Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Navy SEALs

:

USA

Old December 17th, 2011, 20:31   #586
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

I know that the TMC AOR-2 just needs to be died a bit more, but the TMC AOR-1 is way off.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 22:38   #587
Tacblue

"I know that the TMC AOR-2 just needs to be died a bit more, but the TMC AOR-1 is way off. "

Really? I've been trying to fade my TMC AOR2. The color seems to be overall too dark, though the basic tones are about right. The color is quite persistant though, even to bleach. Though it did lighten it a little bit. Now I've taken to leaving it spread out on a table in the backyard to try and sun fade it.

Ferro, thanks for the information, I've joined and seen a couple of loadout pics that seem to show the differences, though it's still a little difficult to see. A lot of photos seemed to have been removed. Anyway, at least I've got a little more of an idea now. Got a couple of the TMC pouches on the way to compare to the replica BDUs, so hopefully they're compatible. Granted, it might not be the perfect color, but if I can get the gear and BDUs to match, I'll be satisfied, even if it's not the genuine article.
Tacblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 22:41   #588
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

You can either buy a small portion of real AOR2, or a patch, then see the colour.
If not, what I would do is spray a bit of krylon tan on your gear and that can give it a good used look.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 14:00   #589
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Well if you have repro AOR-1 pouches, and repro AOR-1 combats from the same company, they're going to match. My dad said sent me some Crye AOR-1 pouches he bought of one of his DEV buds. Ill post them when they arrive.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 14:09   #590
Tacblue

"You can either buy a small portion of real AOR2, or a patch, then see the colour."

The BDUs I'm using are UR-Tactical BDUs, which are genuine AOR2 ripstop. The color is extremely light compared to TMC, but will be about spot on once the TMC fades a bit further. Hopefully I'll be able to take a pic of the contrast on my next days off.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 14:24   #591
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Oh and in my post I didnt mean the entire thing needed to be died more, I should have said certain colours. Like in this pic:http://www.thebeijingshop.com/images...ura%20AOR2.jpg. The tan and the green could be died a bit more, but the colours are fairly close. Now in this pic:http://www.thebeijingshop.com/images...%20AOR1%20.jpg pretty much every colour is off and almost has a pinkish tone to it.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 20:53   #592
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
We're talking about a slight fading on a couple shades of colour here. Let me ask you something; would a real Navy SEAL really give a shit?

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings

Last edited by rc_p120; December 22nd, 2011 at 23:14..
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:32   #593
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Let me ask you something; would a real Navy SEAL want replica gear thats going to tear and shred during an op?

Last edited by Dingo; December 22nd, 2011 at 21:43..
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:41   #594
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
I wasn't talking about replica vs real, that's obvious. I was talking about the green being half a shade off.

Allow skd-tac to illustrate my point http://www.skdtac.com/skd_tactical_FAQ_a/140.htm#15

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:56   #595
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

I dont think theyd care about shades, they care about quality.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 00:06   #596
Tacblue

Ghillisnipes: My TMC AOR1 pouch arrived last night, so I was able to take a quick look and comparison. The photos on the various store websites actually make it look much brighter than it is. For anyone curious, the colors really do almost perfectly match the AllWin/Trigger AOR1 replicas. Match genuine AOR1, apparently not since the AllWin stuff doesn't, but not HORRIBLY far off judging from a pic of someone wearing a Ferro 6094 with the replica BDUs. Enough to tell, perhaps, but enough to care? Meh...
As to quality, for anyone wondering, the TMC stuff is sufficient for airsoft. Pretty decent actually, in light of the price, and I can personally confirm it's better than some of the stuff I've used for work! I'm not worried about it falling apart in the least. Now if only they'd make some frikkin' M60 pouches!
Old December 23rd, 2011, 00:10   #597
Conker

And if it's not too much... what did you use for work? (to have a comparison basis)

I haven't handled any of the TMC AOR1 stuff (I have some of their stuff in MJK though) and I can say I hate their AOR1 series because they use folded Cordura instead of printed webbing... and, well, that's ugly as fuck, and doesn't work as well.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 00:21   #598
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
I haven't handled any of the TMC AOR1 stuff (I have some of their stuff in MJK though) and I can say I hate their AOR1 series because they use folded Cordura instead of printed webbing... and, well, that's ugly as fuck, and doesn't work as well.
What are the negatives to folded Cordura webbing aside from aesthetics?
Old December 25th, 2011, 00:12   #599
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Hey Tacblue, can you take pics of the TMC AOR-1 and post it here?

Last edited by Dingo; December 25th, 2011 at 15:12..
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:51   #600
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
What are the negatives to folded Cordura webbing aside from aesthetics?
It'll come apart eventually. It's not webbing....and someone invented webbing because it was *better than folded up cordura*.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA