Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 29th, 2011, 13:53   #901
shaharov

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
I've just found this problem on the nozzle bended a bit since the O-ring broken and got stuck. Do you nozzle straight?
Thanks n-force and good info. Mines an open chamber though
Old July 29th, 2011, 14:08   #902
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
What are the steps/procedure to repairing the white spacer in my WE M4 bolt which has moved out of place?

Tom had previously super-glued it into place last time this happened - where do I re-apply the glue when doing the fix again?

Thanks - much appreciated!
The top sides of the white.
Mine kept moving during Op Rhino. Was a pain to keep moving it back after every mag.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:34   #903
shaharov

Scar Jam

Had an interesting Jam today... I think it was just excessive wear on the bolt so the hammer roller was not rolling but basically the bolt was jamming in the fully open position and fully closed position. By Jamming I mean that the bolt was solid and there was no movemnent no matter what I did. It only released when I removed the lower reciever and seemed to cycle fine with out it but would jam when put back on. Also if I took out the hammer (rest of the trigger assembly was in place) the gun would cycle fine but when I put the hammer in it would jam again. I filed down the bottom of the bolt and it seems to be working better, but time will tell. Has any one else encountered this before?
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:07   #904
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharov View Post
Has any one else encountered this before?

yes. the bearing on the hammer fell out when I had this problem. Does your hammer look damaged? And does the bearing spin freely? And do you grease the bottom of your bolt that comes into contact with the bearing?
Old July 31st, 2011, 22:14   #905
R1ghty

Guys, Whats the difference between:

Quote:
FALCON VS-Z Double Point Hop Up Barrel System for WE M16A3 GBB (509mm)
AND
Quote:
FALCON VS-Z Double Point Hop Up Barrel System for WE M4/416/T91 GBB (363mm)
Other than length, Is there any difference between the internals?

VA lists the bolt:
Quote:
WE Full Steel Bolt - M4/M16/T91/4168
So I'd guess they are the same. Only difference would be the mags, correct?
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:30   #906
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharov View Post
Thanks n-force and good info. Mines an open chamber though
since I've changing the close bolt to open, and also the RA NPAS steel bolt carrier open just to now, still all three of them having the same problem. I believe most likely is the triggle set. That's it for now...

PS: Love the open bolt carrier on the M4, kick ass... even the PDW one (must be with RA NPAS steel bolt carrier), so solid. Should have them all in day one.

Last edited by N_Force; August 10th, 2011 at 10:35..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 19:22   #907
N_Force

Finally the PDW open chamber auto firing problem is fixed because of the trigger set. I have a spare one from M4 since I switched it to open, exchanged the hammer, trigger and the sear all 3 pieces, then it works so great and firing sounds awesome. Now I can enjoy the shooting but not just worry about how to fix it. For sure I'll have to do is have all those 3 pieces exchange to RA parts to make it a bit longer lasting.

Last edited by N_Force; August 14th, 2011 at 11:10..
Old August 24th, 2011, 17:24   #908
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

Anyone have this problem where the BB keeps jamming right before the chamber? It happens when I charge the gun or when the gun cycles. This happens on all my mags and quite often too. I have to eject my mag and then pull the charging handle for the jammed BB to drop out and then reinsert the magazine to re-chamber the next round, but even then it sometimes jams again.

I also noticed the loading nozzle usually gets sluggish/stuck right where it passes over the rubber part on the magazine. I suspect that the lower front part of the nozzle is rubbing on the the rubber piece of the magazine. I've sanded down that part on the nozzle and there's a bit of improvement, but the problem still occurs so I'll try to sand it down even more.

I'm just wondering if it's like that for any of you guys or is there no friction there?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0961.JPG (257.5 KB, 347 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0966.JPG (183.8 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg 2ebzurq.jpg (222.6 KB, 346 views)
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 17:28   #909
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Id say your 2 problems are related.. the bolt is getting slowed as it approaches the feed ramp.. and so the bb has time to pop out of the mag and miss the chamber

Fix the bolt rubbing issue and I expect the bb Jams will go away
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:07   #910
N_Force

I'm wondering, on this picture, there is an opening on the metal part of the bolt, it should have a plastic piece in there, do you have it? Missing it could cause problem.

[QUOTE=Stealthee;1522298]Anyone have this problem where the BB keeps jamming right before the chamber? It happens when I charge the gun or when the gun cycles. This happens on all my mags and quite often too. I have to eject my mag and then pull the charging handle for the jammed BB to drop out and then reinsert the magazine to re-chamber the next round, but even then it sometimes jams again.

front part of the nozzle is rubbing on the the rubber piece of the magazine. I've sanded down that part on the nozzle and there's a bit of improvement, but the problem still occurs so I'll try to sand it down even more.

I'm just wondering if it's like that for any of you guys or is there no friction there?

Old August 25th, 2011, 11:40   #911
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
I'm wondering, on this picture, there is an opening on the metal part of the bolt, it should have a plastic piece in there, do you have it? Missing it could cause problem.
Oh no it's there, I was disassembling my bolt carrier when I took the picture.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 14:48   #912
Cammer

Due to the lack of NPASs being available I thought I would try the o-ring thing on my open bolt 416. I found an o-ring the same diameter as the floating valve. I washed both the valve and the oring with brake kleen so there was no oil or silicone on them. With the nossle standing upright I put two drops of medium thickness CA glue on it and then placed the o-ring on and gave it a turn to evenly distribute the glue. After a five minute dry time I assembled everthing and gave it a try. Before the gun shot a solid 420 with .20 bbs. now with the o-ring in place it shoots 348 - 354. I will probably never buy another NPAS for my WE open bolts. Whoever came up with this tip needs to have a beer or two bought for him, it definitely does what it needs to.
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 00:42   #913
turok_t

Ive tried and owned both the open and closed both system for the WE M4. When the gun fires, sometimes gas is discharged from the ejection port. This reduces the gas efficiency and I hate to waste gas, especially when more is needed to cycle a steel bolt. Any remedies for this issue?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:44   #914
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Ive tried and owned both the open and closed both system for the WE M4. When the gun fires, sometimes gas is discharged from the ejection port. This reduces the gas efficiency and I hate to waste gas, especially when more is needed to cycle a steel bolt. Any remedies for this issue?
Gas coming out side of your piston? Probably worned out o-ring?

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 14:35   #915
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Gas coming out side of your piston? Probably worned out o-ring?
You mean the o ring at the back if the air nozzle that slides within the bolt? Naw, it's a perfectly new open bolt system. When the air nozzle begins to retract with the bolt, gas continues to be discharged from the magazine until the bolt retracts far enough to disengage the fire pin delay via the hammer. The same thing also happens with the AWSS closed bolt system with the air nozzle/NPAS
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications