Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Interest in WE GBB's?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 27th, 2005, 04:05   #46
Mysteryfish

Also wondering about a pre-order deadline...
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 22:34   #47
DEA

Hey guys,

No, for sure, it's still on. But I think everyone that has so far e-mailed me, and will, or have sent in deposits, will get the $159 price tag. If I in fact just go ahead (which I may very well do tonight) and just order a whole bunch, then you will still have over a month to get your name on the list, and send in a deposit for keep the $159 price, but once they land here, and we have them in stock, then anyone wanting one, will have the $170 price tag.

Ok..... I have just placed the following order:

Hi-Capa 5.1 BC x 24 (Dragon)
Hi-Capa 5.1 BB x 24 (Dragon)
Hi-Capa 5.1 AB x 24 (Dragon)
Hi-Capa 5.1 K x 12
Hi-Capa 5.1 x 12
Hi-Capa 5.1 II x 12
Hi-Capa 5.1 M x 12
Hi-Capa 3.8 A x 12
Hi-Capa 3.8 B x 12
5.1 Gas Magazines x 24
5.1 CO2 Magazines x 24
3.8 Magazines Gas x 24

So, as you can see, quantities are limited, and it will be first come, first serve type deal. I am really trying for these to be done, and ready for shipping before the Chinese New Year at the end of January. So if you want one of these for sure, then get your e-mails into me asap.

Or, you can get your order into Tru too!! Tru will take your name and all the good info as well. So either contact myself, or Tru with your details.
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:37   #48
The Saint

I'm rezing this thread because some people here are in contact with the WE people and this is a revelent question to the Hi-Capas. I've come across a post at another forum that claims using the CO2 mag with the Dragon series will promptly cause slide damage. I don't know if the guy got a lemon or what, so can other people help look into this as well, maybe ask WE? Thanks.
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:03   #49
DEA

I will e-mail them right now, and ask the question for you. See what they say.
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:14   #50
DEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
I'm rezing this thread because some people here are in contact with the WE people and this is a revelent question to the Hi-Capas. I've come across a post at another forum that claims using the CO2 mag with the Dragon series will promptly cause slide damage. I don't know if the guy got a lemon or what, so can other people help look into this as well, maybe ask WE? Thanks.
Just spoke to the manufacturer, and yes, they confirm what you say here. The C02 magazines can damage the slides much easier than the gas simply because the pressure is greater. So there you have an honest answer from the manufacturer
Old January 19th, 2006, 21:48   #51
The Saint

Aw damnit, now I have to change me plans. Well, better to know this now than later. :lol: Thanks for the help! :tup:
Old January 19th, 2006, 22:58   #52
v82slo

Email sent Randy. Hoping I can still get a WE Dragon, please, pretty please! :mrgreen:
Old January 20th, 2006, 00:01   #53
Syphen

Email away.. one of those WE Baby Hi-Capa 3.8 A's and a spare mag for it is mine. Give me a qoute and a place to pay by visa and lets get'r done.

Sponsored by Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens
www.bolandhowe.com
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 00:12   #54
DEA

Sorry guys... my shopping cart has not been working. I have our guys working on getting it fixed right now. Sorry for the hassles, but I did get all your e-mails, and have replied. Thank you.
Old January 20th, 2006, 01:58   #55
firemachine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
Just spoke to the manufacturer, and yes, they confirm what you say here. The C02 magazines can damage the slides much easier than the gas simply because the pressure is greater. So there you have an honest answer from the manufacturer

Would a heavier spring be able to compensate for this?

I have the Version K, and wondering if a heavier spring along with the CO2 mags would be feasible.

Anyways, got pricetags for the regular mags?

FYI to everyone, CO2 mags are EXTENDED mags. I found out they generally don't fit non-adjustable pistol mag pouches.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 02:28   #56
DEA

It makes sense that the heavier spring would certianly help the problem, but how much??? not too sure. Maybe is worth doing some tests when they arrive? Take 500 shots or so with each mag, and compare the wear/damage.

As for the pricetag on the mags, just drop me an e-mail to randy@doubleedgeairsoft.com or PM me here. can get you the details.
Old January 20th, 2006, 02:30   #57
mcguyver

i doubt the spring will help. the slide is very thin and there is alot less metal to support the stess from the spring trying to pull the slide forward as the gas is pulling it back. i would think that would be where the problem lies. on the k,m, and 5.1 models as well as the 3.8, this would not be an issue. you can tell when you rack the slide back on a dragon that it feels considerably lighter. if it were me, i would just stick to green/propane for the dragon and the 3.8 and use co2 for the rest. as the 3.8 mag is shorter than a standard mag and using a co2 mag would give it grossly excessive length as to be impractical, IMHO.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:44   #58
Syphen

I got some info from a 3.8 hicapa owner, and he said that the gun is very heavy, 2.1 lbs as opposed to his KWA glock 19 @ 1.1 lbs. The slide wieght is 12oz as opposed to the 8.1oz of the glock 19 slide. Thats a fair amount of weight to be pushed around. The guy who did this measuring also has used a c02 mag in the baby 3.8 a fair bit and says shes mean for fps. It will put clean holes in both sides of a pop can, but he also said its a gas guzzler.

www.bolandhowe.com
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:00   #59
mcguyver

That doesn't shock me at all. I've long said that I felt the W.E. guns on co2 were approaching the 400 fps if not higher. And they seem to work best with co2, but they also use a high-flow valve and they do "guzzle the gas". With rapid firing, you sometimes will not empty a co2 mag of bb's before the gas sublimes to solid "dry ice" in the powerlet and sometimes this happens with green gas, too. The strength of the recoil spring and weight of the slide use up most of the gas energy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:09   #60
Syphen

Well, I ordered a baby 3.8 with 2 standard mags, I will see how it performs for indoor cqb and then maybe get a c02 mag for outdoors usage if the fps is gonna be that high.

I attached some pics that the guy who sent me the info took with his camera phone.

You can see the sweetness of the HUGE c02 mag sticking out the little gun. I know some people said it looks stupid but I don't think it looks any more "stupid" then people who put 50 shot mags in their glock 19's and 23F's, considering this gun is about the same size, if not a little longer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00067-vi.jpg (43.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00069-vi.jpg (43.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00070-vi.jpg (43.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00071-vi.jpg (46.8 KB, 20 views)

www.bolandhowe.com
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion