Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 6th, 2013, 00:12   #991
BennyBoy

Had something held for almost three weeks at CBSA Mississauga before release. Don't believe it to be CP's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paotsin View Post
I ordered some 552 eotech, peq 15, and some pouches from JKArmy. It arrived in Mississauga last May 28, 2013 and until now it is being held by customs. I dunno if this is taking too long, might time to call in Canada Post or CBSA. What are your thought guys?

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:47   #992
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC-74 View Post
Normally I would have been quite happy about this, which for a brief moment I was, until I noticed that the delivery person had written up the notices for two different post offices that are 2.7 km apart. The packages will be ready to pick up at my convenience tomorrow, convenience ?
In his defense, unless the address of the postal office is written by hand, It's not the delivery person that decides where your parcel will go. Supposedly based on the volume of parcels at your usual post office.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Old June 6th, 2013, 13:54   #993
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
In his defense, unless the address of the postal office is written by hand, It's not the delivery person that decides where your parcel will go. Supposedly based on the volume of parcels at your usual post office.
Duly noted, I was in a bad mood and venting a bit.
(at least now he leaves the delivery notices)
Old June 6th, 2013, 14:15   #994
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC-74 View Post
Duly noted, I was in a bad mood and venting a bit.
(at least now he leaves the delivery notices)
See!? There's always a good side

Quote:

Children these days.
Old June 7th, 2013, 13:00   #995
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
See!? There's always a good side
Funny/ annoying thing when I went to go pick up one of the packages, the woman behind the desk had me rewrite my signature 7 times on the electronic pad, and then write it on the delivery notice itself.(all of which looked very similar, but not exactly the same.)
She said "It has to match your Government signature". Silly me, I must have been using my civil signature
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:12   #996
MultipleParadox

Ok, now I think I can beat you all with that one ... I am simply amazed and shocked at their lack of consideration for other's property!

I bought a Ratech StainlessSteel Inner barrel from TigerTactical in the US, turned out I didn't order the correct model, so I returned it to them.

This is how they got it back:

How the fuck could they manage to bend a stainless steel inner barrel like that?! O_o

And of course, because it was a return, I didn't want to pay 25$ in shipping, so no insurance on that one; I guess I'll have to suck it up. 70$ to the trash.

Me is fucking pissed

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:23   #997
Deadpool

Canada post has an automatic 100$ insurance.

You don't have to suck it up.

Quote:

Children these days.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:41   #998
coach
aka coachster

I have dropped Canada Post for shipping at work and gone over to the dark side for all of our residential customers. Domestically, UPS is awesome. Faster and cheaper. Canpar does our business deliveries. Internationally DHL is still far superior than all considering I sent my buddy in Hong Kong a package from Toronto, and it was sign for in less than 24 hours from when it was picked up.
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:15   #999
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Canada post has an automatic 100$ insurance.

You don't have to suck it up.
Hmmm I just read their stuff about claiming for damages and didn't see that
Regardless, they'll be informed of this and we'll see what they say after that

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
Old June 10th, 2013, 13:12   #1000
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
I have dropped Canada Post for shipping at work and gone over to the dark side for all of our residential customers. Domestically, UPS is awesome. Faster and cheaper. Canpar does our business deliveries. Internationally DHL is still far superior than all considering I sent my buddy in Hong Kong a package from Toronto, and it was sign for in less than 24 hours from when it was picked up.
For commercial use, ups is cheaper. But for residential CP is cheaper. I may also add that when negotiated agressively, Puro is the cheapest there is for business stuff. 6$ for small (under 5lbs) parcel in province is pretty hard to beat.

Quote:

Children these days.
Old June 10th, 2013, 13:25   #1001
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
For commercial use, ups is cheaper. But for residential CP is cheaper. I may also add that when negotiated agressively, Puro is the cheapest there is for business stuff. 6$ for small (under 5lbs) parcel in province is pretty hard to beat.
Puro use to be cheaper for us but they lost the contract (they didn't really fight for it) and then without telling anyone, went back to published rates. Took 2 years to clear the account of balances we refused to pay since they changed their rates and had no proof that they informed anyone. Canpar smalls are $3.81 + tax within Ontario.

my problem with CP is that they forced us to use their Express Order Entry instead of the EST software. the EOE was giving us numerous problems. we would often get duplicate shipping entries and I would have to filter through their invoices to get them credited as I had proof that they had never been picked up or delivered. CP insisted that it was user error but we could never figure out how it happens. They wouldn't send a tech to help us either. All these adjustments were credited up until the start or March when they said it would be a $25 fee for each adjustment.
Old June 10th, 2013, 13:37   #1002
Deadpool

Well, that's a very low rate, too bad i'm not doing shipping anymore. But then again, canpar being in the Saputo family, I'm not sure my former boss would've done business with them. He hates doing business with the mob.

Quote:

Children these days.
Old June 10th, 2013, 13:44   #1003
Derpystronk

Currently on business day 16 on a 30 dollar package coming from the US. Seller failed to provide me with a tracking number originally and now I'm bugging him for it to try and figure out what is going on. Given USPS it could have easily taken two weeks for it to get across the United States... After that, it could have got held up in customs for a couple of days (or still there for all I know), and if it came in through the west coast it has to travel across Canada to get to me, which can take a week or more. Or it could simply have gotten lost and will never arrive at all. Until I get that tracking number I have no idea but SOMEONE has messed up somewhere.

Who am I mad at? Fucking everyone.

Last edited by Derpystronk; June 10th, 2013 at 13:48..
Old June 10th, 2013, 13:59   #1004
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Old postal guy always brought packages to my house. I tipped him for it too. New guy. Apparently hasnt got the message. I often tip big to. Ive thrown the guy 20 bucks when he handed me my ops core.
Old June 10th, 2013, 14:35   #1005
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Well, that's a very low rate, too bad i'm not doing shipping anymore. But then again, canpar being in the Saputo family, I'm not sure my former boss would've done business with them. He hates doing business with the mob.
when I worked for an event company, we regularly had banquets parties that had ties to the mob
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General