Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

40mm CO2 airsoft grenade maintenance.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 3rd, 2009, 14:00   #16
Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
That makes me think, Would regulated HPA be any good in GBB's to combat the cooling effect?
probably not the greatest idea for gbb. hpa's use in a grenade is doable since it's a songle blast so there's no constant change in pressue...it's just there or gone.

if you were to use it in a gbb you'd get what could be interpreted as a constant cool down effect since the pressure would drop after every shot. gbb mags arent made for massive over pressurization either.

hey h1tman....how many fills are you getting out of a hpa tank?
Old December 3rd, 2009, 15:11   #17
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
probably not the greatest idea for gbb. hpa's use in a grenade is doable since it's a songle blast so there's no constant change in pressue...it's just there or gone.

if you were to use it in a gbb you'd get what could be interpreted as a constant cool down effect since the pressure would drop after every shot. gbb mags arent made for massive over pressurization either.

hey h1tman....how many fills are you getting out of a hpa tank?
I have an HPA tank that I was trying to sell with my painball gear. if it works and gets similar range then we can use it. both are usually free.

I've already blown a burst disk on the first fill up because the kid doing the fill did it too quickly.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 20:14   #18
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

My tank is pretty big, a 68 cubic inches and 4500 PSI when full. Regulator is factory set at 850 PSI.

I haven't gone throught a the tank yet with about 100 fills. I lost about 1000 pounds of pressure so far.

We made some tests the other day between CO2 and HPA with the same grenade at the same pressure level. The distance was very similar, and without mesuring I would say the same.

Me and my buddy plan on doing some tests this weekend with a tornado grenade at about 150 PSI since the safety valve blows at 170 PSI.

Like stated by other the problem with HPA in a GBB is the constant lost of pressure will act similar to a cool down effect. CO2 and propane inside the tank are in a liquid state that will offgas. Also a CO2 tank of the same size as an HPA tank will yield more shoots per tank than an HPA with the same paintball marker due to expension of the liquid CO2. Simply put the internal pressure is maintained for more effectively over sucessive shots.

Last edited by H1TMAN; December 3rd, 2009 at 20:24..
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 21:48   #19
Duckman

interesting...keep me in the loop on your tests will ya?
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:45   #20
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

no problem duckman.
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:12   #21
coach
aka coachster

hmmm...HPA would mean cold weather use of 40mm's...

rats. wish I had a full tank of air.
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:40   #22
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Hmmm.........HPA on my nades.......Evil thoughts are brewing
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:16   #23
Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Hmmm.........HPA on my nades.......Evil thoughts are brewing
dont start with the sinister laughing yet man...remember the mortar incident. high pei is high psi...
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:20   #24
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

HPA in the tornado grenade does not yeild good results. Looks like were stuck with propane. Time delay was close to 10 seconds and most of the bb did not come out.
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:03   #25
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMAN View Post
HPA in the tornado grenade does not yeild good results. Looks like were stuck with propane. Time delay was close to 10 seconds and most of the bb did not come out.
care to try it on a Madbull king grenade??
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:54   #26
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Anybody else have problems with the gas valve on the Mad Bull M922A1 model warping and not resetting? I had to disassemble it for every reset till i filled the area around the ball bearings down. Not common problem is it? [running propane in it]

Last edited by AngelusNex; December 6th, 2009 at 11:54.. Reason: added propane part
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:58   #27
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Anybody else have problems with the gas valve on the Mad Bull M922A1 model warping and not resetting? I had to disassemble it for every reset till i filled the area around the ball bearings down. Not common problem is it? [running propane in it]
It was doing the same thing on my kings but when i disassembled the nade I realise that there were no grease left to hold the bearings so all i did was just pack it again with grease and voila problem fixed
Old December 6th, 2009, 13:35   #28
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
care to try it on a Madbull king grenade??
Jay, just did some testing on a king. started with 200, then 400 and finally 600psi. one series with CO2, then with HPA. fill times seemed to be equivalent and the sound of a dry fire appeared to be identical.

I then did a final test with HPA and only 1 BB per tube @600psi. OMG! I wish I had the space to see how far they went. They travelled perfectly straight and I could make out the 12 round formation all the way to my target box. near zero separation at 20 feet. imagine a ring of BB's moving away from you maintaining it's original shape.

I know loading 204 BB's will take a bit away from only loading one in each tube but dude, it's sick!

Conclusion: if you got HPA, go for it.

Caveat: I haven't tried at higher PSI nor do I need to at this time. I can not state the longevity of running HPA at this time neither.

I'll be using nades on the 19th for sure now.
Old December 6th, 2009, 13:36   #29
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
what exactly did you file down? I'd have recommended against doing that .

grease or heavy weight silly oil will hold the bearings in place.

Last edited by coach; December 6th, 2009 at 14:03..
Old December 6th, 2009, 13:48   #30
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Jay, just did some testing on a king. started with 200, then 400 and finally 600psi. one series with CO2, then with HPA. fill times seemed to be equivalent and the sound of a dry fire appeared to be identical.

I then did a final test with HPA and only 1 BB per tube @600psi. OMG! I wish I had the space to see how far they went. They travelled perfectly straight and I could make out the 12 round formation all the way to my target box. near zero separation at 20 feet. imagine a ring of BB's moving away from you maintaining it's original shape.

I know loading 204 BB's will take a bit away from only loading one in each tube but dude, it's sick!

Conclusion: if you got HPA, go for it.

Caveat: I haven't tried at higher PSI nor do I need to at this time. I can not state the longevity of running HPA at this time neither.

I'll be using nades on the 19th for sure now.
looks like I better get all the seals done this week
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner