Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Magpul PRS stock battery modification

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:00   #46
Reaver_RRTS

Yeah. Exactly that. Compared to TC's rifle (no clue what it is at this point, M4? SR25 from another brand? who knows..) so without the long buffer tube i can't safely run a battery in the stock if it rains or whatever. further, the wiring has a plug right below that tube, however the video you linked does not have it on his. Maybe he changed the wiring on it. Either way, I'm kinda fucked on this mod. No idea wtf to do.
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:05   #47
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Did you get a real deal PTS PRS stock? Or the ACM version?
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:09   #48
Reaver_RRTS

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...ducts_id=2544\

This is what I bought. Judging in the price difference, it's the ACM version. I didnt feel like paying double that for a name brand from Magpul. The stock itself is very solid and nice. And the issue isnt the stock. It's the G&G sr25.

I mean hell, it has space internally FOR the buffer tube. If it were placed on a M4/M16 rifle, it'd be no issues save for the wiring. The GR25 has that plug RIGHT under where the tube for the stock is attached to the actual receiver. I'd have to change the wiring for this mod one way or another I think... However, the tube is another problem... Should I just buy a piece of aluminum rod and stock it inside to cover the battery? or get a buffer tube and cut it shorter to fit inside?

Last edited by Reaver_RRTS; January 15th, 2014 at 12:16..
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:45   #49
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

LOL. There are significant differences between the ACM and PTS versions. I've owned both. Not only does the ACM version feel significantly different in terms of texture and material density, the hardware and attachment methods aren't even the same.

Airsoft Depot version:

Genuine PTS PRS

The real-deal PTS one doesn't require an actual buffer tube. It comes with a proprietary one which interfaces with the rear of the receiver - this proprietary buffer tube that unscrews at the rear and allows installation of a a stick battery - leading to a very clean install.

You can pretty much ignore most of the posts on this thread as we thought that's what you were purchasing.

I suppose you could cut down a buffer tube to work with the stock you have now but how would you know you're buying one that's the right OD that would fit the ID of the PRS stock you have?
And with a long screw running through the length of the stock, you can kiss goodbye to putting a stick lipo battery in there.

Last edited by Stealth; January 15th, 2014 at 12:47..
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:49   #50
Reaver_RRTS

Yeah well that's my fault for not looking at both and thinking they were the same thing just Magpul branded and double the money. Fucks sake. Hmm... I should still be able to do this if I can get the long buffer tube with the slots like that one, and I can likely use the old stock screw from the solid stock. It looks basically the same as the one in that picture. If so, really my only problem is the tube.
Old January 15th, 2014, 14:41   #51
Reaver_RRTS

Hey just came across this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id=39965

It's out of stock at Evike, but this SHOULD work, shouldn't it? and it's already got the cut out along the bottom, or is that not what I want for battery placement? In a way I could always try to add something to the bottom to hold the battery if I have to...
Old January 15th, 2014, 14:44   #52
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

That only works with the PTS version.

Cut your losses - return the stock, get the PTS one and do it right.
Old January 15th, 2014, 15:08   #53
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

the stock tube isnt pictured on the acm version lol

my rifles an SR15

and you should need to modify the wiring anyway
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 15:46   #54
Reaver_RRTS

I don't really have the funds for a 200$ stock. Even if I did, I would think 200$ for a stock is a bit much for what it is. I might just go about my own means of getting a battery in there using ideas from videos online and Thunder Cactus' work, think I might have a way to do so. It won't be the same as Thunder Cactus' way, but it might still work. However I still need the buffer tube to attach the stock. It's got a space for one, so I need to source one....
Old January 15th, 2014, 18:14   #55
ThunderCactus

The PRS is on par with the UBR for batteries, they both suck at it.
No admin likes the fact I have to split the receiver to change batteries either....or that my cylinder happens to be red... lol
Old January 15th, 2014, 18:23   #56
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
No admin likes the fact I have to split the receiver to change batteries either....or that my cylinder happens to be red... lol
That one went over my head for relativity to the topic, mate lol. Anyway, even if I consider front wiring the rifle (i'm considering it...) I still need a buffer tube to mount the stock. I'm highly considering getting that buffer tube I found (located a site that has it in stock) so I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to work this out and make it logical... although after paying 88$ for the stock I got now, plus the buffer tube it'll come out to about 140$ or so... I saw a Magpul PTS stock brand new for 130$... Is that what you got Thunder Cactus? (price is way cheaper obviously)

Ehhh I just noticed it's for a GBBR so it's not going to work is it? :/
Old January 15th, 2014, 18:44   #57
ThunderCactus

Actually, where did you see them for $200? I bought mine for $138 (GBBR style for PTW) and I thought the AEG version was the same price?
Old January 15th, 2014, 19:07   #58
Reaver_RRTS

https://www.buyairsoft.ca/accessorie...ock-black.html
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...ducts_id=11962
ones that i found anyway :/ the one i found for gbb is on kijiji for 130$ :/
Old January 15th, 2014, 19:22   #59
ThunderCactus

because you're looking at buyairsoft lol
they're $138 on ehobby for both
Old January 15th, 2014, 19:28   #60
Reaver_RRTS

hmm... but its out of stock :P aeg one anyway
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications