Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 29th, 2011, 08:06   #931
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Just a heads up to anyone interested in using a BlueForceGear Redi-Mod on their WE - the mags will not seat correctly

The feed-lips of the WE mags hit the top of of the magazine housing and won't allow for the mag to fully seat and lock in place.

The only solution I see is cutting out a little "window" in the top of the magazine housing - but this would expose bbs and the mags feed-lip, negating a major positive aspect of the Redi-Mag -
which is keeping your magazine protected from the elements, dirt and overall damage.

Last edited by MilanWG; December 29th, 2011 at 08:08..
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 16:25   #932
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
short answer is yes. Same with AEGs...but with a GBBR you have the bolt essentially pounding on the chamber/barrel...which would add stress to an already stressed part. There's more than one person who has ended up with cracked receiver threads...either from over tightening, or over tightening and then eventual failure.

If you take a close look at the stock out of the box setup, you'll note that there is an o-ring set on the out barrel and it's captured by the delta ring. That ring is there (IMO) for two reasons...1) to provide a "squish" fit for tightening things down...2) to provide a bit of a bumper to take up shock (this one is a fuzzy guess).

I've run many rounds with the front end built up with 1) oring...2) AEG barrel shims...3) nothing. Currently I run it with an oring in place.
It's running with an O-Ring in place, and it doesn't take too much force to tighten it even more, so I should be okay.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 18:11   #933
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

if my memory serves me right the WE AR platforms guns can use the following real steel parts without any additional modifications:

Buffer tube
Selector switch
Grip
Magpul ASAP sling loop and other similar things
RIS (?)
Bolt catch
Mag catch
Buffer tube spring and the buffer (not sure what it's called sorry)
Upper receiver
Charging handle

Just want to see if I am missing from my list. Any input is greatly appriciated. Im looking to upgrade my T91 with some real steel M4 parts
Old January 18th, 2012, 18:20   #934
Ballcancer

Some of your list is correct, but some isn't

You will need to modify the following if you want it to work correctly with a WE:

Selector switch ( I believe you have to modify the selector plate for it to work properly , Upper reciever (the trigger box needs to be cut down to allow for a RS upper to fit, the charging handle, and a real bolt catch wont work as the WE bolt catch is different from a RS bolt catch. You can use a RS buffer spring, but I don't know if your bolt will lock back, you probably wont get a full mag off and your cool down with be the worst.
Old January 18th, 2012, 18:24   #935
Qlong
Division

A note on a few of the items you suggested for your WE.

Selector switch, no mods but most are semi auto only, if you use one, your WE will be limited to that only. You can purchase an auto/semi safety but you will need to modify your sear and auto sear.

Mag release, because the top of the WE mags are flat and not contoured like a real magazine, you will have to press the mag release to insert a magazine. Otherwise you need to grind or machine down some material off the mag release.

Upper Receiver, mechbox needs to be machined down, hop-up chamber 3 and 9 O'clock tabs needs to be shaved off.

Charging Handle, Eh, depends on brand, USGI/standard charging handles will probably need to have a pin inserted into it to properly grab the bolt carrier. I would pin the bolt carrier, a cheaper part. Ultor/BCM grabs the bolt with no problems.

Bolt catch, completely different design.

Weee!

Last edited by Qlong; January 18th, 2012 at 18:32..
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 18:49   #936
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I need to replace my hopup rubber, any suggestions on where to get a replacement or sizings?
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 18:54   #937
Ballcancer

Just talk to frank at toronto airsoft, he usually has some canabolized guns that he can sell parts out of, that or jugglez may sell some of the AWSS hop ups still
Old January 18th, 2012, 19:02   #938
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
Just talk to frank at toronto airsoft, he usually has some canabolized guns that he can sell parts out of, that or jugglez may sell some of the AWSS hop ups still
Yeah, I should call them, it's probably about time I stuck in the RA-Tech upgrades as well, my gun is stock with the exception of that NPAS
Old January 18th, 2012, 19:07   #939
Ballcancer

Yea, I know that the stinger hop up that came with my Ratech up grade kit isnt supposed to be that good.. if you are looking to upgrade the hop up unit and inner barrel at the same time, apparently the falcon unit is supposed to be pretty good, I have no idea where to get it though... I keep my stinger rubber as a back up just in case though.
Old January 18th, 2012, 19:22   #940
Eien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
I need to replace my hopup rubber, any suggestions on where to get a replacement or sizings?
Open bolt I assume? If it is, VSR rubbers will work. I'm currently using a Firefly soft rubber.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:59   #941
ACCL

Is the WE PDW ambi selector switch compatible with WE M4. Any know or have tried? Everywhere I look and ambi selector for WE m4 platforms are sold out. Only by looks I am gonna guess it is compatible. Correct me if I'm wrong here folks.
Old January 19th, 2012, 13:02   #942
Qlong
Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCL View Post
Is the WE PDW ambi selector switch compatible with WE M4. Any know or have tried? Everywhere I look and ambi selector for WE m4 platforms are sold out. Only by looks I am gonna guess it is compatible. Correct me if I'm wrong here folks.
Tried it, it does work, but the PDW lower is thicker and the levers awkwardly sticks 2mm out each side.

Weee!

Last edited by Qlong; January 19th, 2012 at 13:04..
Old January 19th, 2012, 13:06   #943
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien View Post
Open bolt I assume? If it is, VSR rubbers will work. I'm currently using a Firefly soft rubber.
You'd assume wrong, I got my WETTI way before the open bolts came out, and I have no interest in switching over to the Open Bolt system
Old January 19th, 2012, 13:15   #944
ACCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlong View Post
Tried it, it does work, but the PDW lower is thicker and the levers awkwardly sticks 2mm out each side.
Dammit. I guess I'll keep looking....
Not even airsoft global or ROSV has them. I might be SOL
Old January 19th, 2012, 14:17   #945
Qlong
Division

You can always get the TSC ambi safety.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/t-s-c-amb...bb-series.html

Weee!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications