Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Atlantic Armory F- (Long Rant)

:

General

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2006, 21:33   #46
mcguyver

To Vapourblast, there is ABSOLUTELY no such thing as a "license to sell airsoft". And if you have a crappy CFO and the RCMP decide to shut you down, there isn't much you can do about it. The only licensing involved in airsoft is the Firearms Business License for Prohibited Devices for Motion Picture Production. It outlines the importation, storage and transfer requirements for that business for motion picture use only as it pertains to "replica firearms".

The problem is that nobody in any government agency will define EXACTLY what a replica is. The Dept. of Justice says one thing, the CFC says another, and the RCMP don't really know what to do.

Some people will say that airsoft guns are, in fact, replicas. Others will say they are not. But if the CFO for your area shows up and demands your inventory, he needs no paperwork, no court order, and can legally compel you to assist him in the seizure, which is forceable confinement. That is the nature of the current Firearms Act.

So in short, there is no legal sale of a replica firearm except to another business with a firearms business license. No private individual can legally possess one unless they owned it prior to Jan. 1/98. The loophole so far is that nobody can agree if airsoft guns are all replicas or not. Some definately are not (XM-8 and M41A) and some definately are. But if your CFO says they are and enforces seizure of your guns, you'll have to go to court to prove your case. This was done in my city last fall with a G&P M4A1 and the judge gave the guy his gun back (after he paid a $1500 fine for threatening someone with a weapon).

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 21:36   #47
mouse

Send a message via MSN to mouse
Same thing with a friend of mine getting a TM Ak Beta Spetznas. He got fed up of their crap and got a refund from paypal. Hearing you had the same problem does not suprise me and I personal would NEVER deal with them or recommend them to anyone!!!
Old February 23rd, 2006, 13:41   #48
mthead

Send a message via MSN to mthead
To clear up things. Rangers and DEA share inventory, and both web sites were designed by the same guy, sorta a cookie cutter deal. And since the same guy will answer the phone for both rangers and dea sometimes you might get a hello you've reached dea (when you called rangers) or vise versa. or as in the case mentioned a invoice with the wrong letter head.
Old February 25th, 2006, 04:17   #49
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Hrrm if Cory is having problems getting the items why does he list them as in stock when people order them? That doesn't jive with me and smacks of another retailer who was notorious for the same deal (I wonder if that is who Cory's supplier is, it would explain alot).
Old February 26th, 2006, 19:46   #50
Lokes

ouch, that certainly WOULD explain a lot.
But we'll never know, I'm sure.
Old February 26th, 2006, 20:20   #51
Craig

OMG! well this explains it all and all i have to say is FUCK!!!! i hope cory gets shot right bettween the eyes while in service. hes in the RCMP.

I bought an ak-47 from cory 4 months ago on nov.10th and it is now feb.26th everything sephire had said.. step by step.. first he told me after a month that the gun had just came in. ext ext all bullshit...

this type of shit makes me want to go to PEI.. to deal with it one on one.. CORY RUSKS OR TIMMY MCDONALD he calls himself one of those are his names he says HES A SCAMMER AND COLLECTED OUR MONEY AND IS STILL SCAMMING PPL!!!!
Old February 26th, 2006, 20:34   #52
Craig

Cory doesn't even pay loyar fees to make the guns legal in canada so there for he making even more of a profit... i have a way to fuck his career up in the RCMP. (((if i dont get my money back soon.. i really hope his ppl are reading my posts...
Old February 27th, 2006, 00:22   #53
Lokes

Lets not get too wild here and try to keep this thread civilized. First of all, you seem to be underage in the first place and making threats like this in public to a police officer isn't exactly the smartest thing a kid could do.
If you have a problem, make your claim, explain how it happened, and let the community deal with it.

I think we all can see at this point that Atlantic Armory had problems meeting demand, whether it was supplies, mismanagement, horrible lack of communication, or all of the above. The only strength we have as a community is communication.
Old February 27th, 2006, 00:35   #54
realitys-soulja

Send a message via MSN to realitys-soulja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Cory doesn't even pay loyar fees to make the guns legal in canada so there for he making even more of a profit... i have a way to fuck his career up in the RCMP. (((if i dont get my money back soon.. i really hope his ppl are reading my posts...
Hmm..and how would you mess up a police officer's life? An attempt to do so would prove very foolish. I understand why you're mad, but there is no need for idle threats against law-enforcers.
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:53   #55
stev0__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
OMG! well this explains it all and all i have to say is FUCK!!!! i hope cory gets shot right bettween the eyes while in service. hes in the RCMP.

I bought an ak-47 from cory 4 months ago on nov.10th and it is now feb.26th everything sephire had said.. step by step.. first he told me after a month that the gun had just came in. ext ext all bullshit...

this type of shit makes me want to go to PEI.. to deal with it one on one.. CORY RUSKS OR TIMMY MCDONALD he calls himself one of those are his names he says HES A SCAMMER AND COLLECTED OUR MONEY AND IS STILL SCAMMING PPL!!!!
dude your so fucking immature im a good friend with cory and bought a gun from him he had a great deal of shit happen with whoever his supplier just to get my gun in and it took about 2 1/2 months so trust me he is not trying to scam you
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:55   #56
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
That and they have closed down due to pressure fromt he local cops.
Old February 27th, 2006, 13:56   #57
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by bean
That and they have closed down due to pressure fromt he local cops.
That doesn't excuse anyone, given that money has been given for a service not rendered.

Old February 27th, 2006, 16:17   #58
Craig

my self is going to RMC. I am not imature. i was flammed while writing that. i deleted it though because i have as much respect for my fellow troops as i do my parents. when i asked info about filing complaints to 5 diff. companys that deals with scammers or probelms with ppl buying off line (which cory is not i just found out today) i told them that he is in the rcmp and they said if i dont get the money this can mess up his career for selling illigal guns to underage ppl. not that i would but!!! what must happen to get the money back will happen. sorry
Old February 27th, 2006, 16:25   #59
Dracheous
Lego Head

Wait let me get this fucking straight, you buy a gun, he gets problems and has bad contact issues. And now because he's in the RCMP and that I for some reason get the feeling that you lied to him about your age, because he IS in the RCMP and KNOWS the law about selling guns to people ((gotta be 18 my friend)). You want to shaft him, for going out on a limb to trust you being under 18?

I don't condone having things listed as in stock and not, I don't condone holding the money when you're having alot of trouble getting the product and I don't condone selling to Minors, and now that I know Rangers and DEA share inventory I don't think I'd trust them very much myself. However where are these guys? Where are they to defend against these allogations.

And Craig, I want to know who vouched for you, or what age you told the retailer. Because I doubt VERY much ANY retailer would sell to a minor, military or not! Cause I know I wouldn't, and I wouldn't sell to a parent who'se buying for a minor either, but some retailers do.
Old February 27th, 2006, 16:39   #60
Craig

I told him strait up. I am 16 turning 17 on jan 28th. i was 16 when i bought it he said okay okay ext ext.. and then he told my mom to tell not to walk up the street with it ext. so there for its still on him.!
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General