Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2011, 11:21   #586
DoctorBadVibez

Location: Scarborough, Unionville, Stouffville and on a Benetti
Ha this is funny, I think you guys will have quite the LOL
The Mrs ordered a Kobo E-reader for herself, Xpresspost as delivery option around the same time I ordered my RC ViperJet from HK
It took Xpresspost to get HER the package in 4 days, during those four days, the following happened with MY package

2011/04/21 03:01 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2011/04/20 22:35 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2011/04/19 08:45 HONG KONG International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

So this is telling me that in the time it took a .07kg book sized package 4 DAYS to get across from Brampton to Scarborough (discounted processing time for Indigo/Chapters) (we laid into CP over this one)
YET
It takes a 4 foot tall, 1 foot wide 5kg international package about 3 days to come half way across the world?

Either EMS is damn good to me or Canada Post is really slacking.. in a comparative sense... hmmmmm

Im not worried about the package just yet but on a side note, I wonder how long will it sit in 'Sauga before it gets here...

Through my experiences, when questioned about their postal standards NOT ONE CP employee has been able to recite the standards back to me. My local lettermail postie is about to lose his job because he's been stuffing small fragile packages into mail slots and doing overall dodgy work; the folks in the building here talked about how his children will starve because I made sure that those who were not happy complained about the spotty mail service this building gets in the general. I explained the "sins of the father" rule, and pointed out how now CP parcel guys are ACTUALLY delivering their parcels to EVERY resident in the building now, with a 70% reduction in DNCs and its not my problem if a postie cant do his job in order to feed his kids, I'm all about merits, metrics and matrix (no not THAT Matrix Neo). I've raised so much shite that they had a supervisor type come out in plain clothes and spot this asshole over 3 days... One down, notch on belt, more to go.... So get out there and complain like Styrak said, he is right and if you got any clout or red tag privileges, use em, cause some damage because all WE, as Canadians do is send letters when we're angry, this has to stop. Canada Post is this bad because we let them get this far, we let them get away with it. Now its time to take it all back, a postal employee is still a public servant and thus responsibilities lie on their shoulders to actually deliver the package, not just put up useless PR on their website (seriously, do I NEED to see the latest additions to the Royal family when I go to the website? I thought we were finally free oh wait, lets write ANOTHER letter on that)

edit: Back to package recon for me...

Last edited by DoctorBadVibez; April 21st, 2011 at 11:28.. Reason: I type so good, I winz the interwebz
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:30   #587
DoctorBadVibez

Location: Scarborough, Unionville, Stouffville and on a Benetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
That happends pretty frequently actually. I have two shipments inbound that are saying the same thing (one from Sask and one from QC). Don't fret too much about it until the package is late.

Cheers.
Yep true, I look keep an eye out for packages right after the postal facility in Mississauga clears it.
Old April 21st, 2011, 13:37   #588
redneck12

Between myself and my girl friend we have filed 90 complaints with CP. Our letter carrier is great delivers all our bills on time. My gf runs a jewllery making business and I order airsoft and paintball items, which is usually to big to be put in out mail box and for the letter carrier to drag around. We have a parcel truck manned by a lady that can not care less about her job. There are 5 apartment buildings our court and she for some reason can't find mine even though she parks right in front of it when she walks the parcels around. She always leaves me notice cards in the wrong mailbox of the wrong building. CP just says "Yup that is wrong and shouldn't be happening, we will have a supervisor contact you" I think that is their standard don't bug us line.
So I waited til she was delivering another package for me, and there she is going to the wrong building yet again. So I walk over and ask if she has a package for me, she said yes but I wasn't home. I tell her that I have been missing my packages because she goes to the wrong building. She tells me the address on my package is for building 26. I ask her if she is retarded because it says building 20. She told me to get lost or she will call the cops. I asked for my package and even showed her my ID and where my building actually was especially since her van was right infront of it like usual. But she said it was to late. Whatever same old same old when I called to complain.
90 complaints later and 2 videos of her fucking up and she is still working our route and she is still doing it. But they have no problems punishing the letter carrier for her fuck ups. We liked him, never had a problem with him, but for some reason they fired him for her screw ups. When I heard he was fired, I called and asked them why, they said he was the one screwing up and getting alot of complaints regarding parcel delivery. I told her it was the idiot that drives the parcel van she is the one everyone hates and is sick of. But I guess she must have some friends high up or something since they scape goated the guy that as far as our buildings went did a really good job.

They are over paid and under worked bunch of morons and they need to be knocked down a few notches and smarten up. There are employees that care about there job and do it well, but the rest are just there for the pay and benefits, and could care less if the job gets done right.
Old April 21st, 2011, 13:53   #589
Eien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
That happends pretty frequently actually. I have two shipments inbound that are saying the same thing (one from Sask and one from QC). Don't fret too much about it until the package is late.

Cheers.
Same thing happening to me on a couple of packages I get from Huang.. quite werid.
Old April 27th, 2011, 16:10   #590
icaris

Send a message via MSN to icaris
Ordered $150 worth of stuff from a Canadian retailer. Who were excellent btw, wish they would switch shippers -_-

1. it was a day late
2. the tracking info never moved from where the item was accepted, other then saying item delivered.
3. this fucking idiot left my package literally dangling from my mailbox on the side of my house and didn't even knock! that side of my house is on the same side of a very busy garage. I was awake at 9, it was delivered at 11, i kept checking the tracking number every few minutes hoping for an update so I know he didnt knock. I only found it after calling the local canada post asking if he brought it there and she told me to go check my mailbox.

I now refuse to order through anywhere i have to ship Canada Post..
Old April 27th, 2011, 21:31   #591
RaisinBran

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaris View Post
1. it was a day late
2. the tracking info never moved from where the item was accepted, other then saying item delivered.
You're lucky, a day late is nothing for some people. Canada post usually doesn't update the tracking number until it's delivered (usually)
JG M4A1
Old May 2nd, 2011, 23:39   #592
FreelancerInc

so i live in brooks alberta, bought some stuff from a guy in chestermere, alberta. and my package is now FURTHER away from me, as its now sitting in Calgary, Alberta. yes i understand that its gotta go through the "main hub" to get here but i'd almost guarantee that there'd be a postal truck driving through chestermere commen to brooks....sigh
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:46   #593
vandal138

Send a message via ICQ to vandal138
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Between myself and my girl friend we have filed 90 complaints with CP. Our letter carrier is great delivers all our bills on time. My gf runs a jewllery making business and I order airsoft and paintball items, which is usually to big to be put in out mail box and for the letter carrier to drag around. We have a parcel truck manned by a lady that can not care less about her job. There are 5 apartment buildings our court and she for some reason can't find mine even though she parks right in front of it when she walks the parcels around. She always leaves me notice cards in the wrong mailbox of the wrong building. CP just says "Yup that is wrong and shouldn't be happening, we will have a supervisor contact you" I think that is their standard don't bug us line.
So I waited til she was delivering another package for me, and there she is going to the wrong building yet again. So I walk over and ask if she has a package for me, she said yes but I wasn't home. I tell her that I have been missing my packages because she goes to the wrong building. She tells me the address on my package is for building 26. I ask her if she is retarded because it says building 20. She told me to get lost or she will call the cops. I asked for my package and even showed her my ID and where my building actually was especially since her van was right infront of it like usual. But she said it was to late. Whatever same old same old when I called to complain.
90 complaints later and 2 videos of her fucking up and she is still working our route and she is still doing it. But they have no problems punishing the letter carrier for her fuck ups. We liked him, never had a problem with him, but for some reason they fired him for her screw ups. When I heard he was fired, I called and asked them why, they said he was the one screwing up and getting alot of complaints regarding parcel delivery. I told her it was the idiot that drives the parcel van she is the one everyone hates and is sick of. But I guess she must have some friends high up or something since they scape goated the guy that as far as our buildings went did a really good job.

They are over paid and under worked bunch of morons and they need to be knocked down a few notches and smarten up. There are employees that care about there job and do it well, but the rest are just there for the pay and benefits, and could care less if the job gets done right.
Ouch, sorry man... that was really painful to read.
I feel you pain.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:33   #594
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
Two reasons why CP pisses me off:
I just finally received the taclight I've been waiting 25 days for. When I bought it, it went from the order going through to being mailed out of Singapore in FOUR HOURS. So fine. I wait. And I wait. and I fucking wait. Finally, I see that it's been scanned through customs on day 12(shipping was supposed to be 7-day express, thanks CBSA). After that, I wait some more. On day 21, I get an e-mail notification that it's been delivered. It went from Vancouver to Creston in 9 days, apparently without stopping anywhere in between. So I raced down to the post box(rural "super boxes"), and the box is EMPTY. I haven't checked my mail all week, yet the item that I've received a notification for isn't in the fucking box. To make shit worse, I was leaving that morning to go to the Okanagan. So I wait about 45 minutes after the mail carrier is supposed to arrive, and nobody shows. Being pressed for time, I decide to give up and get on the road, because I have three mountain passes to go through that I'd rather not do at night. I finally come back at about 8PM today, go down to the box, and the box is FULL of mail. Not only is my taclight stuffed into the box, but atop of the package is a card for a parcel I ordered from Hong Kong a full two weeks after the taclight. The kicker: the items were delivered about FIVE FUCKING MINUTES after I gave up and left, meaning that they were scanned as "successfully delivered" 50 minutes before they even hit the fucking box.

Canada Post is full of complete fucking oxygen-stealing retards hell-bent on pissing off the general population.
/rant1
I also heard about some whiny cocksucker in the Langley/Surrey/whogivesafuck sorting station demanding a "radiation wand" for items that come over from Japan.
GOD DAMNIT, these idiots piss me off.
/rant2
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:08   #595
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddMadd View Post
Two reasons why CP pisses me off:
I just finally received the taclight I've been waiting 25 days for. When I bought it, it went from the order going through to being mailed out of Singapore in FOUR HOURS. So fine. I wait. And I wait. and I fucking wait. Finally, I see that it's been scanned through customs on day 12(shipping was supposed to be 7-day express, thanks CBSA). After that, I wait some more. On day 21, I get an e-mail notification that it's been delivered. It went from Vancouver to Creston in 9 days, apparently without stopping anywhere in between. So I raced down to the post box(rural "super boxes"), and the box is EMPTY. I haven't checked my mail all week, yet the item that I've received a notification for isn't in the fucking box. To make shit worse, I was leaving that morning to go to the Okanagan. So I wait about 45 minutes after the mail carrier is supposed to arrive, and nobody shows. Being pressed for time, I decide to give up and get on the road, because I have three mountain passes to go through that I'd rather not do at night. I finally come back at about 8PM today, go down to the box, and the box is FULL of mail. Not only is my taclight stuffed into the box, but atop of the package is a card for a parcel I ordered from Hong Kong a full two weeks after the taclight. The kicker: the items were delivered about FIVE FUCKING MINUTES after I gave up and left, meaning that they were scanned as "successfully delivered" 50 minutes before they even hit the fucking box.

Canada Post is full of complete fucking oxygen-stealing retards hell-bent on pissing off the general population.
/rant1
I also heard about some whiny cocksucker in the Langley/Surrey/whogivesafuck sorting station demanding a "radiation wand" for items that come over from Japan.
GOD DAMNIT, these idiots piss me off.
/rant2
LOL, yeah CP dudes tend to take a "week off" and just keep the mail in there truck, until the day they feel like delivering it... and then they jsut stuff your mailbox with it... LOL

All the complaints above have been reported by my neighborhood to CP (rich neighbor hood = very powerfull ppl!) and the CP dude has now been replace, by a much better one! and I know him personally.... he even delivers my mail to my door when i'm home!

BTW: for the radiation thing.... most ppl think that radioactivitcy= ZOMG TOXIC GLOW IN GREEN MUTANTS! and tend to overeact while that is not true at all.... LOL
Old May 5th, 2011, 21:37   #596
landwarrior

Hey guys. I bought something from a member here and its from Ottawa last tuesday, and it took time a relatively short amount of time to get it to Missisauga. Then...everything just went down hill. 6 days later, it's in Scarborough, and toady its out for delivery, AND I still havent gotten it yet...it was suppose to be here on May 2nd.

2011/05/05 08:31 SCARBOROUGH Item out for delivery
08:16 SCARBOROUGH Item out for delivery
2011/05/04 07:52 SCARBOROUGH Item processed at local delivery facility
07:52 SCARBOROUGH Item processed at local delivery facility
07:51 SCARBOROUGH Item processed at postal facility
2011/04/29 04:49 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2011/04/28 09:14 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility
2011/04/26 18:13 ORLEANS Item accepted at the Post Office
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:38   #597
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Mailman (the foot variety) just came and drop a delivery notice in my mailbox...
They didn't even try to deliver packages now?

Duh... fucking bunch of lazy ass

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:21   #598
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Sometime, it would be simpler if they just called you to say that your package arrived and where to pick it up.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:23   #599
Amos

New delivery guy is really pissing me off..

He pre-writes all the pick up slips, drops 'em in the mail box, knocks on the door and takes the hell off.

I always open the door and have to shout down the street to where he is.. then he always has to go back to his truck to get things.
G3SD6
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:29   #600
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Sometime, it would be simpler if they just called you to say that your package arrived and where to pick it up.
Seem's like postal workers are getting lazier by the month... Wouldn't surprised me if they do that in the future...

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General