Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 6th, 2014, 21:21   #271
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Are there any plans on incorporating a functional bolt catch/lock later down the road? Perhaps something similar to KWA's ERG bolt lock mechanism?
Old June 6th, 2014, 22:00   #272
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
Tippmann M4 HPA/CO2 Blowback - Internals! - (Part 2) - Airsoft GI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHUwNBjaaI
What happened to Matt's special videos. ASGI beat him to making the internals video.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 23:19   #273
Crossfire034

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&D Engineer View Post
It takes standard AEG buckings and adjusts with a hex key.
Oh, sweet! Works like my GBB pistol then, should be pretty hard for the unit to adjust on its own. Guess I know what I'm doing with my spare tightbore and bucking.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 08:41   #274
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

The videos made during my trip to Chicago are in the hands of others. Unfortunately, I have no control over when Tippmann will release them post-editing.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:34   #275
dartguy43

I used to play a lot of paintball and can tell you that Tippmann was one of the best companies for customer service and durability. The m4 they are producing uses internals based off of their 98 custom paintball marker. This was probably the most widely used and most durable paintball guns ever. From what I have read the velocity and rate of fire can be adjusted by turning screws on the inside of the gun (controlling the amount of air flowing through the valve). From what I have read the velocity will be adjustable from 250 to 400 fps. This would make the m4 good for both indoor and outdoor games. The rate of fire can be adjusted from 8 to 20 rps. The co2 mags will hold 80-85 rounds which means you can get a whole mag off of a 12 gram co2. The HPA remote attachment is a nice touch for people who want to use AEG m4 mags of any capacity. I have always wanted a GBB rifle but didn't want to drop too much money on it this might be the best alternative for people with HPA tanks left over from paintball.
dartguy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:59   #276
SuperHog

Well Dartguy43, I am sure Tippmann is still doing final tweaks to the final production M4's . We will see in the near future if Tippmann can actually get it right the first time.

As for the Tippmann 98, it was popular only because it was a entry beginner gun, aimed at the mass market sold in sporting stores and walmart. It was also the most popular rental gun at fields, but.....its competitor Spyder was actually a better gun by far.

As for the Tippman M4, for players that like to run low caps have to sacrifice a CO2 cartridge each time they reload. Lets hope Tippmann puts in a real regulator in the final production guns. I don't think the CO2 thing is going to take off as HPA is the better route and a real internal reg is needed over a restrictor that cost pennies to stick in.

If Tippmann want to get innovative, for airsoft, most players don't like the remote set up other companies have chosen. I would like to see Tippmann come out with an option on-gun tank set up like this.

Other paintball gun makers could also could make airsoft guns so Tippmann has one crack at it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milsig-elite-desert-warrior.jpg (39.8 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by SuperHog; June 7th, 2014 at 21:54..
Old June 8th, 2014, 18:56   #277
R&D Engineer

There is no regulator in the gun. The valve operates ideally at 850psi, the vapor pressure of CO2 at room temp, or the output of most HPA tanks. The valve can function across the range of 1800psi to 300psi.
R&D Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 22:19   #278
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&D Engineer View Post
There is no regulator in the gun. The valve operates ideally at 850psi, the vapor pressure of CO2 at room temp, or the output of most HPA tanks. The valve can function across the range of 1800psi to 300psi.
So what happens to velocity consistency as the pressure keeps on dropping below 850psi when using HPA? Can the Tippmann M4 even run with a Polarstar reg at 100psi? If it can't , then obviously the Polarstar and Wolverine are still the higher end system.

On both the Polarstar and Wolverine, you can run deep into the HPA tank until it falls below 100psi. At 850ps, you are wasting air with a Tippmann.

Last edited by SuperHog; June 8th, 2014 at 22:35..
Old June 8th, 2014, 22:56   #279
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
Are there any plans on incorporating a functional bolt catch/lock later down the road? Perhaps something similar to KWA's ERG bolt lock mechanism?
No, but the Daytona M4's can do it. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
On both the Polarstar and Wolverine, you can run deep into the HPA tank until it falls below 100psi. At 850ps, you are wasting air with a Tippmann.
Currently P* is running at 60 PSI, my Daytona M4 was running around 80-100 PSI.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 23:09   #280
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
No, but the Daytona M4's can do it. :P

Currently P* is running at 60 PSI, my Daytona M4 was running around 80-100 PSI.
100psi and below is excellent.
Old June 9th, 2014, 03:13   #281
Aj619

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
So what happens to velocity consistency as the pressure keeps on dropping below 850psi when using HPA? Can the Tippmann M4 even run with a Polarstar reg at 100psi? If it can't , then obviously the Polarstar and Wolverine are still the higher end system.

Honestly you will be wasting air however the gun maybe compatible with paintball regs such as CP regs.

Meaning instead of using a $200 regulator and remote line set up you are using a $62 reg which you can easily maintain yourself.

also PSI isn't the only factor in efficiency volume of air has a lot to do with with it as well.
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:33   #282
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj619 View Post
Honestly you will be wasting air however the gun maybe compatible with paintball regs such as CP regs.

Meaning instead of using a $200 regulator and remote line set up you are using a $62 reg which you can easily maintain yourself.

also PSI isn't the only factor in efficiency volume of air has a lot to do with with it as well.

I disagree. Polarstar and Wolverine is better engineered to operate at 100psi and lower and all CNC machined.

pot metal internals, 850psi and no regualation is old, old, old paintball blow back technology for CO2. In paintball, all tourney guns operate well below 200psi. That is why Tippmann 98 was stuck in the rental gun business.

You have to be gullible to believe 850psi is just fine for operating pressure. All of my paintball guns will not run CO2 and are only HPA operating under 200psi.

For your info, blow back guns are not efficient. They also fart when the pressure drops and they can not recock anymore.

Last edited by SuperHog; June 9th, 2014 at 10:04..
Old June 9th, 2014, 10:32   #283
Danke

How do you guys run your Polarstars with no airline?

Ohhhhhhh, you can't do that.
Old June 9th, 2014, 17:37   #284
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbain500 View Post
Oh wait yes we can run without an airline check it out.
you mean this?
http://www.redlineairsoft.com/index....e-airstock-kit

R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 18:19   #285
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
you mean this?
Wow; is that some kind of Navy SEAL setup so you can breath underwater?

I can't help but imagine the tank in red and then with the big tank and the dials it would look like an extinguisher bottle. Then you could imagine you were a tactical fireman!

Is there a hopper option?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion