Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Repro CF Issue Body Armour

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 20th, 2009, 19:30   #46
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

may i see a pic of the armour in aridpat , id love to see one.
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 15:31   #47
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spas-Tick22 View Post
Wouldn't the vest be on top of all your IR treated clothes and under your webbing/tac vest?
It would be, but there will always be parts/areas where your TV can't completely cover. Plus, in the event you have to adjust your gear in the field....sufficed to say, I'm looking to limit possible exposure. If the gear isn't IRR treated (as I'm assuming it most likely will not be) that's not exactly an issue. I'd just prefer to know it going in and be able to adapt accordingly.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:34   #48
Soon2Boost

I have seen these (the Cadpat Gen III FPV) pop up on e-bay at least twice..kind of disgraceful.
They are stolen property if they're on the civvy market. They're "Controlled Technology, Access and Transfer" (CTAT) and the demilitarization code stipulates total destruction when being disposed of by the CF.

If you do have one of these it's stolen crown property...not a good idea to be selling this stuff while in the CF.
Soon2Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 19:06   #49
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2Boost View Post
I have seen these (the Cadpat Gen III FPV) pop up on e-bay at least twice..kind of disgraceful.
They are stolen property if they're on the civvy market. They're "Controlled Technology, Access and Transfer" (CTAT) and the demilitarization code stipulates total destruction when being disposed of by the CF.

If you do have one of these it's stolen crown property...not a good idea to be selling this stuff while in the CF.
We're talking about Repro ones... not real ones.
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:47   #50
Soon2Boost

I was talking about airborneboi69 post page 3 if you are a real CF member you should know better...not talking about repro ones..I actually would buy one..
Soon2Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:10   #51
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2Boost View Post
I was talking about airborneboi69 post page 3 if you are a real CF member you should know better...not talking about repro ones..I actually would buy one..
Oh! Ok, Sorry buddy! I shouldn't have jumped the gun there!
Old March 28th, 2009, 17:36   #52
BloodDrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
MoFOCR is NOT the CF issue ballistic vest

http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Sta...ab/2/221_e.asp

Personally I think the CF armour is retarded. It's designed so you can wear our useless POS tac vest overtop. Why can't they just use something USEFUL and MODULAR off the shelf that already has been proven, like CIRAS, etc?
Cause that would be a solution arrived by someone who has been in combat how many liberal part member's even visit a local shooting range little own have military service?

I think the Tac vest's are completely useless I can carry 14 mags the way my personal Pattern 64 webbing is set up right now that i purchased most of it when i was in the Army cadet the new tac vests hold like what 5 mags? i guarantee you who ever had final say had little front line expreance more like hill top from the looks of it

Voting liberal or NDP and signing a petition to ban airsoft is the same thing.
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 17:38   #53
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDrinker View Post
Cause that would be a solution arrived by someone who has been in combat how many liberal part member's even visit a local shooting range little own have military service?

I think the Tac vest's are completely useless I can carry 14 mags the way my personal Pattern 64 webbing is set up right now that i purchased most of it when i was in the Army cadet the new tac vests hold like what 5 mags? i guarantee you who ever had final say had little front line expreance more like hill top from the looks of it
Thanks for reitterating what everyone else has said since 2001...
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:43   #54
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

"Front line experience" is completely different than what a standard loadout for a soldier here in Canada is. In-theatre, a soldier can carry whatever he may need so long as it is authorized by the CoC. Here in Canada, however, when going on exercise a troopie is issued five magazines - four for their vest and one in their weapon. This vest was created/tested/approved before Canada became actively involved in a combat mission. Hell, back in the day troops were issued only five mags per person with loose rounds on stripper clips kept in the buttpack of their webbing. And that was the standard for places like Bosnia, Cyprus, etc. Hell, some tours didn't even want soldiers carrying weapons let alone carrying live rounds.

I personally found the TV a god-send because it meant I could wear my equipment while operating my vehicle (I was a recce soldier for seven years). Sufficed to say, it was a pain in the ass to have to lug, dump and re-mount the old '82 pattern webbing all the time.

Regardless of anyone's likes or dislikes of the current issue TV, the thread is about the repro body armour. And since I know we can all argue the migratory patterns of the North American ground squirrell, perhaps it'd be best to steer this discussion back to the original topic.

Has there been any sort of progress with this idea? Has a prototype been produced?

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229

Last edited by Mordarski J.A.; March 30th, 2009 at 10:47.. Reason: Changed wording and corrected some grammar.
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 17:02   #55
Lotech

Let's find 4 more people and get this under production!

"If life was easy, we'd all have one" LOTECH
Lotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 17:32   #56
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
"Front line experience" is completely different than what a standard loadout for a soldier here in Canada is. In-theatre, a soldier can carry whatever he may need so long as it is authorized by the CoC. Here in Canada, however, when going on exercise a troopie is issued five magazines - four for their vest and one in their weapon. This vest was created/tested/approved before Canada became actively involved in a combat mission. Hell, back in the day troops were issued only five mags per person with loose rounds on stripper clips kept in the buttpack of their webbing. And that was the standard for places like Bosnia, Cyprus, etc. Hell, some tours didn't even want soldiers carrying weapons let alone carrying live rounds.

I personally found the TV a god-send because it meant I could wear my equipment while operating my vehicle (I was a recce soldier for seven years). Sufficed to say, it was a pain in the ass to have to lug, dump and re-mount the old '82 pattern webbing all the time.

Regardless of anyone's likes or dislikes of the current issue TV, the thread is about the repro body armour. And since I know we can all argue the migratory patterns of the North American ground squirrell, perhaps it'd be best to steer this discussion back to the original topic.

Has there been any sort of progress with this idea? Has a prototype been produced?
I beleive there was a prototype produced by CP Gear in OD and TAN
So Far I think he's trying to get at least 10 people that would buy one for sure before they produce one in CADPAT for sale to the public... or at least those 10 people who want one...
Old April 6th, 2009, 15:28   #57
Lotech

I found this at Tiger Tactical and it looks like what I want. They call it a cover but I think all it would require is some foam or fake plates placed inside to be the fragmentation vest I want. I know the tac vest goes over this but this is what I'm looking for.

http://www.tigertactical.com/gallery/Projects/PB030012

When they say "cover" what does it go onto? Would this just need some fake plates?

Old April 6th, 2009, 15:53   #58
oneillciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
I found this at Tiger Tactical and it looks like what I want. They call it a cover but I think all it would require is some foam or fake plates placed inside to be the fragmentation vest I want. I know the tac vest goes over this but this is what I'm looking for.

When they say "cover" what does it go onto? Would this just need some fake plates?
Oh man -- love it. If this was produced I'd invest.
Old April 6th, 2009, 16:02   #59
Lotech

I've been talking with Dave at Tiger so I will see how much he would want to make more of these. If all we need is to place fake plates in this I'm wanting one bigtime. I'll post what I find out because I know there are 6 or 7 of us that want one of these.

Old April 6th, 2009, 16:30   #60
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotech View Post

Yeah I Was talking to someone from Tiger a couple months ago about that...
he said it was a cover for the Soft armour and that you could add the plates...
he said it cost 350$ for just the cover...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion