Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 28th, 2010, 00:36   #586
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

In terms of upgrades you've listed, I'm not really seeing much that'll drastically increase your fps from stock. From what you said, you're sitting roughly where you should be.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 00:43   #587
RacingManiac

Single highest FPS upgrade is usually the 6.01 barrel, which has its own drawback...aside from that, you also get significant gains from longer barrel, but that also is not necessarily what you want in all the builds.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 00:47   #588
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Single highest FPS upgrade is usually the 6.01 barrel, which has its own drawback...aside from that, you also get significant gains from longer barrel, but that also is not necessarily what you want in all the builds.
so my setup is shooting fine then?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:20   #589
juicy

Seems like that's your answer...

IMO 6.03 barrels don't really do all that much for FPS gains. I'd guesstimate that that sounds right, though I don't really have the experience with those Hi-Capa parts.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:28   #590
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

if you really want more power, you'll need to switch out your floating valve to a heavier one, and maybe one with the o-rings, and you could try the nineball purple hop up. Only problem we've found with that is its oversized and your hop up unit won't close flush, but doesn't seem to affect usability.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 16:42   #591
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
I have a TM 5.1 with the Airsoft Surgeon hammer kit and leaf spring along with a Tanio Koba grip.

I'm getting an issue with the hammer not being able to actuate the knocker under certain circumstances. If I'm holding the gun in a natural, upright shooting position, the hammer will go to a half cock and won't move the knocker, however, if I'm holding the gun on its left side everything seems to work fine. This is really baffling me.
Increase the strength of the sear prong on the leaf spring. If it's too weak, it will not allow the sear to engage the hammer hooks fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Here is a question for Brian and all you hicapa experts. Here is what Im using:

TK twist barrel
SD POM air nozzle
stock floating valve
IK BBU
nineball lipseal for my mag
KM cyclinder bulb for my mag

My hicapa 5.1 on green gas using 0.25 bastards is shooting:

I know that my FPS is supposed to be MUCH higher than that... Anyways, do any of u have any suggestions on what I should be looking for when attempting to diagnose my problem?
Those readings look low. You should be hitting MINIMUM 310fps (with 0.25g BBs) if everything else is stock and the KM "HIGH FLOW" valves are installed. Never heard of cylinder bulbs made by KM that go in the magazine... so I'm assuming you meant high flow valves.

What hammer spring are you using? You SHOULD be using a stronger one if you're trying to crack open a high flow valve under propane pressure.

Last edited by ILLusion; September 28th, 2010 at 16:44..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 18:58   #592
turok_t

Yes, sorry Brian, its the KM High flow valve... I got mixed up. Yeah I know my readings are low thats why I was a bit concerned. If I recall correctly, I think im using the Guarder 150%. My issue might be caused by the mag sitting too low in the grip because I can move it up by a few millimeters. Ive got the nine magazine catch so I might try the stock catch and see what happens.

Besides this solution, would you suggestion anything else?
Old September 28th, 2010, 19:05   #593
JourneyMan

Thanks.

Which is the sear spring?

I've tried bending the far right and middle springs. The right one seemed to make the most difference, but the problem will still occur if I hold the gun upright, or even occasionally when its level.

About what angle would you say the sear pron should be at relative to the lower (stiff) portion of the leaf spring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Fandango
If I was a bouncer I wouldn't stop you to inspect your 2 inch erection either.

Last edited by JourneyMan; September 28th, 2010 at 19:16..
JourneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:13   #594
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Yes, sorry Brian, its the KM High flow valve... I got mixed up. Yeah I know my readings are low thats why I was a bit concerned. If I recall correctly, I think im using the Guarder 150%. My issue might be caused by the mag sitting too low in the grip because I can move it up by a few millimeters. Ive got the nine magazine catch so I might try the stock catch and see what happens.

Besides this solution, would you suggestion anything else?
If you push the mag up, does the velocity increase?

I've used the 9Ball mag catches for a while, and haven't had any problems with them. You'll have to physically inspect both the mag catch as well as the notch in the mag to check for any rounding. Any major wear will prevent proper seating of the mag, and if there is, I would recommend tossing the part.

Also check the seating between your grip and your frame. Some loose setups will allow the grip to sit too far away from the frame, and thus, the mag will sit too far away from the nozzle, causing a poor seal.

Quote:
Which is the sear spring?
I said sear PRONG on the leaf spring (the right most one). It looks like you already figured it out... you should be trying to move that one.

Secondly, check for wear on the hammer hooks. Did you mod them in any way?

I can't suggest an "angle" for the prong, as each setup is different.
Old September 29th, 2010, 13:29   #595
StrikeFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Also check the seating between your grip and your frame. Some loose setups will allow the grip to sit too far away from the frame, and thus, the mag will sit too far away from the nozzle, causing a poor seal.
Yea I told him about this but he also has problem with the stirrup when the grip screws are tighten. I'll be heading over to see if I can help.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 19:30   #596
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Seems like that's your answer...

IMO 6.03 barrels don't really do all that much for FPS gains. I'd guesstimate that that sounds right, though I don't really have the experience with those Hi-Capa parts.
Actually, i just realized that sometimes my slide catch doesnt work. I tested the magazine spring and it seems to be fine...Can this be attributed to my low FPS? Do u think that the gas is seeping out somewhere causing insufficient gas to blowback the slide, and hence, the slide doesnt catch at the notch?
Old October 12th, 2010, 16:11   #597
ancorp
AK Guru

Hey gents, does anyone know if I could fit 1911 internals into a Detonics frame?
Old October 13th, 2010, 16:15   #598
JourneyMan

Quote:
I said sear PRONG on the leaf spring (the right most one). It looks like you already figured it out... you should be trying to move that one.

Secondly, check for wear on the hammer hooks. Did you mod them in any way?

I can't suggest an "angle" for the prong, as each setup is different.
What parts are the hammer hooks?

I've replaced the grip with a Tanio Koba one, the sear spring with the Airsoft Surgon one, and the hammer parts with this kit:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...5_1_Type_5.htm

The hammer goes all the way most of the time when fully upright after bending the prong, but if I lean it to the right (relative from the shooter), it will just release into a half cock.

I've been trying to find some silicon oil spray that doesn't have any petrolium distilates for the past few days to see if increased lubrication fixes the problem, but I just can't find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Fandango
If I was a bouncer I wouldn't stop you to inspect your 2 inch erection either.

Last edited by JourneyMan; October 13th, 2010 at 16:18..
JourneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 16:20   #599
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Actually, i just realized that sometimes my slide catch doesnt work. I tested the magazine spring and it seems to be fine...Can this be attributed to my low FPS? Do u think that the gas is seeping out somewhere causing insufficient gas to blowback the slide, and hence, the slide doesnt catch at the notch?
It may or may not be a problem. I've seen this several times, and never has it been related to magazine height or seal issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
Hey gents, does anyone know if I could fit 1911 internals into a Detonics frame?
That depends on which 1911 variant you're putting in.
Also, the hammer strut from any 1911 variant will not fit in to a Detonics.

Quote:
What parts are the hammer hooks?
They're the two "hooks" on the hammer - it's where the sear catches.

Quote:
I've replaced the grip with a Tanio Koba one, the sear spring with the Airsoft Surgon one, and the hammer parts with this kit:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...5_1_Type_5.htm
I've seen some instances where an improper installation of grips to frames (either a loose installation, or through wear of those parts over time) causes the frame to sit further away from the grip than it should. The result is the the sear sitting too high, and getting caught on the middle prong of the leaf spring - this can create temporary or permanent full auto fire until corrected.

Quote:
I've been trying to find some silicon oil spray that doesn't have any petrolium distilates for the past few days to see if increased lubrication fixes the problem, but I just can't find any.
Forget about looking for silicone spray. Look for a GREASE. I recommend Super Lube for something generic, but if you can't even find that in your area, you should have ready access to Lithium grease, which should work as well.
OIL will do very little for lubrication of metal-on-metal applications.

Last edited by ILLusion; October 14th, 2010 at 16:25..
Old October 14th, 2010, 17:55   #600
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:

They're the two "hooks" on the hammer - it's where the sear catches.

I've seen some instances where an improper installation of grips to frames (either a loose installation, or through wear of those parts over time) causes the frame to sit further away from the grip than it should. The result is the the sear sitting too high, and getting caught on the middle prong of the leaf spring - this can create temporary or permanent full auto fire until corrected.
I've found that stripped grip screw holes can also cause the grip to sit too low, resulting in low fps.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications