TM - G18C Threaded Barrell

Check out this post for more info;

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...6&postcount=21

Gordo
Old February 17th, 2011, 13:51   #62
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlong View Post
Composite frame + some JB weld/Epoxy inside the frame right in the recess behind the screw post should do the trick, helps prevent unwanted torsional forces in the post.
You can do it with the stock TM frame too, but yeah thats essentially what I did.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 15:17   #63
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

I tried disassembling my lower frame today just to get used to taking it apart for future upgrades. I successfully removed the slide lock, the rear internals (not sure if I was supposed to), unscrewed the screw in the front end of the frame. But that's it. I'm not sure what else to do.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 16:11   #64
Qlong
Division

Here are a couple of videos I made on the assembly of the TM G18C on another thread http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...60#post1390560

Just do it backwards lol.

YouTube - TM Glock reassemble

YouTube - TM Glock Assembly detail

Weee!

Last edited by Qlong; February 17th, 2011 at 16:15..
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 16:11   #65
RacingManiac

To pop the guts out of the TM Glock, you need to remove the 2 screws, take down lever, trigger pin, and the rear cross pin that pinned the hammer/striker mechanism. The front and rear portion can then be slide out with the trigger bar linking the 2 of them.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old February 17th, 2011, 17:58   #66
Old School Punk

Hey Qlong, GREAT VIDEOS!!! Thanks for sharing those with us.

Any chance that you would consider doing a disassembly or reassembly video for the slide on a Tokyo Marui G18C ??

It would sure be helpful if you would make one for us.

Thanks again

Gordo
Old February 17th, 2011, 23:33   #67
Reckless

oi! ...

guess I need to do that screw post reinforcement... I've got well over 1K rnds on mine ... on propane.. in and out of the carbine.

but it was cold... like.. between 5 and 15ish degrees from morning to early evening (aka couple game days... as a primary)

on a side note... TM G18C in a Roni carbine, check the clearance at the front of the slide. I've got a couple dimples at the top front edges of my slide now and occasionaly I'd get a single round fire "foul" trying to do full auto bursts as the slide bumped again the inside of the roni before it could cycle again.

was so far only a nuisance (nothing broken) ... but it did get me dead a couple times LOL

so far all I've got is a 6.0 TK twist inner barrel , and a firefly hop rubber.

shiney evil chrome/silver metal slide, metal outter, buffered multi stage recoil spring, and compensator are in the works/on the way

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes

Last edited by Reckless; February 17th, 2011 at 23:37..
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 00:25   #68
bareass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

on a side note... TM G18C in a Roni carbine, check the clearance at the front of the slide. I've got a couple dimples at the top front edges of my slide now and occasionaly I'd get a single round fire "foul" trying to do full auto bursts as the slide bumped again the inside of the roni before it could cycle again.
i'll be sure to keep this in mind when mine comes in.
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 16:21   #69
Combine

I'm having trouble getting the BBU out of my TM glock 18c gbb.

I followed all the steps above....

I took out the selector switch, all the base plates/springs and managed to not lose the tiny ball and spring for the selector switch.

So I am at the part where it should just come out...and it seems to want to when I bend the slide a bit....but its stuck in there real good.

I'm afraid to flex the plastic slide too much in case it breaks.

I will keep trying but as far as I can see there are no more parts to take out so i dont know why its stuck in there good....
Old March 16th, 2011, 19:02   #70
Combine

Okay well I managed to get the BBU out.

Turns out the plastic slide doesn't let it drop freely after disassembly, you really do need to torque the slide to let it out. I applied force in the right places (using the backplate helps a lot) and managed to squeeze it out.

Unfortunately, after I took it out and reversed the steps to place it back into my guarder metal slide...the gun doesnt work.

I poped in a fresh mag, and it just goes "pop" and nothing happens. It "pops" everytime I rack the slide...and when I tried the magazine in my KJ Glock 27 it worked like a charm. So I know there is gas in the mag....and my gun is functioning perfectly (as in all the switches and levers do what they should) ...then why wont it shoot? Guarder made this slide especially for TM....

Hammer spring maybe?

EDIT

Actually I think its not working because I managed to fuck up putting it back together... I just looked at the EhobbyAsia video of them comparing the TM 18c to the KSC and in the shots of both slides upside down, I could clearly tell that a spring visible on my slide is not visible on their slide...

I really wish we had a full guide on how to take apart the slide...but i will try and use the manual to see if I can figure it out.

EDIT 2

Okay so I fixed the slide by putting that spring in the right place. Turns out exploded view in the manual is really helpful.

The thing is, even though I successfully transferred the guts to the guarder slide, it still doesn't shoot...just that small little pop.

Anyone know if the TM glock 18c with metal slide refuses to shoot without a 150% hammer spring? I have one and will put it on in the hope it works...I heard that disassembling the trigger part of the Glock is really hard.

Last edited by Combine; March 16th, 2011 at 20:38..
Combine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 20:40   #71
RacingManiac

On stock hammer spring mine will light strike when temperature gets anywhere remotely close to 20C....

I am running 150% hammer spring on all my TM Glocks...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old March 16th, 2011, 22:30   #72
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
if you going for a gbb glock 18c id think you should go with the marui one, my brother "Noveske" has the KSC one and it has many problems with it.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 17:24   #73
Combine

Ok so today I went at it and tried to put on my 150% hammer spring in the glock.

So I took apart the hammer assembly quite easily...all I did was unscrew the little screw at the back...pop out both frame pins.....then lifted out the slide catch and the hammer assembly.

I took it apart one by one by popping out the top pin that holds the hammer and hammer spring in place as well as this center latch sorta thing. Then I popped out the lower pin that held this silver arm piece in and another spring in place. I swapped in my 150% spring and put it all back together and....it doesn't work!

The hammer wont raise anymore, it just remains in cocked position (flat with the rails of the frame).

I swapped back in the original hammer spring and...no luck it wont work either.

So basically I gave up and just put back the 150% spring in sad hopes that it will fix itself.

I took some pictures and when I find my usb cable i will upload so maybe you guys can help me see if I had all the pieces in right order...

so sad, just got this glock 18c and it dont even work...all cuz of this stupid metal slide.
Old March 18th, 2011, 01:25   #74
turok_t

When I took out my apart for the first time, I took out pictures incase if i messed up the trigger assembly. It served as reference pictures for me.. i was installing a guarder 150% recoil and hammer spring, 150% nozzle spring, floating valve, and replaced the air nozzle with a harder one since my stock one cracked.. neways, maybe these pictures will be of assistance to you.

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:58   #75
Combine

Hey Turok,

Thanks a lot man for posting those pictures.

I actually took some pictures of my assembly before I did anything too it in case I needed some reference photos (great minds think alike I guess haha).

And now that you posted yours I know that my assembly looks just like that! I made triple sure that I had every piece on the exploded diagram and I do...everything is in order...just the hammer won't uncock.

I might have to go buy a new usb cable for my camera to hook it up to my comp but when I do I will post a video of my problem. I would be glad to take photos of any part of the TM glock 18c for anyone who needs some.

I will try to make it a quick but detailed video showing the problem.

I'm sure this is an easy fix...If I have all the parts well installed and nothing missing, im sure someone can figure out why the hammer wont operate.

Also, in case I never manage to get this to work, anyone know of any Airsoft Gunsmiths? or if Velocity arms do repairs?

Thanks for all the help guys, so glad to be a part of this community.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion