Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2013, 20:45   #961
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Parafal, considering it was in mississauga friday morning by the time it got on the road and out to your area it was probably tue end of the day and so its likely sitting in the truck or in the area box for the truck to pic up tommorow morning im sure youll likely get it tommorow.

I got a question. Once canada post accepts something and hands it to customs for inspection (in the same building as the postal distribution centre in mississauga) at 9am on friday how long you figure itll take em to inspect my package? ( lol inspect my package)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; March 10th, 2013 at 20:47..
Old March 10th, 2013, 20:45   #962
Parafal

Ok thanks for the comments!

I'll wait until Tuesday. What can I do?... nothing, just wait and be patient.
Old March 10th, 2013, 20:48   #963
buttonsHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushicake View Post
What makes you so special that they have to ring your door bell and wait for you to answer they have better things to do. That's also another reason why big packages normally get sent to your local post office.
I'm not gspot but I'll answer this question... because that is what they are supposed to do! That's what the parcel delivery guys (and your mailman if they deliver small packages) are required to do as per their job requirements.

I have two friends who work for Canada Post, they say it sucks having to knock (or ring) and wait but it's part of their job. Enough complaints and they'll be pulled from that current route or even terminated.
Old March 10th, 2013, 20:51   #964
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
You have to understand that "expected" doesn't mean "Will be there at that date no matter what". It means "we'll do our best and it should be there at that date"
Sorry Deadpool,

But selecting an expedited service means that your package is supposed to be there on the expected delivery date. That's why Canada Post will give the sender a shipping refund if the package is late.
Old March 10th, 2013, 20:52   #965
sushicake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafal View Post
Ok thanks for the comments!

I'll wait until Tuesday. What can I do?... nothing, just wait and be patient.
In 8 minutes you can watch the walking dead on amc...
Old March 10th, 2013, 22:05   #966
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Or watch the new top gear on streetfire.
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:15   #967
Parafal

Just to say that my AEG arrived this morning!

Yes, The Walking Dead was a good suggestion!
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:30   #968
MrCarrington

Ladies and Gentelmen a miracle has occured.

I actually had GREAT service from Canada Post today.

I will say that again, I had GREAT service from CP.

I had an issue with my address on a package and the address I had it sent to is a temporary apartment I am living in so I don't have ID with this address on it. So currently, they didn't leave a card since there was an issue with the address (missing apt number which was my fault) Instead of returning it to the sender (which they have done to me before even though the CORRECT address was on it), they are having it held at a post office for me to pick up and informed the supervisor there I will be getting it and I don't have an ID with the right address.

They were actually very polite and curteous and helpful. I was shocked and amazed. Normally I would have a problem like this and it's a tough shit it's getting returned, NOT THIS TIME!!!!
Old March 28th, 2013, 14:05   #969
canabubba

We've been doing group orders from China twice a year for the last three years......usually in the $2,000 range. China ships through their EMS postal service, which comes here via Canada Post.

I've NEVER had to pay duty before, but this time, they nailed us for an extra $120 on the first box shipped.........just waiting on the second box now to see if it makes it through, or if we get screwed again.

bastards
Old March 28th, 2013, 14:21   #970
DustMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabubba View Post
We've been doing group orders from China twice a year for the last three years......usually in the $2,000 range. China ships through their EMS postal service, which comes here via Canada Post.

I've NEVER had to pay duty before, but this time, they nailed us for an extra $120 on the first box shipped.........just waiting on the second box now to see if it makes it through, or if we get screwed again.

bastards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Border Services Agency
Under the provisions of the Postal Imports Remission Order, if someone mails you an item worth CAN$20 or less, you don’t have to pay duty or taxes on the item. If the item is worth more than CAN$20, you must pay the applicable duty, the GST or HST, and any PST on the item’s full value.
1) It's the CBSA assessing, not Canada Post and
2) Shouldn't you be praising them for the free ride you've gotten for the last three years?

The small orders I make from overseas pass under the radar too, usually based on a lowballed assessed value.

An order I made from the US (~$350) was fully assessed and taxes/duties paid.
Old March 28th, 2013, 16:31   #971
Freeze

I recently ordered a letter sized item (not airsoft) from two different people in China.

Both shipped out within a day of each other by the same mailing method (I am certain it goes through Canada Post). One arrived after 9 days and the other has yet to arrive. It's been a week since the first one (shipped last) arrived and the second has still yet to show up.

If Canada Post is going to be slow, fine. But at least be consistent so that we can tell approximately when it's going to arrive...

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Old March 28th, 2013, 16:44   #972
DustMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
I recently ordered a letter sized item (not airsoft) from two different people in China.

If Canada Post is going to be slow, fine. But at least be consistent so that we can tell approximately when it's going to arrive...
Do these envelopes have tracking that indicates the delay is within Canada Post? It seems there are a few parties involved in a China-to-Canada mailing...
Old March 28th, 2013, 16:55   #973
OM3GA

It took me more time than estimated to get my Armytek light from China. It was shipped with Fedex and I was able to see that it had two different delays, one in China and one at customs.

If your package doesn't have tracking there isn't really much you can do besides play the waiting game. Things from China especially when in the hands of China post and Canada post can take quite awhile.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
Old March 28th, 2013, 20:22   #974
buttonsHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabubba View Post

bastards
You didn't get screwed, you got lucky!
Old April 4th, 2013, 15:40   #975
Solo36

Send a message via MSN to Solo36 Send a message via Yahoo to Solo36
This morning I checked my tracking number to see where my Ehobbyasia package was. To my surprise it said that the package was delivered but no one was home to accept it. This was strange since I was home all day. so I go down to my mail box and it was empty. To the corner of my eye I noticed my neighbors mail box had a Canada post parcel notice in it. So I looked, and it was for me! What an idiot. My address is 308 not 310!! Now I have to wait until tomorrow to get my package at the post office. I don't enjoy them delivering my 300$ packages to my neighbors!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General