Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 9th, 2014, 18:20   #286
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
While I like the idea of running it without a hpa line, I think I prefer the line over the hideous looking in butt stock tanks... sorta ruins the immersion factor for me and reminds me of ugly milsim paintball markers that sorta look like a deformed mutant M4/AK...

Now if you can get the tanks down to something similiar to Angrygun's M4 stock adaptor gas tank or G&P's buffer tube gas tank for the Marui M870, it'd be a whole different story and everyone would be over that like ants on honey... if it can last "X" number of mags.
Old June 9th, 2014, 18:49   #287
Danke

Don't think that would work; you'd be changing the buffer tube tank out every mag and a half by my yardstick. Not much fuel in there for a thirsty blowback system.
Old June 9th, 2014, 19:24   #288
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
I know, that buffer tube tank is tiny, hence all the "if's". I'm just using it as an aesthetic comparison against the other in-stock gas tank.

Its definitely fine with the HPA line as is. It honestly wouldn't get in the way anymore than a single point sling would and you can run more air than a butt stock tank anyways. I really can't see any airsofter using an in-stock tank system like that though, I mean you're better off playing paintball if you want to run that visual atrocity :P

Btw, does anyone know if the Tippmann M4 is using a milspec or commercial spec buffer tube?
Old June 9th, 2014, 19:40   #289
w1lp33

Fairly certain the airsoft go video specified milspec buffer tube.
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 15:29   #290
scorpiawn

Hey I don't know if you've received further info or not, but I can tell you it functions identically to the real steal rifle. The bolt must be charged before firing, just like the RS, it's take down for basic maintenance velocity adjustment is designed after the RS version aswell! Checkout airsoft GI's 2 part review of the this gbbr on YouTube!
scorpiawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 15:32   #291
scorpiawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFourTwelve View Post
It doesn't look like it has a functioning bolt which is kinda sad for a gas gun. But The idea of it with a bit more work could actually be feasible to compete with the other guns on the market.

What i don't get is the CO2 puncture when loaded. You're not only going to use 80 bbs for a game, so when you reload, does the 12g cartridge just go to waste?
Hey I don't know if you've received further info or not, but I can tell you it functions identically to the real steal rifle. The bolt must be charged before firing, just like the RS, it's take down for basic maintenance velocity adjustment is designed after the RS version aswell! Checkout airsoft GI's 2 part review of the this gbbr on YouTube! Hope it helps!
scorpiawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 17:07   #292
Crossfire034

I sound like a broken record here, but I still wonder why none of these reviews physically show how the hop adjustment works- all we've been told so far is that it (and the inner barrel) use standard AEG parts, and the hop is dialed with an allen key. Which is all fine and dandy, but I'd like to, you know, see it.

Last edited by Crossfire034; July 28th, 2014 at 17:13..
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 17:22   #293
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiawn View Post
Hey I don't know if you've received further info or not, but I can tell you it functions identically to the real steal rifle. The bolt must be charged before firing, just like the RS, it's take down for basic maintenance velocity adjustment is designed after the RS version aswell! Checkout airsoft GI's 2 part review of the this gbbr on YouTube!
You obviously never seen, yet handle a real AR-based rifle...

So far, not buy.

I will stick to WE or Daytona if I want to run a remote line.

At least the WE DOES function and strip like the real thing.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 17:53   #294
DustMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMagnet View Post
As a reference point, Tippmann is showing CAD$ 399.95 on their website. If there was a MAP, presumably that would be it?
Now listed at CAD$499.00 for preorder - that's ~$100 less interesting. Not off the table, just diminished value.
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 19:12   #295
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
They redesigned the system to be rid of the 'wastes a CO2 every mag drop' issue. Not sure why it caused a full $100 increase but that is they're explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiawn View Post
Hey I don't know if you've received further info or not, but I can tell you it functions identically to the real steal rifle. The bolt must be charged before firing, just like the RS, it's take down for basic maintenance velocity adjustment is designed after the RS version aswell! Checkout airsoft GI's 2 part review of the this gbbr on YouTube! Hope it helps!
Um, what?
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 20:41   #296
Kos-Mos

Hahhaha I missed that part.

So there is no way to adjust the FPS, the only thing you can do is change ammunition type and barrel length to change the velocity of the BB?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 16:17   #297
Caelan

Any idea what month this gun will be available to buy in Canada?
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 11:25   #298
Adrenalineguy

I can confirm that Tippmann has told there dealers that they can expect release of our pre orders the last week of September.
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 11:26   #299
Adrenalineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Hahhaha I missed that part.

So there is no way to adjust the FPS, the only thing you can do is change ammunition type and barrel length to change the velocity of the BB?
FPS is adjustable from about 270 to 400+
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 15:53   #300
dreamkiller

anybody know who plans to sell this in Canada (particularly in GTA area)? I'd like to pre-order this.
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion