Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Force Recon & MARSOC Thread

:

USA

Old July 18th, 2011, 22:55   #421
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Nice kit.
Seing the Warloard in real made me want one even more.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 07:43   #422
Frozen Tex

Question: would greenside operators actually tuck in their "blouse", or would it stay untucked for comfort's sake on long patrols?

But, uh... Awesome!

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:55   #423
-Skeletor-
Tex, blouse/shirts tucked in or not would be the choice of the individual dude probably.

Conker, looks good dude, did you find that the cam netting on your pack got caught up on things in the bush?
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:41   #424
Conker

@Tex: Like Skeletor said, more often than not it's down to operator preference. Generally it's tucked, to reduce the likelyness of bugs/debris/other crap you don't want getting in your pants. Except if crossing river/lakes, in order to prevent water from staying in the jacket.
That being said, after a day operating it's highly likely that it will have untucked itself.

@Skeletor: I removed the net itself, so that's just the rubber-ish part that I strapped to the pack. If it did get caugh, it just broke off and didn't slow me down. But it was kinda wrecked at the end of the day.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:53   #425
T9w0rd

Can anyone throw up some pics or link me to pics of MARSOC operators with khaki gear. I've been trying to figure out my kit list, but the whole khaki/coyote brown mixing and matching is throwing me off. And some of them are running multicam right now :P

These are my options for MARSOC, correct? And yep, mostly Flyye gear, and real shit where I can afford it.

-Flyye PC w/cummerbund (Khaki or CB?)
-Flyye MBSS (I'd have to find a MSAP cummerbund, correct? Because only recon would run the MBSS with PACA? Again, Khaki or CB?)
I could also get an RBAV, shits expensive though. And since a CIRAS is no longer used now, that's out of the picture.

I was looking at doing one of these three impressions (MARSOC, FR, Recon), but since I have a block 2 build, it sort of limits me to MARSOC

Thanks guys

Last edited by T9w0rd; July 23rd, 2011 at 10:17..
T9w0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 14:28   #426
Conker

There's a shitload in khaki... Most since 2009 are. Just search for "MARSOC", "MSOB", "MSOT" and "MSOC" on dvidshub and you'll be happy

Your options are correct, however MAR-CIRAS in MJK would still work. The most common, currently, is probably the PC with cum. RBAVs aren't *that* expensive... look on SKDtac and such. But yeah they're more expensive than other options, like the EIPC with cum for about 175$. For the real one (commercial version).

If you have a block2 gun with the Daniel Defense rail, do you have the 9in or the 12.5in one? So far, MARSOC only uses the 12.5in one.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 17:26   #427
T9w0rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
There's a shitload in khaki... Most since 2009 are. Just search for "MARSOC", "MSOB", "MSOT" and "MSOC" on dvidshub and you'll be happy

Your options are correct, however MAR-CIRAS in MJK would still work. The most common, currently, is probably the PC with cum. RBAVs aren't *that* expensive... look on SKDtac and such. But yeah they're more expensive than other options, like the EIPC with cum for about 175$. For the real one (commercial version).

If you have a block2 gun with the Daniel Defense rail, do you have the 9in or the 12.5in one? So far, MARSOC only uses the 12.5in one.
14.5 inch barrel and the 12.5 inch RIS II in FDE. So I guess I'll probably go with the EI PC w/cummerbund in khaki with all khaki pouches, or should I throw some CB in there as well?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 17:41   #428
Conker

Good! Yep, the new MARSOC-LCS (no idea if it's the real name, but basically it's SFLCS with .45 kydex pouches instead of the usual 9mm) is in MJK so you'd be good with all khaki. There's been some mixing when it started getting fielded, but not that much and nowadays it's mostly the MARSOC-LCS (with some private puchase exceptions, but I won't get into that).
Old July 23rd, 2011, 18:07   #429
T9w0rd

Alright great, as far as a pouch set up should I stay along with SFLCS kit? I was also wondering if it was kosher to have a serpa mounted to chest, where an admin pouch would usually go.

And wtfbbqsauce why is a soon to be deployed MARSOC team running multicam, ugh
Old July 23rd, 2011, 18:10   #430
Conker

Never seen a SERPA chest-mounted on MARSOC... usually, it's belt-mounted.

That article you posted on MP.net, well yeah there's some pics of some of these elements on the field (private, unfortunately) but not that whole gucci thing. Let's just say they embelished it a bit for this photo op. But the Crye AC and FAST Ballistic, yes, it's been fielded with at least one MSOC.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 18:14   #431
T9w0rd

Haha yeah you have those private pictures, correct?

And I'm starting to hate myself for making a block 2, I love the marines, I should have stuck with a recon kit.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 18:16   #432
Conker

Yes, I've seen a couple, but I'm sure there's a shitload more I haven't!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 18:19   #433
T9w0rd

lol alright xD

I'm gonna be picking up a FROG set soon, so then it will get started...very slowly...

You think I can run my sawtooths for the kit?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 19:04   #434
Conker

Yes, recently civvy hiking shoes are getting common. That should be good!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 19:53   #435
T9w0rd

Sounds good, I'll keep you guys updated with what I get!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA