Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

should i get hurricane holosight or clones?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 24th, 2010, 21:42   #16
273BeLow

Send a message via MSN to 273BeLow
I've always found the ones ebaybanned sell to be very very good for a fraction of the hurricanes cost!

Full adjust, no ghosting, no darkness through glass like some eotech copies. Oddly some have the eotech branding on right hand side (this one didn't) but always have the markings on photo below.

Oh yea I ordered the one without the flip up sights and they came in the box anyways!

I paid £35 which is about CAD$53~ shipped

Sorry hard to get this photographed!

mounted on G&G Scar L cqc
273BeLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 23:48   #17
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
The last time I checked the MSRP on a bushnell gen 2 holosight is ~179 in Canada from wholesale sports. Personally I think it's a waste of money to buy a site for your gun unless you have enough mags/ batteries/ BB's, boots, BDU/s Chest rig / Water bladder etc. Those other items are a far higher priority.

I can't find any resources online for this, so correct me if I am wrong. A milsim paintball enthusiast (and tactical shooter, tactical nylon manufacturer, ex mercenary) told me that you should never mount a real steel optic onto a paintball gun or GBBR because the recoil systems function in reverse of a real firearm which the optics are designed for. Thus rattling the optics to pieces. He has 2 dead eotechs to back up this claim.
EOTechs are sadly a bit susceptible to recoil; since the battery is in line with the motion the contacts take a hammering, thus the new config of the EXP with the battery perpendicular to the axis of recoil.

The optic itself can't tell if it was kicked in the head or the ass first by recoil so saying a paintball or GBB or AEG will kill a real optic is mayhaps confused. The impulse of those items vs. a real rifle is a baby's kiss vs a bite from a pit bull.
Old June 25th, 2010, 00:41   #18
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
EOTechs are sadly a bit susceptible to recoil; since the battery is in line with the motion the contacts take a hammering, thus the new config of the EXP with the battery perpendicular to the axis of recoil.

The optic itself can't tell if it was kicked in the head or the ass first by recoil so saying a paintball or GBB or AEG will kill a real optic is mayhaps confused. The impulse of those items vs. a real rifle is a baby's kiss vs a bite from a pit bull.
Thanks for clarifying. As a real steel shooter and a non gbbr owner I couldn't figure out if this was true or some kind of urban legend. I have seen real eotechs pop the battery cover (500's models) from use on ARs, and was aware of the battery contact issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 00:48   #19
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post

I can't find any resources online for this, so correct me if I am wrong. A milsim paintball enthusiast (and tactical shooter, tactical nylon manufacturer, ex mercenary) told me that you should never mount a real steel optic onto a paintball gun or GBBR because the recoil systems function in reverse of a real firearm which the optics are designed for. Thus rattling the optics to pieces. He has 2 dead eotechs to back up this claim.

I call BS ... RS sights are hardened against all shock .. clones are just crap " costume gear"
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:30   #20
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I call BS ... RS sights are hardened against all shock .. clones are just crap " costume gear"
Somewhat true but it had to do with rifle scopes on airguns and crossbows due to the reverse recoil.

As for clones, Ive got an unknown clone on my Bushmaster and it's perfect so far and served it last master on the same gun just as well.

Problems with clones is you have a higher chance of a lemon.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:43   #21
doc_pathfinders

nice to see when BS is stamped on, if a sight can handle being on an m240 then it can handle _anything_ that airsoft and paintball can throw at it (barring the battery contact issues mentioned)

*excluding stupid actions like 'being shot' and 'thrown under a tank' that nothing will take happily.

-- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942.

Adolph hitler supports gun control.. Do you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
doc_pathfinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:53   #22
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_pathfinders View Post
nice to see when BS is stamped on, if a sight can handle being on an m240 then it can handle _anything_ that airsoft and paintball can throw at it (barring the battery contact issues mentioned)

*excluding stupid actions like 'being shot' and 'thrown under a tank' that nothing will take happily.
Yet throw a rifle scope on a good air rifle (ie highpowered) and most often than not you'll see that scope "shaken to pieces".
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:25   #23
doc_pathfinders

never had a problem on my old webley eclipse, for shits and giggles i duct-taped one of the first aimpoint replicas to it, i loaned that to a friend who ratted with it for a year (forgot i he had it and i was out of the country) and after taking the duct-tape off it's been working on my rifle ever since..

on that same note, my first scope on that same webley eclipse broke after 50 pellets (cross-hairs went funny to say the least) and i know that was due to recoil.

airguns are funny things, i guess it's the recoil impulse that does it..

-- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942.

Adolph hitler supports gun control.. Do you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
doc_pathfinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:27   #24
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_pathfinders View Post
never had a problem on my old webley eclipse, for shits and giggles i duct-taped one of the first aimpoint replicas to it, i loaned that to a friend who ratted with it for a year (forgot i he had it and i was out of the country) and after taking the duct-tape off it's been working on my rifle ever since..

on that same note, my first scope on that same webley eclipse broke after 50 pellets (cross-hairs went funny to say the least) and i know that was due to recoil.

airguns are funny things, i guess it's the recoil impulse that does it..
RDS and scopes have different internals and an RDS I find is much harder to knock out of alignment (havent yet) whereas scopes can be finicky right from the get go.

There was one guy over at CGN who ruined his Leupold scope on his air rifle
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:45   #25
Azathoth

So it's SCOPES not RDS/holosights on AIRIFLES and Crossbows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion