ACU

:

USA

Old November 1st, 2009, 20:51   #421
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks View Post
its a private field that i'm in. don't worry i would never play were the public could see us with our guns.
Well the paths were made public by his dad who made them, so its not the cities in theory, which means its all fair game. Now its highly unlikely that we would see people out for a walk as the land is from what i've heard the biggest in waterloo.

BTW this is just an idea, I hope im not getting anyones hopes up, I mean this is the perfect ideal place to hold airsoft games (theres EVEN a smallish airplane garage (fits a personal plane I think, not some massive bomber or commerical airlines)). My friend and I would both have to try convincing his father to allow us to do all this firstly.
Old November 1st, 2009, 22:07   #422
Short Round
Najohn

Here's a photoshoped version of my BDU loadout idea. Now its only a prototype so I am willing to take criticism, and I KNOW in adavance that not the entire image matches each other colour wise but I was too lazy to fix up the colours so everything matched (colour tone wise) but its a rough idea so there.

Last edited by Short Round; November 22nd, 2011 at 11:01..
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 17:02   #423
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Just an FYI, blackhawk uses very early gen arpat, it's as bright as fake arpat and just terribly easy to spot in the field
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 17:32   #424
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Just an FYI, blackhawk uses very early gen arpat, it's as bright as fake arpat and just terribly easy to spot in the field
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...o/IMG_0115.jpg

Okay so i'm guessing the top camo is the early gen ACU, the bottom left is a desert version of the ACU camo and to the right of it is the current gen ACU camo?

Please note I'm just guessing this stuff, I dont know much about my camos

EDIT:

Please note again although not all the colours match each other, the original image that the vest from airsoft gi was taken with a flash which makes it appear more brighter. I know this cause of my work with photography and graphic design in the past. This also goes for the Jacket and Balaclava, BUT the pants were taken in a low lit or poorly lit area which is why the pants appear to be more darker.

Links to where I would buy these products:

Skull Balaclava - eBay (bought for $16 CDN)

Molle Vest - Airsoft GI (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1528)

Jacket - -Surplus IG (http://www.surplusig.com/9/29/41/Battle_Rip_Coat.html)

Pants - Army Issue (http://www.armyissue.com/cube/index....&productId=468)

Does anyone have a comparison of ACU and ABU camo?

Last edited by Short Round; November 2nd, 2009 at 21:25..
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:16   #425
The_Decider

-your best bet is to get the tunic annd pants from the same manufacturer. if the tone of the vest is alittle bit off who cares, as it will not be a perfect match to the uniform.
-second the tunic in the link is acu but the picture is of that Digital urban stuff which basically looks like dark ACU (if that makes Sense).
-one thing you dont want to do is get cheap fake arpat uniform set as the cheap fake stuff looks like crap and wont match anything that well.
The_Decider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:21   #426
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Decider View Post
-your best bet is to get the tunic annd pants from the same manufacturer. if the tone of the vest is alittle bit off who cares, as it will not be a perfect match to the uniform.
-second the tunic in the link is acu but the picture is of that Digital urban stuff which basically looks like dark ACU (if that makes Sense).
-one thing you dont want to do is get cheap fake arpat uniform set as the cheap fake stuff looks like crap and wont match anything that well.
Okay, now how well does abu and acu go together? Surplus ig has a nice pair of abu pants that is a more woodland type of acu camo but they don't sell abu molle vests, so ya.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:26   #427
The_Decider

The ABU is the new airforce digital tigerstripe uniform, and currently the airforce uses ACU vests on top of ABU uniforms...so they match great.....I think anyways and ...it looked good in Iron Man the movie too LOL.

But dont mix an ACU top with ABU pants and ACU vest, thats just farb.

Last edited by The_Decider; November 3rd, 2009 at 00:27.. Reason: I Kant SPEELL Guood
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:09   #428
Frozen Tex

Quote:
The ABU is the new airforce digital tigerstripe uniform, and currently the airforce uses ACU vests on top of ABU uniforms...so they match great.....I think anyways and ...it looked good in Iron Man the movie too LOL.

But dont mix an ACU top with ABU pants and ACU vest, thats just farb.
And the ABU uniform is really just the old BDU cut; it doesn't have the cool features of the ACU.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:12   #429
Short Round
Najohn

So If I get ABU pants, digital subdued jacket and ACU vest, i'm good to go or should I stick with the matching ACU vest and pants?

Last edited by Short Round; November 3rd, 2009 at 15:38..
Old November 3rd, 2009, 22:19   #430
The_Decider

whatever you go with for camo, is up to you BUT...keep it the same ie. get a complete set of ACU or a complete set of ABU dont mix top +Pants +vests from 3 different pattens or you will look like a tard. and scratch that subdued urban crap unless you only want to look like some sort of uber 1337 umbrella resident evil guy. if you want to be different get a set of ABU with ACU vest or folliege green Vest that works OR ACU set and ACU vest dont cut corners and mix too many patterns as that just looks sloppy.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
And the ABU uniform is really just the old BDU cut; it doesn't have the cool features of the ACU.
Yes but that is not allways a bad thing.
I am a huge fan of the Navy working uniform at least there is some flexability on that uniform.

In my opinion the US army should switch to sage boots, but oh well

Last edited by The_Decider; November 3rd, 2009 at 22:23..
Old November 3rd, 2009, 22:33   #431
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
whatever you go with for camo, is up to you BUT...keep it the same ie. get a complete set of ACU or a complete set of ABU dont mix top +Pants +vests from 3 different pattens or you will look like a tard. and scratch that subdued urban crap unless you only want to look like some sort of uber 1337 umbrella resident evil guy. if you want to be different get a set of ABU with ACU vest or folliege green Vest that works OR ACU set and ACU vest dont cut corners and mix too many patterns as that just looks sloppy.

--

Yes but that is not allways a bad thing.
I am a huge fan of the Navy working uniform at least there is some flexability on that uniform.

In my opinion the US army should switch to sage boots, but oh well
alright sounds like a plan. The reason why im getting the subdued digital jacket is to replicate the modern warefare 2 character ghost but with an ACU loadout instead of tan. Images below I think.

EDIT

I updated my photoshoped image since i had nothing else to do..... for once, pretty much what my loadout would look like with the p90 double mag pouches BUT the vest would be the exact same one just in the ACU camo. And yes thats a chinese flag, damn proud of that flag and country, i'll put the canadian one on the other side too if I can even find a place that sells flag patches.

Last edited by Short Round; November 22nd, 2011 at 11:02..
Old November 4th, 2009, 21:52   #432
The_Decider

go with a dark grey shirt then and find a subdued chinese flag. red is a little too visable
Old November 4th, 2009, 22:24   #433
Short Round
Najohn

Talking

Quote:
go with a dark grey shirt then and find a subdued chinese flag. red is a little too visable
haha I know just put that their as a little humor.

BTW got my skull balaclava today, I think im going to wearing this thing everywhere it is so comfy, all I need is googles and Im good to go

Now that look at the Black vest it looks better with the overall look and the Pouch give enough ACU colour atleast to me for the outfit. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Short Round; November 4th, 2009 at 22:48..
Old November 5th, 2009, 18:25   #434
The_Decider

I dont really think black and ACU work.
Old November 5th, 2009, 18:31   #435
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
I dont really think black and ACU work.
ACU vest it is. ohya anyone have photos of the ACu vest/ABU pants combo from iron man? someone mentioned this to me before but I forget who

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA