Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Interest in WE GBB's?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 1st, 2006, 10:31   #91
firemachine69

My grip safety works, but I need to fix up the right side safe... kinda loose. Although a worn out real-steel could possibly feel the same way, and actually has made it less likely for me to accidentally put it on fire.

On another note, any ideas anyone if this will work?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=4729&d=
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 13:14   #92
The Saint

Finally got my Dragon. Same problems as pretty much some here, right side safety is loose and grip safety is non-functioning. One additional problem, though, they shipped me the wrong gun! I ordered the AB and got the BB instead.
Old February 1st, 2006, 13:35   #93
supersized

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69
My grip safety works, but I need to fix up the right side safe... kinda loose. Although a worn out real-steel could possibly feel the same way, and actually has made it less likely for me to accidentally put it on fire.

On another note, any ideas anyone if this will work?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=4729&d=
I don't see why not. The holster is designed for a 1911. I have a similar holster from Safariland and then retension system on the raptor works. The fit was a little snug but I suppose it's just needs to be broken in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
Who wants a Chinese pickle?
Yuxi: Yo...count me in. Viet pickles are great too!

Manmaries: Dude a chinese pickle is when you get a blowjob from a girl while she's taking a shit. Yuxi you kinky white supremascist you!
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 13:37   #94
firemachine69

This one is good with or without a rail.

Meh, more gear never hurt anyone.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 13:56   #95
supersized

Sweet!!!!! I just signed for mine.... Should I open it here in the office...lol or should I wait till I get back?!?!??.....hmmmm

I swear Randy is using scented packaging.... my Package has a really strong Pineapple/coconut smell to it...... Like a pina colada, and the smell is spreading.

Quote:

Manmaries: Dude a chinese pickle is when you get a blowjob from a girl while she's taking a shit. Yuxi you kinky white supremascist you!
Old February 1st, 2006, 14:37   #96
The Saint

Great, my slide refuses to lock back after one disassembling and reassembling. I want to cry.

Edit: I was able to fix the loose right safety problem by padding the triangular socket of the right safety with a little bit of paper, allowing for a more secure fit to the left safety.
Old February 1st, 2006, 15:57   #97
Syphen

The slide refuses to lock back!?? When you are out of ammo with the mag in? because the slide is not meant to lock back unless you force it to without an empty mag. Its the bb follower in the mag which forces the slide to lock back, so I would look at that.

Bit of paper for the saftey though eh? I may just try that tonight, altough how long would that stay stiff for before falling apart?

Sponsored by Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens
www.bolandhowe.com
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 16:04   #98
stokes

I found that if you tilt the gun sideways the pistol safety grip wont work. When the gun is upright in the firing position then the safety grip will function normally like its suppose to. Thats my gun i dont know about others. I have the dragon.
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 16:09   #99
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
I found that the WE tech slides are sometimes too heavy to lock back if you're pointing them downwards. Try pointing it skywards and dryfiring.
Old February 1st, 2006, 16:33   #100
The Saint

Ok, it's locking now. Syphen was right, I needed to have the mag in.

Those of you have your gun littering in front of you in pieces right now might appreciate the following tips.

- Lightly pad the space between the inner barrel and the outer barrel, as well as the gap between the outer barrel and the slide to significantly improve accuracy.

- If you're having trouble getting the leaf spring seated right, try removing the hammer spring housing at the base of the grip. It'll allow you to fit the two halves of the lower receiver back together without there being any tension between them. Then just slide the hammer spring housing back on afterwards.

As for the paper safety fix, I think it should be good for a while. The paper is not really under that much stress, unless one uses the right safety consistently. The left safety is the one that's stiff and actually connected to the business bit.
Old February 1st, 2006, 17:14   #101
Drake
E-01

Okay, to all of you who have non-functional grip safeties...

I just modded my hammer spring housing and my grip safety is now 100% functional. There was considerably more material to remove than I'd originally estimated. I'll take pictures tonight, and detail the proceedure if anyone else is interested in performing this modification. It should also work on the TM Hi-Capas with non-functional grip safeties (easily testable before actually modding anything).

I also adjusted my leaf spring a bit, to compensate for the longer travel the grip safety has now, and to make it feel more solid.
Old February 1st, 2006, 17:52   #102
DEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersized
Sweet!!!!! I just signed for mine.... Should I open it here in the office...lol or should I wait till I get back?!?!??.....hmmmm

I swear Randy is using scented packaging.... my Package has a really strong Pineapple/coconut smell to it...... Like a pina colada, and the smell is spreading.

ahhh, for sure!! just had to make your package a little ....... special for you :lol:

The closest I ever come to the coconut smell was many, many, many years ago, when I finished a whole bottle of Malibu in about 10 min. Since that day, I can not stand even the smell of coconut!!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:45   #103
supersized

I was serious Randy!!!.... I swear it smells like pina colada in my office.....

I found that the the rails one the hi capa frams are too wide to attach a tac light on it. I doubt you will be able to attach anything that's supposed to attach to regular rails. Maybe it will require a rail adapter like the ones used for the USPs and MK23s.

Quote:

Old February 2nd, 2006, 04:23   #104
Drake
E-01

The rail on my 3.8 is actually NARROWER than the rail on my WA Striker 45 (which is too wide). You need to use screw type mounts (like scope rings or the G&G light mount, GP M6 etc)

Got a bit busy tonight, I'll post pics of the hammer spring housing mod tomorrow. Now that everything's 100%, I'm really impressed with this little gun. Just need to do something about those WE stickers on the grip... ich. :neutral:
Old February 2nd, 2006, 13:21   #105
supersized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
The rail on my 3.8 is actually NARROWER than the rail on my WA Striker 45 (which is too wide). You need to use screw type mounts (like scope rings or the G&G light mount, GP M6 etc)

Got a bit busy tonight, I'll post pics of the hammer spring housing mod tomorrow. Now that everything's 100%, I'm really impressed with this little gun. Just need to do something about those WE stickers on the grip... ich. :neutral:

I tried it with screw type mounts and even then they wouldn't fit.... I may have to pry the mounts a little wider.... but then they wont hold the light as well.........

Quote:

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion