Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old February 18th, 2010, 07:05   #736
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
On the topic ozzie brought up I just have to ask him one thing:\

You say the people who worked hard to earn the right to wear those badges will get upset. Just because one wears the badge doesn't mean he gets to do the work involved with bearing the patch and it would only hold merit while a serving member is on active duty. If an impressionist wants to portray a certain look then that patch can be the difference between a generic infantry soldier and an advanced SF member, thus negating any attempt to portray the appreciation for portraying the SF instead of a generic soldier.

Personally, I'd be flattered if someone who is part of a milsim group (like airsoft) thinks so highly of that group that he would go the extra mile to locate spare patches of certain SF units as an homage. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. Until someone who has actually served in an SF unit has a problem with someone kitting up (patches and all) then its a non-issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 08:48   #737
heikis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
On the topic ozzie brought up I just have to ask him one thing:\

You say the people who worked hard to earn the right to wear those badges will get upset. Just because one wears the badge doesn't mean he gets to do the work involved with bearing the patch and it would only hold merit while a serving member is on active duty. If an impressionist wants to portray a certain look then that patch can be the difference between a generic infantry soldier and an advanced SF member, thus negating any attempt to portray the appreciation for portraying the SF instead of a generic soldier.

Personally, I'd be flattered if someone who is part of a milsim group (like airsoft) thinks so highly of that group that he would go the extra mile to locate spare patches of certain SF units as an homage. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. Until someone who has actually served in an SF unit has a problem with someone kitting up (patches and all) then its a non-issue.
Please get familiar with the stickies at MP.NET: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...soft-Paintball
You should really read the stickies about
POSING: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing
Using military speciality names for airsoft teams: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...-airsoft-teams

All hell breaks loose if someone is spotted with un-earned patches over there. Wonder why?
So that you'll know- the rules aren't made by airsofters. Are you a poser??

My pet peeve: Pictures of airsofters with all those blacked out faces etc is utterly stupid and lame. And i truly hate posers

Last edited by heikis; February 18th, 2010 at 08:54..
heikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:04   #738
Forever_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by heikis View Post

My pet peeve: Pictures of airsofters with all those blacked out faces etc is utterly stupid and lame. And i truly hate posers
Hang on though, I know a guy who is into some type of work which requires he blurs out his face if it's taken at say an Airsoft event.

Sure some people may do it for shits and giggles, but not everyone does.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:16   #739
heikis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Hang on though, I know a guy who is into some type of work which requires he blurs out his face if it's taken at say an Airsoft event.

Sure some people may do it for shits and giggles, but not everyone does.
Shits and giggles- that's what I'm talking about:
"O when you are doing the pictures to get that SF look blank out the face and then people could beleave your a part of the UKSF.
Did you read this thread to get the look."

Something from another forum I read :banghead:
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:28   #740
Caboose03
Age Verification revoked - Trade Dispute

oh i really hate it when people call them self airsoft"snipers" but have no idea what a hop-up is ..lol
Caboose03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:55   #741
Jimski

The beige
BBW: beautiful beige warriors
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:04   #742
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose03 View Post
oh i really hate it when people call them self airsoft"snipers" but have no idea what a hop-up is ..lol
real pro airsofters that play in pro games and use pro-grade guns call it by its more technical name, the BAXS system
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:33   #743
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by heikis View Post
Please get familiar with the stickies at MP.NET: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...soft-Paintball
You should really read the stickies about
POSING: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing
Using military speciality names for airsoft teams: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...-airsoft-teams

All hell breaks loose if someone is spotted with un-earned patches over there. Wonder why?
So that you'll know- the rules aren't made by airsofters. Are you a poser??

Technically...yes. When we play airsoft we ALL are posers to an extent. Denying that is just fucking dumb. We are posing as soldiers, law enforcement, terrorists, etc... at the games we play. Some of us may actually be that role in the real world as well. But the majority aren't and find the appeal of being able to "pose" as someone from SAS or JTF2 or *insert SF group* a lot of fun. If they go around claiming to actually be an SAS/whatever then yeah I can understand the concern here, but if its purely for airsoft then whats the problem? I'd love to hear the reason why, other than "you won't understand" like our friend ozzie up there. Someone please shed some light on this so us "posers" can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:38   #744
Forever_kaos

Aslong as you don't go boasting "I earned these patches bitches!" I see no problem with it.

Question for you regarding Ozzie/Heikis... What about WW2 reenactors? Do they really have to travel back in time to earn whatever ranks/patches they wear in present day?
Or how do you say that should work?

Really curious about that.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; February 18th, 2010 at 10:42..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:15   #745
heikis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Aslong as you don't go boasting "I earned these patches bitches!" I see no problem with it.

Question for you regarding Ozzie/Heikis... What about WW2 reenactors? Do they really have to travel back in time to earn whatever ranks/patches they wear in present day?
Or how do you say that should work?

Really curious about that.
hm read this thread: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...h-airsofters**

there is actually the exact answer to your question:
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...=1#post4760643
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:45   #746
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Perhaps the issue of people claiming to be something are not is more prevalent in other parts of the world. This isn't the case in Canadaand this being airsoft canada and all, it doesn't really relate. I've yet to meet or see anyone at a game that claimed to be an actual SF member.

*edit* Lol that military photos site is jokes, thanks for sharing that!

Last edited by pusangani; February 18th, 2010 at 11:49..
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:13   #747
shiftsup

militaryphotos.net is a funny site.

As long as that site has a paintball / airsoft discussion thread on that site will always be frustration with "posers".

I find it humourous that someone would use their stickys as almost a "law" that goes beyond that site. I don't think that is a realistic expectation.

If somebody wants to take their airsoft look to another level then be my guest. As with most anything else in the real world you can do what you like. However, don't expect everyone to like it.

As far as posting pics on the net of oneself as a "faux" soldier past or present goes, don't expect everyone to approve.

IMHO any airsoft look / impression should just stay on the playing field. I am not a big fan of airsoft pics or videos anyway (just because I find them boring as there are so few women in the pics)

While I am sure some people playing army dressup have made false claims I have never met one. And that type of behaviour shouldn't be encouraged.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; February 18th, 2010 at 12:17..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:49   #748
Caboose03
Age Verification revoked - Trade Dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
real pro airsofters that play in pro games and use pro-grade guns call it by its more technical name, the BAXS system
thank you ur right I should make it a habit to use the technical terms more offten, Im not gona call myseft pro becouse I do not attend pro-games (cant find any in my area..I could look alot harder too) Id like to think my TM AUG a2 commado is in the high grade weapons, Id like to atend pro-games to get a better feel for other guns. only guns I have an undieing refusal to use is Systema ( not saying there is anything wrong with them) I just dont have a deep enough wallet if u know what i mean..lol..
Caboose03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:50   #749
Strelok

There was a huge shitfit over this topic a while back in the ACU boards.

https://secure.airsoftcanada.com/sho...=19891&page=24

Starts at Post 357.

I also hate people that are serious hypocrites with their 'standards'.

Last edited by Strelok; February 18th, 2010 at 12:56..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 13:06   #750
shiftsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
There was a huge shitfit over this topic a while back in the ACU boards.

https://secure.airsoftcanada.com/sho...=19891&page=24

Starts at Post 357.

I also hate people that are serious hypocrites with their 'standards'.
Yeah I recall stumbling on that "shitfit" and others awhile back.

I agree that if you're gonna call somebody out for something you might want to be squeaky clean beforehand.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General