Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 11th, 2014, 19:40   #646
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
Guys know where you can get the guarder full tune up kit in stock? I saw the kit for the g17 is it compatible with the g18c? Thanks guys for all your help
Airsoft Global was the only few places that carried them regularly.
Check them?

...and no, they are not compatible as Turok_T pointed out.
Old February 11th, 2014, 19:45   #647
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Unless....
I get them in
Dont let them about our secret stash!

BTW, I need to ask you soemthing, check your phone..

Last edited by turok_t; October 6th, 2017 at 21:56..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 19:53   #648
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Yeah, thats why im not a big fan of guarder steel slides, its so sluggish and can't even clean out another magazine. It might seem "cool" to have a steel slide just like a real glock, but practically, not so efficient for airsoft. Stick with aluminum alloy if you want the best performance.
It's the long one though; it makes me feel like a Bond villain.
Old February 11th, 2014, 19:55   #649
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
They are prohibited to be imported as it is classified as the frame/receiver of the gun. Not only that, but since the glock is the most commonly used by canadian enforcement, CBSA can spot it right away if you try to import it, and it will be confiscated.
Actually I beg to differ on that at least with the OD or TAN lower. I have ordered 2 on different occasions. The first time I did as a test and the border agency opened it and they looked at it and tapped back the enveloppe and they shipped it to me. It is written on the guarder package that it's a toy and all... There was no way that I would be getting riped off 90$ for a guarder frame, that's 3 times the HK price. In my last shipment from ehobby they did not even open the box.

I cant believe how people can accept to be ripped off so easily....samething regarding guns I saw a package from wgc airsoft in HK brought in by a retailer. On the package it had a chart mentionning fps that were all above the fps
Limit of 366 fps with a stock Marui GBB...my ass...its completely false and the border does not check the fps...
Old February 11th, 2014, 19:58   #650
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdalex View Post
Actually I beg to differ on that at least with the OD or TAN lower. I have ordered 2 on different occasions. The first time I did as a test and the border agency opened it and they looked at it and tapped back the enveloppe and they shipped it to me. It is written on the guarder package that it's a toy and all... There was no way that I would be getting riped off 90$ for a guarder frame, that's 3 times the HK price. In my last shipment from ehobby they did not even open the box.

I cant believe how people can accept to be ripped off so easily....samething regarding guns I saw a package from wgc airsoft in HK brought in by a retailer. On the package it had a chart mentionning fps that were all above the fps
Limit of 366 fps with a stock Marui GBB...my ass...its completely false and the border does not check the fps...
Wow! You got the frames through, i guess it depends on which CBSA agent you receive and which port of entry into Canada. For users in Ontario, our items usually land at mississauga or vancouver customs. Mind you though, you can also put a real glock frame into a bag and label it as a toy so just because the bag is labelled "toy" doesn't really indicate anything, and there is no proof or evidence that the glock frame is to be used on a glock that shoots >366fps. But, I guess you are very lucky. However, I wouldn't bank on these two instances as something that is regular or permittable.

Any comments about importing your own glock frames Eluder? I can see you are itching to contribute your 2 cents

Last edited by turok_t; February 11th, 2014 at 20:03..
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:11   #651
Jagd
Jagdalex

I am sure you can bring OD ones or TAN one no prob the front post screw and all it is obvious on top of the guarder original packaging that it is a toy and that it cant be used on a real Glock...but hey if you prefer getting ripped off 90$ a piece...it's up to you. It was no luck btw..they opened the letter looked at the frame but it back in and tapped it back with their own tape withbthe border agency logo on it
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:12   #652
turok_t

Quote:
I am sure you can bring OD ones or TAN one no prob the front post screw and all it is obvious on top of the guarder original packaging that it is a toy and that it cant be used on a real Glock...but hey if you prefer getting ripped off 90$ a piece...it's up to you. It was no luck btw..they opened the letter looked at the frame but it back in and tapped it back with their own tape withbthe border agency logo on it
We don't pay $90 here for a frame......
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:14   #653
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcNair View Post
i am sorry i did not mention that i have a DRS from the factory (all my questions are almost ALWAYS based solely on a G26/G27 as i like subcompacts (see my sig), and of course have upgraded it to a Guarder Stainless/Brass guide rod assembly, and have a polished factory unit as well. i just took this pic to illustrate (i'm terribly visual as a whole, so sorry for all the pics.)

my question was based on an idea of slide return: i don't so much care about the strength of the front screw post on the frame, nor am i using anything for competition of any sort. i simply plink, and build these for my son. he loves them, and i love tinkering: win win if you ask me!

back to the reason for my question: i LOVE a HARD HITTING slide as it returns to battery. Having owned many a RS (G26, G27, PPS 9mm, PT111 Mil Pro 3rd gen, XD sub compact 9, Hi Point C9, SR9c, etc) one of my all time favorite features of a side arm is the positive, heavy THUD of a slide returning into battery after loading, releasing the slide lock, etc.

now, that does certainly add an amount of vanity to my firearm experience, but the real reason is the forward motion of a slide can actually cause a person to drop a pistol easily, as the natural purchase on said pistol is less monitored by (let's just say, a 10 yr old child learning proper firearm control and safety) the user as recoil is absorbed by a stronger hold on the grip. (i hope this makes sense)

with all that being said, i would like this pistol to INCREASE the forward "COIL" (if RE- Coil is backward movement, i'll use COIL as forward... makes sense to me lol) thus my asking.

The return can only be increased with a stronger spring and heavier slides.
Mass is a big factor when thinking about increasing FELT-recoil.

When dealing with the return, in airsoft terms, increasing the tension of the recoil spring will give you a nice, crisp, high velocity return stroke. If you couple this with a heavier slide set up, you can get a very satisfying "thud" when the slide comes to a halt on the return.

However, if you're slide is too light, a strong spring will dampen the rearward stroke and you won't feel as much on the return (according to Newton's Laws of Motion. The third one if I remember correctly).

I don't think a DRS is ideal for this in the airsoft world considering slides are pretty light to begin with. Especially, if either one of those springs are strong-tensioned spring.

Well, even if both springs were weak and they coiled all the way on the rear stroke, both springs would take up a lot of room on the already shortened recoil rod that it will 1). short stroke the gun and 2). will not provide enough slide travel to maximize the velocity on the return stroke.

Soooo, I think a single spring set up with greater mass slide will get you a good thump on the return stroke....

wonderful. i have the piston head with O-Ring installed you speak of, of course i still have the stock, and guarder versions of the "cup" as well. (these seam to have WAY too narrow a diameter to properly seal the Airsoft Surgeon loading nozzle/BBU. so i never use the stock cup.)

what intrigues me is the length of the head on the G17 aluminum piston position. see the RED section here....

now, this to me fills the rear of the BBH better than what the G26 uses, in turn leaving less OPEN space, and therefore no room for air to go aside from FORWARD to the BB, as well as pushing the BBH (and therefore slide) back with more force. in theory, this could increase not only FPS, but also felt recoil and coil as mentioned above. another win win if my theory is correct.

That section of the BBU is solely meant for use as a guiding system for the loading muzzle when it's moving around in the BBU. It stabilizes it's travel so that the piston head doesn't have a dual job description (stabilizing and sealing).

The piston head is what seal air inside the BBU.

That red section in your link is NOT the piston. Those G-modify BBUs don't come with one. lol.

A better sealing piston head could improve your felt recoil. Yes, I agree. But it won't improve your FPS.

Once gas escapes from the mag, it's funnelled to the BB via the floating valve. At which point, the BB is "blown" out of the barrel. At some point during the BB's travel to exit the barrel, the negative air (or suction) closes the floating valve and whatever gas is left spewing from the magazine is used for the slide action. THis is when the piston shines.

Once the slide begins it's travel, it will trip the firing pin disconnect lever and release the firing pin from the magazine valve stopping the flow of air. Once the slide stops, all that air that is remaining inside the loading muzzle will vent out the way it came from, which is the air intake hole at the bottom. THis is of course you have a piston that absolutely doesn't let a air pass through. lol.

I dunno why I wrote that. I'm just too hungry.

oh, one more thing that JUST HAPPENED....

i was lucky enough to get my slide stuck on the frame. yeah, it appears the hammer/sear are in the upright position, making the slide stuck on. this just occurred as i was taking the photo above.

so now i have to figure out what really made this happen, get it apart, and fix the issue. all this for a darn pic. FML.

THis issue is usually a sign of the bump on the blowback unit being too worn such that it can not push the hammer far enough to interface and make love and kiss and hug and undress the sear

I would check if that bump is still ok. Also, if you're in the mood, I would check to see if your sear/hammer is still able to make love (ahem) or lock unto each other.

Old February 11th, 2014, 20:16   #654
Jagd
Jagdalex

Regarding the 366 fps, I was talking about importing a brand new TM 1911 MEU...not onlybthe frame...and for someone defense how can you allow canadian online retailer store to sell genuine TM and on the other side do not allow to order them from abroad...does not make sense. You just ask the HK to put a false higher than 366 fps shooting report and you are good to go for importation...
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:18   #655
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
We don't pay $90 here for a frame......
Illusion and some other guys and Milsig sells them 90$ a piece ;-)
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:19   #656
e-luder

Quote:
Wow! You got the frames through, i guess it depends on which CBSA agent you receive and which port of entry into Canada. For users in Ontario, our items usually land at mississauga or vancouver customs. Mind you though, you can also put a real glock frame into a bag and label it as a toy so just because the bag is labelled "toy" doesn't really indicate anything, and there is no proof or evidence that the glock frame is to be used on a glock that shoots >366fps. But, I guess you are very lucky. However, I wouldn't bank on these two instances as something that is regular or permittable.

Any comments about importing your own glock frames Eluder? I can see you are itching to contribute your 2 cents
Well....

Pistol frames in general are prohibited items.
I personally don't risk it. Mainly because I don't want to waste my money if they seize it.

Plus, I cross the border too often to have the CBSA search through my shit everytime I'm at the airport.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:20   #657
Jagd
Jagdalex

Btw all my package land in Mississauga or Vancouver too. Might want to start to order your own Glock frame too ! :-)
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:20   #658
turok_t

Quote:
Regarding the 366 fps, I was talking about importing a brand new TM 1911 MEU...not onlybthe frame...and for someone defense how can you allow canadian online retailer store to sell genuine TM and on the other side do not allow to order them from abroad...does not make sense. You just ask the HK to put a false higher than 366 fps shooting report and you are good to go for importation...
That is EXACTLY what they do now. HK retailers put a false label indicating that it shoots >366fps for airsoft guns, which is why CBSA does NOT follow those labels as guides to allow importation. Instead, they search for the manufacture's website for the FPS online. What if they can't find it? Well, they pass it to RCMP for chronograph testing and the gun can be held from 1 week to several months.

In terms of frames, receivers, etc, those are harder to import because there is no evidence that these frames/receivers can shoot >366 fps because there is no internals! You have no proof that these receivers/frames are for guns that shoot >366fps. However, if these frames/receivers are sold with the entire gun, and there is manufacture indication that it shoots >366fps, then it can be imported easier (note I say "easier" because depending on the CBSA agent, your gun can still be kept for further testing even if it is >366fps). Ive asked a dozen of retailer (including my manager) to import only frames/receivers but they still refuse given that the risk for seizure is too high.

Canadian retailers can sell genuine TM pistols that shoot >366fps because they have a special license, or props/business license that allow them to import them to Canada. These pistols are prohibited for importation by end users like us. Other retailers increase the FPS of pistols to shoot >366fps either through an extended inner barrel covered with a mock silencer or use CO2 magazines. THIS is how they get pistols imported into Canada.

If you want to risk being blacklisted, then, by all means, continue to order frames, but I would strongly heed this information before proceeding. In fact, I would be very careful about what you say/post before the admins get here and read this and unleash their wrath. The last thing I want is for this thread to be locked up!

Last edited by turok_t; February 11th, 2014 at 20:33..
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:21   #659
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Well....

Pistol frames in general are prohibited items.
I personally don't risk it. Mainly because I don't want to waste my money if they seize it.

Plus, I cross the border too often to have the CBSA search through my shit everytime I'm at the airport.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
+1

Thanks eluder.

If you are blacklisted, you are screwed, all your packages will be scrutinized and checked. Its not a risk or hassle I want to take and I don't want to waste money.

Last edited by turok_t; February 11th, 2014 at 20:27..
Old February 11th, 2014, 20:22   #660
e-luder

Quote:
Tread lightly, my friend...
Tread lightly.

You don't want the ASC Gods knocking at your doorstep...

Last edited by e-luder; February 11th, 2014 at 20:24..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications