cadpat 1st generation

:

Canadian

Old January 3rd, 2006, 02:47   #16
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctaz
other question for you, when CF start to use CadPat items?

McTaz
I know that the first CADPAT items on mass-issue were the helmet covers, and I think that was as far back as '98. However, CADPAT was issued earlier while it was in trials.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 14:04   #17
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Quote:
other question for you, when CF start to use CadPat items?

McTaz
I know that the first CADPAT items on mass-issue were the helmet covers, and I think that was as far back as '98. However, CADPAT was issued earlier while it was in trials.
I Black Hawk,
i have 2 helmet cover and first is in Heavy WT material and second is il Ligth WT, i think that first is old.

I have make question because i have one trousers with buttons exposed and with this on belt lops but label said that is made in 2001.

McTaz
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 14:28   #18
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
IIRC helmet covers were being issued way before '98, I think Recon has a firm date in mind, but i think it was closer to '96 or 95 if you were deployed.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:11   #19
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
I have make question because i have one trousers with buttons exposed and with this on belt lops but label said that is made in 2001.

McTaz
That would be Gen1. Mine are the exact same. Do your pocket flaps have a brown velcro?
Old January 4th, 2006, 13:04   #20
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Quote:

McTaz
That would be Gen1. Mine are the exact same. Do your pocket flaps have a brown velcro?
Yes Black Hawk,
in trouser have brown velcro.
In shirt (2001 made) have dark green velcro.
Old January 4th, 2006, 19:01   #21
Wiersema

Send a message via MSN to Wiersema
I'm pretty sure i have all 3 gen of cadpat. Just not the 1st gen pants.
Wiersema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 06:22   #22
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
IIRC helmet covers were being issued way before '98, I think Recon has a firm date in mind, but i think it was closer to '96 or 95 if you were deployed.
Hi Goldman,
i go to see in helmet cover and i see one label but in this there aren't factory years

McTaz
Old January 6th, 2006, 06:25   #23
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiersema
I'm pretty sure i have all 3 gen of cadpat. Just not the 1st gen pants.
I Wiersema,
i sure too, i understand that you are in army and i think you have last type of uniform.

McTaz
Old January 10th, 2006, 22:16   #24
Wiersema

Send a message via MSN to Wiersema
Only regs get all brand new combats my fine feathered friend. Us members of 38bgd that get our kit from 17 wing in Winnipeg :x get whats known as "old combats" which are indeed faded and have been in the system for many a year. So McTaz, sorry to say fellow, you are wrong. :mrgreen:
Wiersema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 14:57   #25
BawBag

Uhmmm.. I'm in reserves.. I got 60% all new kit... 2 of 3 combat sets is new... Don't know why anywhere else would be any different...
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 15:40   #26
-Skeletor-
Wiersema, just because you think something that happened to you is happening to everyone else is completly FALSE.

I, an every other reserve I know got BRAND NEW CADPAT uniforms, boots, goretex, etc Not pre issued kit.

The only pre issued uniforms I've ever gotten an seen other people gotten were the old OD combats, field jackets, etc That was back in '03, so none of that is being issued anymore(with the exception of maybe the old field jackets, black gloves, etc).

Supply should not be re issuing faded CADPAT(if it is white/ near white) uniforms to anyone. That stuff gets destroyed.

Most of the CADPAT being issued out now is Gen3, but sometimes people get issued some Gen2 items; but even those Gen2 items would be unissued(if they werent, they would still have to be in good condition).

Some items IECS you may be issued could have been issued out before, but it would also have to be in very good shape to be issued out again to someone else. Just because you are Reserve does not mean you get issued all the shitty worn out kid. That is 100% false.

Only post things you know as FACT, don't assume anything.
Old January 11th, 2006, 16:11   #27
Psycho softer

ya i have CADPAT but it's wierd my pants private slip on and helmet cover if you look at em close up they have little shiney spots and my combat shirt does not have it there all real issued CADPAT every thing exept the pant's are in perfect condition so can any one tell me y the Pants helmet cover and private slip look that way oh my pants and shirt are gen3 with covered button's and stuff
Old January 11th, 2006, 16:18   #28
ouyin2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
...Supply should not be re issuing faded CADPAT(if it is white/ near white) uniforms to anyone. That stuff gets destroyed...
Just for informational purposes.

The Gen 1 CADPAT is not being destroyed. Some (if not all) of the faded/worn/non-serviceable CADPAT Generation 1 (Uncovered buttons) is being sold off to surplus stores. Which is why so many people have it now. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakedestroyer
Watching videos and reading a book means dick all. By that thought process I can read a book on advanced physics and Kung Fu and make rockets that could round-house kick mars
ouyin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 16:30   #29
BawBag

Gen1 is good for nothing. It's junk...

ouyin2000- Sig a little big, no?
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 17:38   #30
-Skeletor-
Ouyin, I worked in Clothing Stores at ASU Chilliwack for a month. I destroyed a lot of faded/un useable CADPAT.

Sometimes you can get shiny parts on the slipon, not really sure from what but I've never seen it devolp on anything else.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian