to note though is it should be easier if you live in the port of entry (ie Vancouver) your package is coming in from as UPS and CBSA seems to state you have to physically be there to self clear.

*Do correct me if I'm wrong anywhere in the process I listed as I'm still somewhat new to self clearing. Just really don't like being burned by UPS fees.
Old January 7th, 2014, 21:47   #1037
targetGspot

The most I've ever had to pay for ups over cpost was about $12. Totally worth it considering they've always been on time (usually a couple days early!) and no damage. hell, they always even seem happy to be bringing me my packages!
I did however just receive a package through cpost that was a whole day early and the guy finally came to my door with it! (same guy who dumps slip in community box without even trying the house. My neighbors have had the same problem) I guess cpost finally told him to do his job!
I just received a non-airsoft related package through DHL. Those guys must ship via F-18 or something. Crazy fast shipping!
Old January 9th, 2014, 21:14   #1038
targetGspot

Actually came to house!

So for the second time in a row my cpost carrier has actually come to my house! On time too! I guess cpost was getting tired of complaints from the neighborhood and straightened him out!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 13:01   #1039
Brit ter

So I ordered a part from evike on the 10 of January, got my tracking number and on January 13 the tracking said that the package was delivered to my mail box . Today is the 22 and nothing so they lost it from the mail truck to the mail box ! LOOSERS
Old January 22nd, 2014, 14:44   #1040
Danke

3 days from Evike to your door by way of the postal system? Really,,,
Old January 22nd, 2014, 18:12   #1041

Evike uses USPS/CP now? That's news to me. Last time I ordered from them it was Sept 2013, they only used UPS and messed up too.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 18:25   #1042
Jamroxorz
Jamroz

I've been ordering from Evike since 2012. USPS/CP has always been available with them. I only got charged taxes and CP handling charge of 10$ on 2 occasions, when I ordered a lot of gear and it came in a huge box( even then it was declared at about 30% value), and when I ordered a rifle from them.

I've had the classic mail person comes and leaves the notice on my door w/o knocking. I didn't trust them so when I expected a package I would leave a note on my door that said "I'm home! Please knock loud and wait a bit!"
Old January 22nd, 2014, 19:23   #1043

So I guess they messed up twice in my case First they said ok for USPS, still sent it by UPS which resulted in a charge of around $20-$25 IIRC on $100 order and later on said: "We only use UPS for Canada"...
Old January 22nd, 2014, 19:30   #1044
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
3 days from Evike to your door by way of the postal system? Really,,,
Live in Niagara close to the border !
Old January 22nd, 2014, 20:18   #1045
koalorka

Did anyone notice how they removed basic insurance from small packets?

Now if you want to send something overseas economically, you still have to pay around $40 for the air version, but you get nothing in return. Technically, once you hand off your parcel to the Canada post clerk at the counter, the employee can toss it into the garbage bin and Canada Post cannot be held liable or accountable for the loss. They are basically absolved of providing any level of service. It then becomes a matter of good faith on their behalf to deliver your parcel..

Absolutely appalling how this Crown corporation is allowed to operate.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 20:49   #1046
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
Live in Niagara close to the border !
So one day to pull the order, pack it up and ship it.

USPS truck driver straight across California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, skirts Indiana, and on across Michigan cross through Detroit hits customs.

Clear customs get handed over to Canada Post (or vice versa before anyone gets pedantic) and make the rest of the way to your door.

Totally within the bounds of a regular mail shipment.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 20:54   #1047
Brit ter

Just going by the tracking ,and there hasn't been any thing in the mail since .and I have talked to Canada post twice about the order.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 21:06   #1048
Danke

it's a tracking glitch. You can't realistically expect anything to get from location A to location B that fast unless it's going via a high cost air shipment.

A more realistic timeline would be 2-3 days to pack and ship. At least 8 days to cross the US and reach the port of entry. The customs is 1-2 days unless it's pulled for secondary inspection and last 1-2 days out to you.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 21:46   #1049
Brit ter

Why would Canada post say over the phone that the item was sent out for drop off at residence ?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 21:51   #1050
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

If you read the tracking page, a rather noticeable line on there states that if you call in, they will tell you exactly what you see on the tracking. That is all the info that they have.

Quote:
This is the most up-to-date information available
perhaps try using their support system...

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...o_delivery.jsf
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General