Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 13th, 2013, 18:41   #376
Danke

I'll probably put the black safety trigger in.
Old March 13th, 2013, 19:11   #377
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I'll probably put the black safety trigger in.
But it would look hot with the Gold barrel!...
Old March 13th, 2013, 20:57   #378
Danke

I'll suspect it'll be the gold too. Depends how close a match it is in colour though. Too off key is a deal breaker.
Old March 13th, 2013, 21:37   #379
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I'll suspect it'll be the gold too. Depends how close a match it is in colour though. Too off key is a deal breaker.
lol. Said that jokingly.

I think that set is a bit more yellowish-gold (which is why I never rock it) more than anything. It looks "pale-gold" in comparison to the barrel. I think that it doesn't match the AS barrel at all, IMO. But that's just me.
Old March 15th, 2013, 15:08   #380
kaiju

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

The hop up in my TM G26 had a chunk break off and I was wondering if a hop up for a TM G17 will fit in my TM G26?
kaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 15:17   #381
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiju View Post
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

The hop up in my TM G26 had a chunk break off and I was wondering if a hop up for a TM G17 will fit in my TM G26?
I think it is the same, TM uses the same Hop Up rubber for many pistols
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 15:25   #382
kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
I think it is the same, TM uses the same Hop Up rubber for many pistols
Sorry i should have said the chunk broke off of the casing and not the rubber. I see there are couple aftermarket hop up casings for the G17 and i want to know if it will fit in my G26. If I need to do any filing/removing of material that is fine.

TSC_CNC_Hop_Up_Chamber_For_Marui_G17_18C (TS-92)

AIP Aluminum Hop-Up Base for Marui G17 / G18 GBB Pistol (AIP-GK-11)

Last edited by kaiju; March 15th, 2013 at 17:19..
kaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 15:46   #383
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiju View Post
Sorry i should have said the chuck broke off of the casing and not the rubber. I see there are couple aftermarket hop up casings for the G17 and i want to know if it will fit in my G26. If I need to do any filing/removing of material that is fine.

TSC_CNC_Hop_Up_Chamber_For_Marui_G17_18C (TS-92)

AIP Aluminum Hop-Up Base for Marui G17 / G18 GBB Pistol (AIP-GK-11)
http://www.get-reload.com/aip-alumin...es-p-1447.html

This should be fine, the says for TM Glock Series
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:20   #384
kar120c

[QUOTE=e-luder;1770466]That Guarder Steel valve knocker sux.
I installed alot of those in many guns and they needed heavy modification. *ALL* of them would jam the hammer preventing it from dropping. As a result, the gun light strikes. SOmetimes the valve knocker won't even move.

You need to modify the rounded area next to the pin hole. That's that part that hammer uses to push the valve knocker forward. Sand it down a little bit.

BE CAREFUL. DO NOT SAND TOO MUCH OFF OR YOU WILL CAUSE THE ADVERSE EFFECT AND YOUR VALVE KNOCKER WILL BE USELESS.

You need to sand both sides. Keep testing and refitting. Little by little it should be optimized properly....

Can you tell me precisely how I should modify the Guarder knocker or post a pic, if possible?
I just ordered the Shooter Design knocker but until I got it I'll try some tests with the Guarder
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:39   #385
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
If you don't modify the Guarder knocker, it will never fully interact with the Marui Magazine properly. The problem is I think that the strike face of the TM magazine valve sits prouder than the KJW one. That's why the Guarder Knocker works better with the KJW mag because the Guarder knocker has more room to slip and hit KJW mag valve.

You can either shorten the valve knocker or shorten the actual TM valve strike face.

I suggest you take a video so we can all see what the exact problem is....
Today new tests and I made a discover:
The issue with the Marui magazine is only when I insert it with the hammer uncocked and never when it is cocked.
doing this without the slide and mag the only differences I see are that when the valve knocker is out of its window when the hammer is cocked it retracts very easily with a little "click" and when the hammer is uncocked it is harder to retract and spring loaded but this is normal and my Detonics also do this, so I discovered this, as you can see in the pic the knocler is taller on the right side an the dimostration is that the major wear in in that side.
After this desctription may you help me?

Last edited by kar120c; March 17th, 2013 at 12:21..
Old March 17th, 2013, 22:03   #386
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Today new tests and I made a discover:
The issue with the Marui magazine is only when I insert it with the hammer uncocked and never when it is cocked.
doing this without the slide and mag the only differences I see are that when the valve knocker is out of its window when the hammer is cocked it retracts very easily with a little "click" and when the hammer is uncocked it is harder to retract and spring loaded but this is normal and my Detonics also do this, so I discovered this, as you can see in the pic the knocler is taller on the right side an the dimostration is that the major wear in in that side.
After this desctription may you help me?

The valve knocker IS NOT suppose to be able to to retract if the hammer is up. This is the battery position. The reason why it can't retract is because it is being blocked by the hammer itself. When the hammer is cocked and the disconnector is tripped, the valve knocker will charge because there is nothing to prevent it from retracting....

As for the wear of your knocker, it's perfectly normal for knockers to wear from the actual impact it makes to the valve. Or if for some reason, the valve makes contact with it when you insert/drop the magazine.

I don't exactly know how to fix your gun as I don't really have it front of me to inspect. But judging from your previous description, I believe the problem is from the Tokyo Maui magazine since all of your other KJW magazines work. normally.

I think that the magazine valve on the Marui magazine may sit a bit higher. This would not allow the proper clearance for your knocker to hit the valve efficiently. And since you've uprated your hammer spring already, I think you are able to produce a good strike. If you have a spare valve knocker to modify, I suggest you try shortening its length and test firing. See if that works.

I would inspect again how your valve knocker interacts with your Marui magazine.
Old March 20th, 2013, 15:56   #387
Loudy

Hello there e-luder, I've been reading this thread for a while now, I have a nice TM G17 with some neat upgrades and a smooth cycle as a "lizard on ice"! Thanks to this thread.

Now the thing is I want to get a G18, as much as I love using my G17 it isn't enough :S
As I came to understand the WE is pretty much a Marui copy, no matter which one I take I'm gonna upgrade it, So I'm thinking I should get the WE which costs less knowing I'm gonna upgrade it anyway.
Loudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 18:44   #388
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudy View Post
Hello there e-luder, I've been reading this thread for a while now, I have a nice TM G17 with some neat upgrades and a smooth cycle as a "lizard on ice"! Thanks to this thread.

Now the thing is I want to get a G18, as much as I love using my G17 it isn't enough :S
As I came to understand the WE is pretty much a Marui copy, no matter which one I take I'm gonna upgrade it, So I'm thinking I should get the WE which costs less knowing I'm gonna upgrade it anyway.
If you're planning to upgrade it, I suggest you do it with an original Marui system. Clones are a bit iffy to work with. Sometimes, parts don't work out the way you want them to.

For example, the WE G18c CAN'T use a Marui spec loading muzzle. It's simply too big.

If you want a bit less headache, I suggest you stick with the original Marui system. Keep in mind, most aftermarket parts are designed for use with the Marui system. So they use Marui specifications. As I have experienced in the past, clones are not 100% the same as the original. They rarely are.

However, there are some clones out there that do follow original OEM specs and have a successful drop in rate. Sadly, I can't say that the WE Glocks fall in this category. A lot of the times, I've had to modify certain aftermaket parts to successfully optimize their functionality in the WE system. Plus, I find that most WE pistols are not very consistant. Two of the Glocks I'm working on now have slightly different dimensions. Which I find very peculiar. This results in me modifying one part to fit one of the guns but when I do the swap to the other gun, the part is almost too tight.

I guess the moral of the story is....
Stick it out and buy the Marui system. It will lessen the chances of your upgrades not fitting in properly...
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:24   #389
Loudy

Yea I guess I'll stick with the marui, almost everything was drop in on my g17

Last edited by Loudy; March 23rd, 2013 at 07:48..
Loudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 22:13   #390
RussiaIsNeat

What slide and frame is closest to an actual glock? I have a serpa for a 17, but it won't fit because it's too wide.
RussiaIsNeat is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications