Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 1st, 2010, 11:46   #241
m102404
Tys

Jamuke, if you want to bring it by I'll take a look at it.

I'm also working on the side mount for the hicapa tonight and should have that done soon.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 20:34   #242
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I tore into my WETTI trying to figure out why it keeps crushing nozzles, and the only thing i can see is when i look down the cylinder, I see some flashing around the hole that gas enters through, any of you have that? the orings on my nozzle were always getting chewed up, so it may be getting caught on that and jamming up

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 00:01   #243
Karma_

I'm having bb's jam in my M4. Ever since I put in the tightbore and new hop up and can't see what would be causing this. If I aim the barrel at the ground they just roll out, otherwise 4-5 will just shoot out. Strange....

Edit: after some inspecting I found the larger o-ring on the nozzle to be dry. I lubed it up and will update tomorrow.

The cost of being legit is high

Last edited by Karma_; February 3rd, 2010 at 01:43..
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 14:20   #244
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
I tore into my WETTI trying to figure out why it keeps crushing nozzles, and the only thing i can see is when i look down the cylinder, I see some flashing around the hole that gas enters through, any of you have that? the orings on my nozzle were always getting chewed up, so it may be getting caught on that and jamming up
Did you changed the white spacer on the nozzle rod lately?

How long is it?
BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 22:19   #245
jamuke

a near miss

almost vacumed up the problem with my scar

the pin that the hammer hits to engage the striker assembly had fallen out

simple as that

should it be glued in, threalocked?
Old February 9th, 2010, 22:14   #246
wind953

So I've just become a member of the WE Scar owners club...hehe, but I've ran into a problem.

There seems to be something odd with the charging handle. I was trying to rack it back for the first time. I was able to pull it back about an inch but it felt like something was acting against me pulling it back. I actually had to use a bit of force to overcome that and pull it back fully. I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen, as I've seen review videos with the charging handle being cocked back in one smooth fluid motion.
Note I am aware that for the WE Scar you cannot have the safety on when you pull the handle back, or it will act the same way as what I just described (and it will seriously f*ck sh!t up lol). I made sure that the safety was not on, but the handle acted as if the safety had been on the whole time....
I tried firing with safety on and off and both behaved like they're supposed to.
I did a quick field disassembly, and while pulling out the spring guide assembly I also had to use a bit of force (again...in videos the thing just slide right out). Could it be something wrong with the spring? I don't think so because the gun fires just fine (even on full auto).

Perhaps it's actually nothing to worry about, as long as I really make sure I don't have the safety on while cocking the handle. But I just want to be sure...

Thanks!
wind953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 22:19   #247
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG View Post
Did you changed the white spacer on the nozzle rod lately?

How long is it?
no spacer, it got lost somewhere along the line

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 22:35   #248
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind953 View Post
So I've just become a member of the WE Scar owners club...hehe, but I've ran into a problem.

There seems to be something odd with the charging handle. I was trying to rack it back for the first time. I was able to pull it back about an inch but it felt like something was acting against me pulling it back. I actually had to use a bit of force to overcome that and pull it back fully. I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen, as I've seen review videos with the charging handle being cocked back in one smooth fluid motion.
Note I am aware that for the WE Scar you cannot have the safety on when you pull the handle back, or it will act the same way as what I just described (and it will seriously f*ck sh!t up lol). I made sure that the safety was not on, but the handle acted as if the safety had been on the whole time....
I tried firing with safety on and off and both behaved like they're supposed to.
I did a quick field disassembly, and while pulling out the spring guide assembly I also had to use a bit of force (again...in videos the thing just slide right out). Could it be something wrong with the spring? I don't think so because the gun fires just fine (even on full auto).

Perhaps it's actually nothing to worry about, as long as I really make sure I don't have the safety on while cocking the handle. But I just want to be sure...

Thanks!
There is a wheel on your hammer. Spin it. See if it spins freely. Mine had the exact same thing and was scratching the bolt carrier. I then dremel sanded down the wheel thinner and it spins freely fine.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 22:59   #249
wind953

Oh okay thanks I will try that.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:19   #250
wind953

If you are talking about the tiny little silver wheel thing, it seems to spin fine. I doubt it is because of that. Because during the last part of the field strip (taking out the bolt carrier), you have to rack the handle all the way back, and even then I'm getting that stuck segment. I think it might have something to do with the the part where the nozzle of the bolt carrier goes into the barrel set (the gold part).

Also, my rear sight does not stand up straight when I flip it up. It's a little bit slanted. I can push it in a little bit more to straighten it up if I push my finger against it, but when I let go to it slants back again. Is that supposed to be adjustable?

Thanks.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:33   #251
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
If you are talking about the tiny little silver wheel thing, it seems to spin fine. I doubt it is because of that. Because during the last part of the field strip (taking out the bolt carrier), you have to rack the handle all the way back, and even then I'm getting that stuck segment. I think it might have something to do with the the part where the nozzle of the bolt carrier goes into the barrel set (the gold part).

Also, my rear sight does not stand up straight when I flip it up. It's a little bit slanted. I can push it in a little bit more to straighten it up if I push my finger against it, but when I let go to it slants back again. Is that supposed to be adjustable?

Thanks.
Like all problems, my nozzle ia surviving, but the o-ring is out of life soon.. The problem is the rod is loose. Even if you get a thicker C-clip, it will still wobble. The RA-Tech solves the problem.

As for the rear sight, yes that's normal. Mine's like that. lol

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:22   #252
wind953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
The problem is the rod is loose. Even if you get a thicker C-clip, it will still wobble. The RA-Tech solves the problem.
Are you positive that that's the problem? Nothing's "loose". If anything, something might be too tight lol....thus the "stuck" problem. I don't really want to get the NPAS thingy unless I have to. It's just for adjusting fps isn't it?

THanks.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:38   #253
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Are you positive that that's the problem? Nothing's "loose". If anything, something might be too tight lol....thus the "stuck" problem. I don't really want to get the NPAS thingy unless I have to. It's just for adjusting fps isn't it?

THanks.
That is the problem on all WE's. NPAS is not just adjusting FPS, but it's great for an upgrade for durability, especially when you get the one with the stainless.

I'd go with the NPAS, who know's, maybe you want to game it outdoors, and rainy days indoors.. lol

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old February 11th, 2010, 00:20   #254
El Cactus Loco

hey i have a v1 m4 and there is a bit of slop or wiggle room between the upper and lower receivers. has anyone figured a way to eliminate this wiggle? shims etc? it seems to be coming from the front take down pin, the part of the upper that attaches here isnt a tight fit into the front of the lower. its not major, i just dont like having lose parts esp when they can affect the alignment of the operating mech....
El Cactus Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:07   #255
m102404
Tys

I would NOT use a "magic" pin, expanding type receiver pin...although that's what they're great at doing, I don't think that the airsoft rifle materials are up to the stress while in use (i.e. it'll be nice and tight...then probably pop the front lug of the upper receiver after shooting).

Mine has no play when assembled, but a bit of play when field stripped. If there was a bit of play I'd probably go with a shim ring and try to keep them even between both sides of the front lug.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications