Canadian

Old May 27th, 2010, 15:41   #1021
Pretorian

Send a message via ICQ to Pretorian

Pretorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 16:13   #1022
Acid_Snake

Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
Oh fantastic A2! Probably the best I've ever seen.
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 17:51   #1023
273BeLow

Send a message via MSN to 273BeLow
posted earlier on the introductiosn thread but thought I should add this here.

Just joined my canadian better half in a Canadian load out for airsofting over here.

Cadpat is UK bought but Canadian made, CF vest is from Canada on ebay. A&K Mk1 M249/C9 just using my 1911 for now may pick up a Sig 226 to stand in for the newer issue 225 although there should be a new high power on way from WE soonish hmmm!

images thanks to John/Scoutthedoggie

Also have a C8 project on the go just needs an inner barrel and the C8 body from DR!

Last edited by 273BeLow; June 14th, 2010 at 17:56..
273BeLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 16:07   #1024
Texas

Send a message via ICQ to Texas

I am in the middle

26-27.06.2010
Old June 30th, 2010, 18:08   #1025
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Little question from a CADPAT noob : what are you guys using as second line nowadays ? I saw a lot of stuff in these 78 pages but I have a hard time clearly understanding what the official issue is.
I mostly saw some gear at CPGear but no plate carriers, are you doing like germans with a bulletproof vest and a rig on top of it ?

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 18:13   #1026
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Overall not bad. I second the point on scrim. It's more accurate without even if you're not wearing the night vision mount. Definetly a set of gloves for patrolling even if it's hot as balls. And a small nit picky point that's more a personal preference: unless you're wearing an undershirt underneath your OTW style shirt I think it's more comfortable to have it tucked into the pant and wearing a belt. I don't know...to me it seems like that would chafe pretty badly afterawhile of walking around. Maybe it's just me.
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 18:20   #1027
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Aside from the OD Body Armour, the dude with the boonie hat and goatee you guys look pretty accurate. I also don't think any Canadians have put scrim on their helmets for Afghanistan since 1-06, if so they are the rare exception. Just need some repro PAQ4s and PEQ2s on the rifles. Also, why is there a guy only wearing 1 glove, never seen anyone do that. And most guys tend to wear gloves when they are out patrolling.

Also, why is the person in TW CADPAT wearing a AR Boonie hat? Also he should tuck in his boot laces.

Why do you guys have MCpl, Sgt, etc rank insignia drawn on the armour? I've only seen one person do that overseas and it was a Major. Most common thing you'd see on the body armour is the person's blood type or Blood Type and ZAP number or nothing at all. Also, that guy's Sgt rank is missing the maple leaf.

Some weird looking slings and home made ones you guys have. More people tend to use a one point sling going from the rifle to their tac vest/chest rig, either buy one like the Spec Ops Wolf Hook, or made your own out of 550 Cord and a d-ring/carabeaner. The Vickers Combat Application Sling is also pretty popular. Some guys also use the one point slings that loop around the body, again they either buy one, use the issued one(Afghanistan issue) or use the issued 2 point sling and make it a one point.

Theres also no glass bottles of Pepsi overseas, its all tin cans of pop imported from the Middle East or something(its got Arabic writting on the cans)
good comments! thanks!
The dude with the boonie hat and goatee has his own CG634. For some reasons he didn't put it on for the foto...lazy
Gen 3 OD body armour is all we can have for this moment...cannoy find a material for maeking a repro of Arid ones and sure cannot buy issued one

Regarding the scrim...it was an airsoft game of period 2006. Guy wanted to make "a palm" on his head as he has seen on some photos )) Will recommend to remove.

PAQ4/PAQ2..we are working on that

Person in TW is from different photos he is a beginner and still has to collect a lot of stuff... IOW: bad logistics

Regarding rank insignia...remains of folly. Seen few time the same and did. Needs to be cleaned long time ago.

Some slings are to be changed, some are alright...I use soft FN Minimi's sling and want to make one from a paracord

Regarding the Pepsi...it was just an airsoft game..and it was what we have received at our "FOB" as a package BTW, good notes. I didn't thought about it at that moment :banghead:

Good ideas to work on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
Overall not bad. I second the point on scrim. It's more accurate without even if you're not wearing the night vision mount. Definetly a set of gloves for patrolling even if it's hot as balls. And a small nit picky point that's more a personal preference: unless you're wearing an undershirt underneath your OTW style shirt I think it's more comfortable to have it tucked into the pant and wearing a belt. I don't know...to me it seems like that would chafe pretty badly afterawhile of walking around. Maybe it's just me.
Same, good notes. Thanks! Will work on it

Last edited by Texas; June 30th, 2010 at 18:24..
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 18:27   #1028
Karlawson

Lightbulb

I've got a mil-spec cad pat tunic and trouser combo. I believe that when you put rank badges on, you are somewhat mocking the men and women who serve to protect our country everyday. it is stealing their glory, and I don't agree with that. If you wear your kit and a forces member can plainly see that you are not in the cf, that's ok by me. (case in point, the pre-cadpat OD BDUs) And there is a difference between wearing it because you are proud of your country, and wearing it because you want people to think you are something you're not. just thought I'd put my two cents in. oh and by the way, my uniform is made by "CAMP/COMP" lol <- not sure how it's spelled. :wink:
Old June 30th, 2010, 19:03   #1029
Point_Man

Great effort guys. Here's a couple of more pics from my tour to give you guys some more ideas. The sling in the first picture I'm using is home made. I like prefered the one point that I could loop around my body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n509435666_1378865_5413.jpg (64.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg Afghanistan 173.JPG (1.38 MB, 274 views)
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:21   #1030
Texas

What is the scope on your C7a2? Is that an Elcan SpecterDR?
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:23   #1031
Twin#1[Op-for]

Yes, that's a spectre
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:22   #1032
Point_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
What is the scope on your C7a2? Is that an Elcan SpecterDR?
Sure is. It wasn't issue though, I got a good deal on it before I left.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:50   #1033
Roguer

the new rig is supposed to be issued to troops overseas for trials sometime during 1-10 is what ive been hearin from guys who are over there right now.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 17:24   #1034
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Ok so if I understand the regular grunt (no offense guys) is issued with an official LBE but is still free to use his/her own PC as long as it is approved ?

I think I saw some Eagle, Tactical Tailor, CPGear and HSGI stuff on pictures.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:03   #1035
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
And a small nit picky point that's more a personal preference: unless you're wearing an undershirt underneath your OTW style shirt I think it's more comfortable to have it tucked into the pant and wearing a belt. I don't know...to me it seems like that would chafe pretty badly afterawhile of walking around. Maybe it's just me.
I've found a few pics of CF operators using OTW untucked of pants
http://iisuspictures.ru/wp-content/u...gan0510.24.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/1g3c6u.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/1498ev9.jpg

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian