Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

anderson order

:

General

Closed Thread

Old July 29th, 2008, 23:02   #46
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Not to state the obvious, but have you tried to recover the funds via your credit card issuers?

I'm sure a lot of people paypaled/EMTed/DDed the funds, but for those of you who paid with a credit card I had no issues with reversing the charges.

Then again, I was only down for a 100$ for a slide so maybe the amount has something to do with it, but I strongly encourage you guys to try in case it's not already done.

Stop American Censorship
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:04   #47
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Usually there is a time limit is there not on reversing credit card charges?
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:06   #48
Gryphon

Or there are those of us that didn't pay by credit card or had other arrangements.
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:34   #49
Maverick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Usually there is a time limit is there not on reversing credit card charges?
I don't believe so. I worked doing cc processing and hadn't encountered any charge that couldn't be reversed if the customer is insistent enough. The reason being that credit card processors only allow a very small percentage of all processed transactions to be chargedback otherwise they suspend the account pending investigation.

If you did pay by credit card and are unwilling to wait and see what time will tell, then you ought to be able to contact your credit card company and claim you were defrauded as you did not receive the item you ordered.

I have to admit, I would usually defend Mark as I've had nothing but good dealings with him, but it seems that more and more people are coming forward and saying he is not providing any customer service or living up to his end of agreements. It's slightly unnerving to know that someone with a legitimate business who seemed trustworthy may in fact not be.
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:39   #50
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
I don't believe so. I worked doing cc processing and hadn't encountered any charge that couldn't be reversed if the customer is insistent enough. The reason being that credit card processors only allow a very small percentage of all processed transactions to be chargedback otherwise they suspend the account pending investigation.

If you did pay by credit card and are unwilling to wait and see what time will tell, then you ought to be able to contact your credit card company and claim you were defrauded as you did not receive the item you ordered.

I have to admit, I would usually defend Mark as I've had nothing but good dealings with him, but it seems that more and more people are coming forward and saying he is not providing any customer service or living up to his end of agreements. It's slightly unnerving to know that someone with a legitimate business who seemed trustworthy may in fact not be.
Thanks for clerifying that up for us!

The only thing I can think of is go visit Mark personally and talk to him about all this....
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:48   #51
Rainer

Good luck jumpin the concrete fence, watch out for the dogs with the bees in their mouths.
Old July 29th, 2008, 23:52   #52
arman

mark smells fishy...

playing with my kid!
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:18   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
Good luck jumpin the concrete fence, watch out for the dogs with the bees in their mouths.
ROFLMAO.

There's more truth to that than people realize. Oh the mental image makes me laugh.

Old July 30th, 2008, 10:13   #54
Neverhood

Send a message via MSN to Neverhood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
We don't all live in mansions like Mark Anderson and that money is worth a lot more to us.
So you spend 1000+ dollars on a toy? Good Fucking Greif! There's always a risk with airsoft, yeah maybe Mark should be alittle more forthcoming with info but cut the guys some slack, his hands are tied too.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:18   #55
Maverick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhood View Post
So you spend 1000+ dollars on a toy? Good Fucking Greif! There's always a risk with airsoft, yeah maybe Mark should be alittle more forthcoming with info but cut the guys some slack, his hands are tied too.
From an outside perspective, it seems that Mark has taken payment for the item, yet said item will not be delivered to the buyer as promised as it has been confiscated by the CBSA.

Where I stand, it looks like Mark should either return the money for the item if it cannot be delivered at all or respond to inquiries about said item so the buyer doesn't shit bricks, so to speak.

As a business, it is his responsibility to ensure that he makes good on any agreements made with a customer. He may be busy, but completely disregarding any attempts to contact him either via e-mail or phone is unacceptable. For any entity that considers itself a business, this is completely unprofessional.

I've had the privilege of dealing with Mark face to face so I haven't had any issues. I've also only bought from what he had in stock, so again, I haven't had any issue. I'm playing Devil's advocate here because I would hate to see a number of people take legal action for something that could easily be resolved outside of a courtroom, if only both parties involved in a deal would cooperate.

Last edited by Maverick0; July 30th, 2008 at 10:20..
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:38   #56
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

Quote:
From an outside perspective, it seems that Mark has taken payment for the item, yet said item will not be delivered to the buyer as promised as it has been confiscated by the CBSA.

Where I stand, it looks like Mark should either return the money for the item if it cannot be delivered at all or respond to inquiries about said item so the buyer doesn't shit bricks, so to speak.

As a business, it is his responsibility to ensure that he makes good on any agreements made with a customer. He may be busy, but completely disregarding any attempts to contact him either via e-mail or phone is unacceptable. For any entity that considers itself a business, this is completely unprofessional.

I've had the privilege of dealing with Mark face to face so I haven't had any issues. I've also only bought from what he had in stock, so again, I haven't had any issue. I'm playing Devil's advocate here because I would hate to see a number of people take legal action for something that could easily be resolved outside of a courtroom, if only both parties involved in a deal would cooperate.
That is pretty much my take on this as well.
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:42   #57
Drache

Quote:
something that could easily be resolved outside of a courtroom, if only both parties involved in a deal would cooperate.
But wouldn't that require Mark to actually return phone calls and emails to people?
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:51   #58
Maverick0

Um yeah, hence needing both parties (Mark and customer) to cooperate.
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:08   #59
Lorden

Send a message via MSN to Lorden
As far as chargebacks go, I believe you have a year from the moment of purchase in which you can claim fraud.
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:31   #60
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

My law courses are a tad far this morning, but I'm under the impression that fraud, a criminal act, can be persecuted either at any time without restriction or within a 3/5/10 year window depending on the classification of the offence.

Bah, for the fraud part I'm basicly pretty sure that on a criminal level time is not that much of an issue, however for different recovery methods it might be. I waited something like 45 days before calling quits and asking for the chargeback. Pretty sure you have 3/6/12 months do do so yourselves depending on the institution.

Stop American Censorship
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General