Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Grande Prairie Army Cadets

:

Canadian

Old December 29th, 2007, 14:23   #76
jo

my boyfriend was in 2 commando from 90- 93 i use the pegasus avatar cause its hump or jump. he finds it offensive when people play airborne when they havent earned it. but i guess you cant stop it. what are we gonna do go to everyones house and beat them all up. it s like walking up a down esculator. although mike L is 100% correct on this.
jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 14:33   #77
Brit ter

Hey I go around in full British combat kit when I show off the abbot but I have written permission by the British ministry of defence.
Old December 29th, 2007, 14:53   #78
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo View Post
my boyfriend was in 2 commando from 90- 93 i use the pegasus avatar cause its hump or jump. he finds it offensive when people play airborne when they havent earned it. but i guess you cant stop it. what are we gonna do go to everyones house and beat them all up. it s like walking up a down esculator. although mike L is 100% correct on this.

In reading this entire thread one has to remember that this is an airsoft forum. Everyone is here because of a common shared interest in airsoft and perhaps all things airsoft related. This includes impressions of military units throughout the world. I think that impressionism is a great form of flattery especially if a great amount of research is done to make a individual knowledgable on the subject of impression at hand.

Having said this, I have served a great number of years in the military myself, travelled the world, worked with many dedicated professionals some of which have died in armed confict. I respect all military individuals to the highest degree, and if I can show some degree of respect to these individuals through portrayal of their units through airsoft impressionism then so I will. Also, because of my service in the Military, does this make me any different then those airsoft impressionists who have not served? I feel as long as these people are not trying to be something they are not, then I have no problem with it.

Just my two cents.

Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 05:20   #79
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAirborne View Post
HOLY HELL YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL OUT!!!
WHO CARES? QUIT TRYING TO INSULT EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE SAYS AND DOES!!!
you guys are worse than those nerds that spend all day insulting movies on the internet and world of warcraft!
it touches me deep down you joined our forum just to say that thank you now i can go gouge out my eyes with a spoon

Last edited by Bowers; January 3rd, 2008 at 02:06..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:10   #80
Lucrius

Sorry to post so late, seeing how this thread is kind of going another direction, but as it isn't closed yet....

Cadets over the years progresssivley receeds from its former structure. As for tactical training, it is possible for some cadets to get real CF lessons taught to them. I have witnessed some cadets from Ottawa, located right across the road from NDHQ learn all sorts of CF lessons, As well it depends on the regiment. The reserve regiment I was a part of was not very reputable, and isolated. The cadets would go on FTX's with the unit, though not carrying weapons, they would take part. Not to say that Cadets is anyway a springboard to being 'tactical' As I think this was rare, and would more likely happen many, many years ago. For someone to recently claim to have tactical experience due to cadets may be a product of hopeful imagination. Not to bash Cadets, as in the regiment I was with, the city in which it was located was full of scum, abusive parents etc. The cadet corps turned these kids around, and sent most of them to the military or the regiment in which they were affiliated. As for the officers, a few were former military soldiers from the CF and one from a foreign military. So, I guess it was possible for cadets on the rarest of occasions, and in an extremely small number to actually learn something about soldiering, however slight. However depending on the age of the original poster... I am guessing his 'tactical training' will have no bearing on his ability to play airsoft, should he ever.

As for "McAirborne" ..... Enough has already been said and I'm glad it has..
Old October 8th, 2008, 00:14   #81
Muxlow

Send a message via MSN to Muxlow
Iv got "tactical training" too. I watched Band of Brothers alot
I was in cadets for 9 years too.. Never got any of that training you speak of. Got to play with some rifles n such.
Dont see how having any "training" would make you a better player at all in a non life threatning fake war game. Any ole joe off the street could jump in the sport and blow anyone away not knowing anything.. Seen that before during paintball games. My team took down some "top knotch" paintball teams and none of us had any type of training other then Band o Brothas.
Muxlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:37   #82
JamesBond_007

Send a message via MSN to JamesBond_007
Were you a CIC officer for the last part?

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
JamesBond_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 17:55   #83
airborneboi69

Send a message via MSN to airborneboi69
well not to bash cadets as im an ex cadet myself with 7 years served and 3 continous years in the service as a deploying soldier in 09 omlt cadets do in some instances recieved military training in my case i was in gagetown attached with 2 rcr and we were given the oppurtunity to do section attacks''dry runs no blanks'' and some house clearing style training, this training is extremely evident even at todays date with cadets on exchanges over seas ex'' maple leaf exchange, cadets get to assist in british armed forces training which includes section attacks with full pyrotechnics, and blanks firing of support wepons and various small arms L85 GPMG l96 etc...

other exchanges include germany and wales which include similar training.

So to conclude although most cadets do not recieve such training people in some key positions and courses do recieve '' tactical training'' which may in some way be beneficial to the sport but should not exceed their ''expertise'' in such feilds im an armoured recce soldier qualified para doing the job of an infanteer at 3rd bat vandoo and trust me what i ''thought I knew '' was a very big slap in the face lolol
Old February 18th, 2009, 19:15   #84
camspring

Mike-L, you are in fact a huge dick. Note, you do not have one, you are one.
camspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 19:54   #85
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by camspring View Post
Mike-L, you are in fact a huge dick. Note, you do not have one, you are one.

But in all seriousness theres no reason to bring up an old thread just to try to insult me.. you aren't contributing to this tread, etc. If you have something to say to me PM me. And also please be a bit more mature an don't try to insult me with a weak line like that
Old February 18th, 2009, 20:00   #86
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

That insult sounded like something you'd hear in grade school
Old February 18th, 2009, 21:16   #87
Danke

I read this whole thread as I killed my diner and ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I think the new post is totally raises the game in this thread. Up till now it was folks talking about playing hide the glowstick or their boyfriends other hobbies.

Now it's on!
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:01   #88
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Are you proposing an epic picture rebuttle thread to ensue?
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:17   #89
Wilson

One of those "ultra-commando" cadets that I grew up with is now in Afghanistan as a reg-force armoured soldier. I was never in cadets myself, just looked like a whole lot of drill and no real fun.
Old February 18th, 2009, 22:40   #90
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Holy-Thread-Resurrection, Batman!!!
I can't believe I had to quote myself here.

Now, where's that picture of a beating a dead horse?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian