FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 13th, 2011, 14:52   #961
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I thought LCT is a Taiwanese brand though.....
They are. I can't confirm their 1911 controls are same OEM as Nova. I'm just saying it looks very close, and the price point is close as well (if only a little bit cheaper.)
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 00:34   #962
T[]RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Remove the half cock nub. All your problems should be solved.
Thanks for the answer!

I am not sure i can understand where it is. It's part on hammer (i can provide photo)?
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 02:42   #963
fyra

It's a small nub on the lower right corner of the right hand side of the hammer. You can't miss it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
fyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:47   #964
T[]RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyra View Post
It's a small nub on the lower right corner of the right hand side of the hammer. You can't miss it.
Thanks. I can't understand word "nub". It's like "cog"? I better attach a photo...

Installed Nova sear (it is come with the hammer), original TM M.E.U. hammer and HurricanE grip safety - no problems. Test fire - 325 FPS (0.2g BB, Toy Jack's TOP Gas).

P.S. Which Hop-Up rubber will your recommend (Firefly, KM (45H or 55H), Nine Ball or other)? And why?

Last edited by T[]RK; March 14th, 2011 at 05:21..
Old March 14th, 2011, 17:19   #965
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
Thanks. I can't understand word "nub". It's like "cog"? I better attach a photo...

Neither. The hammer should have also come with a small steel pin that goes in to the hole at the bottom of the hammer. On your picture, it fills the hole that is just to the left of hammer hook "#2". Remove that pin. That location only works with Hi-Capa. It will not function with 1911/MEU type frame.

Quote:
P.S. Which Hop-Up rubber will your recommend (Firefly, KM (45H or 55H), Nine Ball or other)? And why?
Depends what you want to achieve, if you want higher FPS, get Nine Ball. If you want higher accuracy, get Firefly.
BOTH brands will increase both characteristics, but one just does a characteristic better than the other.
The KM ones, I found did not fit well, and I never did much experimentation with it. I'm willing to try them again, but until then, I can not fully comment on it.
Old March 14th, 2011, 18:45   #966
fyra

What does that sights that come with the Nova Kimber Warrior kit look like, i.e. sight picture?

It says that they are "Novak style", but is that a tri-dot sight, or just black like the stock MEU sights?

Quote:
I have had very good results with the Nine Ball rubber. Used it with a 6.03 Nine Ball TBB and the TK Hop Twist.

Out of the two barrels, I prefer the TK one. It shoots longer, but not necessarily with higher velosity.

Last edited by fyra; March 14th, 2011 at 20:23..
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:59   #967
T[]RK

Quote:
Neither.
What!?

Quote:
The hammer should have also come with a small steel pin that goes in to the hole at the bottom of the hammer.
Yes!

Quote:
On your picture, it fills the hole that is just to the left of hammer hook "#2".
Correct.

Quote:
Remove that pin. That location only works with Hi-Capa. It will not function with 1911/MEU type frame.
I just tested without it and it work! Damn, I compared with original and it have this pin, so i always installed it.

MANY THANKS!

Quote:
Depends what you want to achieve, if you want higher FPS, get Nine Ball. If you want higher accuracy, get Firefly.
BOTH brands will increase both characteristics, but one just does a characteristic better than the other.
The KM ones, I found did not fit well, and I never did much experimentation with it. I'm willing to try them again, but until then, I can not fully comment on it.
O.K. I have got KM one and PDI palsonite barrel. I think it fit good.

Quote:
What does that sights that come with the Nova Kimber Warrior kit look like, i.e. sight picture? It says that they are "Novak style", but is that a tri-dot sight, or just black like the stock MEU sights?
Sorry, i have got Kimber Desert Warrior Kit from HurricanE. On HurricanE it's Novak style, tri-dot, but no any glow (both: tritium or phosphorus) and no markings on rear sight. Front sight have got "MH3" on left side. Rear sighe have got serrations on both sides.

Quote:
I have had very good results with the Nine Ball rubber. Used it with a 6.03 Nine Ball TBB and the TK Hop Twist.

Out of the two barrels, I prefer the TK one. It shoots longer, but not necessarily with higher velosity.
With original Hop-Up rubber and PDI i can't hit center. BBs always go up and left. Not tested with KM yet.
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:37   #968
fyra

The question about the Nova sights was meant for Illusion.

Quote:
Neither.
Quote:
What!?
The hammer you pictured first is a Nova Kimber-style 2-tone, and that comes with a removable pin that goes in the hole Illusion described.

Since you're using it on a 1911-style frame, you won't need the pin, so just use the hammer as pictured.

Last edited by fyra; March 15th, 2011 at 11:15..
Old March 16th, 2011, 14:02   #969
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
What does that sights that come with the Nova Kimber Warrior kit look like, i.e. sight picture?

It says that they are "Novak style", but is that a tri-dot sight, or just black like the stock MEU sights?
Novak style three-"dent"-dot. ie, there are dents to indicate dot location, but it is black on black, unlike stock MEU which is just smooth. I use these dot locations to place Nitesiters.

Quote:
What!?
Don't worry about it, you figured it out. I was just saying it was 'neither #1 or #2' in your photo.

Quote:
I just tested without it and it work! Damn, I compared with original and it have this pin, so i always installed it.
Yes, the original hammer also has this nub, but look more carefully, and you will notice it is not in the same location. This is why you have the problem.

Anyways, easy to fix. Just remove the pin, and also allows you to manually decock the hammer.
Old March 17th, 2011, 18:41   #970
fyra

Quote:
Novak style three-"dent"-dot. ie, there are dents to indicate dot location, but it is black on black, unlike stock MEU which is just smooth. I use these dot locations to place Nitesiters.
Interesting. Are you happy with the result?

I bought a few sets of Nitesiters for a friend of mine, but haven't tried them myself.

Do you mind posting a picture of how it looks? i.e. sight picture etc.
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:24   #971
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Interesting. Are you happy with the result?

I bought a few sets of Nitesiters for a friend of mine, but haven't tried them myself.

Do you mind posting a picture of how it looks? i.e. sight picture etc.
I'm very satisfied enough with the Nitesiters/Daysiters products that I've begun distributing for them in Canada.

Don't have a picture on hand to show the sight picture. Maybe later.
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:37   #972
fyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru gin View Post
Anyone has experience with LCT brand??? I am interested in LCT 3-hole trigger for TM hi capa. AirsoftGlobal has them for $18. I want to know if this worth the money in terms of built material.
According to a friend of mine who just installed the LCT trigger, they're not all that great.

The overtravel screw keeps "falling out". Maybe some loctite could fix that, but I wouldn't recommend one.

Quote:
I'm very satisfied enough with the Nitesiters/Daysiters products that I've begun distributing for them in Canada.

Don't have a picture on hand to show the sight picture. Maybe later.
Alright, thanks. If I go with the NOVA MBK, that could be a cheaper solution than getting RS Trijicons.

Kind of leaning towards the PGC/Pro-Win kit right now though. I've gotten the impression that the finish is better on the latter.

Last edited by fyra; March 21st, 2011 at 07:40..
Old March 21st, 2011, 13:56   #973
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
According to a friend of mine who just installed the LCT trigger, they're not all that great.

The overtravel screw keeps "falling out". Maybe some loctite could fix that, but I wouldn't recommend one.
Almost all triggers I've worked with will experience this issue to some degree. The screws can and will back themselves out over time. The ONLY solution for this is with loctite, which I apply regardless of the brand of trigger.

Quote:
Kind of leaning towards the PGC/Pro-Win kit right now though. I've gotten the impression that the finish is better on the latter.
You realize PGC and Pro-Win is the exact same company, right?
Old March 21st, 2011, 14:01   #974
intinerious

Quote:

Quote:
Almost all triggers I've worked with will experience this issue to some degree. The screws can and will back themselves out over time. The ONLY solution for this is with loctite, which I apply regardless of the brand of trigger.
I've got a NOVA three-hole trigger and they back out as well, just like Illusion said. I've remedied mine using those types of white glue used for wood-model construction since I didn't have loctite at hand. A dab of white glue seem to hold the screw well enough. The only issue would be because of the thickness of the glue, you'll have to wipe a lot of it off your trigger after you've placed the screw back into the trigger itself.
intinerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 17:04   #975
fyra

Quote:
You realize PGC and Pro-Win is the exact same company, right?
Well, yeah. Just wrote both, since it's around with both names.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications