Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian loadout *56K beware*

:

Canadian

Old December 11th, 2007, 21:11   #391
jtf60

Send a message via AIM to jtf60
Can anyone tell me the name of the standard body armor worn by Canadian forces and is it possible to get surplus carriers in CADPAT or even the old CANADIAN OD? Also is the older CANADIAN OD uniform the same cut as the CADPAT?

I am in the states and bought a set of CADPAT at a surplus shop a year ago, The chest pockets are slanted is this issue?

Thanks alot for any help.
jtf60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 21:20   #392
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
The BFV is from pacific safety products. I remember seeing a repro carrier that looked damn close somewhere about 6 months ago. Will see if I can dig it up. As for the uniform look inside for the standard NATO sizing tag.

Edit: place where I saw the vest was CEL surplus though it does not appear they are around anymore. Next best thing would be this I guess: http://www.tigertactical.com/productlist-05.php cadpat body armour carrier

Last edited by Hades; December 11th, 2007 at 21:27..
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 21:39   #393
jtf60

Thanks alot for the Tiger Tactical link. I like that armor carrier and I thihk my SECOND CHANCE inserts will fit in there. I love this pattern but getting gear is so hit and miss , wish I was in CANADA sometimes to get stuff..LOL. Anyway thank you so much for the help. Ohh..and there are some great Loadouts I have seen on here.
Old December 11th, 2007, 21:45   #394
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
You can get them to custom make it so they will fit. I have some TT gear and the quality is top notch.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 22:55   #395
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL- View Post
You shouldn't be able to get any CADPAT Plate carriers, least not the issue ones.

lol you are kidding arent ya?

Speaking of PSP carriers, I just finished making some accessories for mine to test out this week at splatters... Pics as soon as I locate my camera

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 23:36   #396
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
An now the CADPAT uniforms are not the same cut as the old OD ones. They are similar but theres some differences; bigger chest pockets, epilletes on the shoulders are removed, an there is one on the chest, etc.
Don't forget that the latest generation (Gen3) have the covered buttons...
Old December 12th, 2007, 00:01   #397
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Don't really want to get into this but, just because you were able to purchase it off ebay or whatever doesn't mean you got it legitly, etc, etc
I'll have to side with Mike on this one, the cover AND armour is a touch over the top...and undoubtedly would grab an MP's attention should a cranky CF member ever see you wearing it...
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:03   #398
Zeonprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
I'll have to side with Mike on this one, the cover AND armour is a touch over the top...and undoubtedly would grab an MP's attention should a cranky CF member ever see you wearing it...

never said I had the internal armour... as for where I got it.. nice fellow who had a spare carrier after he returned from 'Stan. I've also had a many CF see me with it. never an issue there either. It's a Canadian loadout thread boys. Relax a bit. look at the vest, I'm not trying to pass off as CF, put pay more of a homage to the CF. My TV is a CPgear vest, with CPgear pouches, HSGI and TT pouches and a PROUD admin pouch and a Madmorbius custom shotgun pouch on the back (not in that photo). If you guys want to complain about people wanting to dress like some of the best soldiers in the world, make a new thread for that. Personally, my family has been in this land for over 200 years (yup two hundred) and I have had nearly every member of my family serve Queen(and King) and country since we came here. I'm a proud Canadian. All the stuff I have has been used in service so I'm not taking something new off one of our brave soldier's backs.

So let's get back on topic shall we?

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:41   #399
Rukus

The covered buttons was originally the Airforce cadpat, the Army version actually still has the open buttons. They must have finally got rid of them in the system. I haven't seen many of that type around in the clothing stores, but there still are a few people running around with the open buttoned ones. They have been leaning towards the covered buttons more because well they work better, don't get hooked on cam nets, and nobody can ding you for not having your pockets buttoned up lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 21:55   #400
jtf60

Are these real deal?

Old December 12th, 2007, 22:07   #401
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Those are legit.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 22:14   #402
jtf60

Sweet, I had seen on the Canadian Army site that there were zipper pockets on the brest posket on the ones there and I was afraid I had gotten ripped off. I absolutely love this pattern and want to do as spot on of an impression as I can of CF. I have a CADPAT ARKTIS 1601 is that accptable? I read on the net somewhere that some CF personel bought there own rigs and one dood was talking about the ARKTIS. I still want an issue or replica of an isse rig though. This thread has been a great source of info for my loadout..thanks alot for the help.
Old December 12th, 2007, 22:16   #403
Rukus

Yes I'd say those qualify as being right on. I have a set of fake stuff from CP gear. Generally the fake stuff will be obviously fake, buttons, size tags, velcrow for the name tag and flag on your shoulder would all be good indicators to figure out if it is fake or not, and the rank slip-on flap. My fake stuff actually says Cadpat on it in bold letters lol.

As for the Chest rigs, a lot were buying their own because the tact vest can only hold so much, and lets face it their basic load out was a lot more aggressive than what the tact vest could comfortably handle. There were some that still used the issue tact vest over there, but a majority of the actual combat troops ie the infantry would go over with their own stuff, as well as a few of my arty buddies. Most of the personal vests included more mag pouches, better access to the mags, lots of storage for additional gear like water and more comfort in extreme climates. Some guys just sold their gear to the people coming into the stan rather than taking it home with them after they were done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23

Last edited by Rukus; December 12th, 2007 at 22:23..
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 22:30   #404
jtf60

Hmmm intresting. Do you know what your MINIMI gunners get issued in the way of rigs? Is it something different than the standard rig?

Ohh.and zeroprime..that is the bodyarmor CF use? Looks fricking awsome. Whatis the name of that and can you tell me where I might be able to get just the shell without ballisitc inserts?
Old December 12th, 2007, 22:48   #405
Zeonprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf60 View Post
Ohh.and zeroprime..that is the bodyarmor CF use? Looks fricking awsome. Whatis the name of that and can you tell me where I might be able to get just the shell without ballisitc inserts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonprime
armour... as for where I got it.. nice fellow who had a spare carrier after he returned from 'Stan.
not really a where I got it...they are rare and hard to come by. I just had dumb luck or good timing depending on your point of view.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian